**** darwin

TheCount

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, Packers
I don’t understand why you use the Crows as the other team as opposed to a badly supported/followed team. You get 5000+ crows supporters at the G. You would be lucky to get 500 GWS supporters.

As a Crows supporter living in Melbourne it reduces the games I can get to!
It's not our decision, the AFL goes with the Adelaide based teams because they know it will mean a "big" vocal crowds due to the support they have in NT, combined with the support we've generated playing there for so long now.

It's a smart business decision for them, but makes it pretty ordinary for us obviously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gysberts2Bate

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don’t understand why you use the Crows as the other team as opposed to a badly supported/followed team. You get 5000+ crows supporters at the G. You would be lucky to get 500 GWS supporters.

As a Crows supporter living in Melbourne it reduces the games I can get to!
Maybe because there's no point playing teams no one cares about up there

Gysberts2Bate

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
T
It's not our decision, the AFL goes with the Adelaide based teams because they know it will mean a "big" vocal crowds due to the support they have in NT, combined with the support we've generated playing there for so long now.

It's a smart business decision for them, but makes it pretty ordinary for us obviously.
The attendance at the game was 6,000 people. If a professional sports team is seriously affected by a minor difference in levels of support from crowd noise (at a ground bigger than the MCG) it should just fold.

Cannon82

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Neither do I. Play GWS/GC up there for ****s sake, not the Crows or Eagles.
Doesn't the other team have to agree to play there, too? Hence we end up playing teams at other grounds where they have more than a vestige of support?

Crusty Demon

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2009
Ferntree Gully
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Maybe because there's no point playing teams no one cares about up there
With a crowd of 6000, does it really matter?? If they want a game or two of AFL for premiership points, then they get the games they are given. The only team that should matter is ours as we are the home team and we are doing the hard yards. So who we play shouldn't matter to the locals. We should be playing the expansion teams there. The Giants are a gun team, so why wouldn't NT want to see them play live?

TheCount

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, Packers
Doesn't the other team have to agree to play there, too? Hence we end up playing teams at other grounds where they have more than a vestige of support?
Like we agree to play in Hobart and Geelong every year?

Nope, the clubs we play have no consultation in it

Cannon82

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Like we agree to play in Hobart and Geelong every year?

Nope, the clubs we play have no consultation in it
I thought we might with Hobart, given we've had a fair few Tassie Dees float through the club in recent years. I don't pay much attention to the formulation of the draw, obviously.

Jibroni

All Australian
Jun 14, 2017
Adelaide
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, AC Milan, North Adelaide
Rather play two games in Alice against a WA and SA team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom