**** darwin

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, I'm with you Stabler. It doesn't help us at all playing up there. I thought we were reconnecting with the heartland? Pretty hard for members to get to the Sarwin 'home' games.

Last year I was so peeved after the Darwin game that I suggested sending them all to the crocodile farm.

Reality is though that Darwin isn't our problem, fitness is.

If we're top 8 material then yeah, piss Darwin off but until then it's important revenue for the club.

Id say harden up and deal with it, two teams have to play there, they are putting some coin into the club.

Until Horsham or Shepparton sponsor us for more it is what it is.

West Coast would have beat us at the g. Take the cash...for now.
Agreed.

Not only that but let's see how WCE pull up next week. If they recover well then it's pretty obvious we are just plain ordinary and so far behind the top clubs in professionalism and conditioning.

Agreed.

Not only that but let's see how WCE pull up next week. If they recover well then it's pretty obvious we are just plain ordinary and so far behind the top clubs in professionalism and conditioning.

Yep, I don't think we should be too reactionary about it cos we lost tonight...sadly we need the cash. We are improving and a time will come where I don't want this to continue but I'll accept it for now.

I'm more worried about the drop off for next week, rather than the match tonight... I can't understand how the AFL can't get this fixture in for the last round before both teams' byes, so they then get an extra week for recovery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those *ing eagle scum really do run hard, and play a fast brand...wouldn't be at all surprised if were cooked next week.
Just make some money from it to ease the pain of a loss. Halftime/fulltime double melb-ess will net you $7 for every 1 you put on. I reckon i would also have some on the quarter by quarter.
Melb/ess/ess/ess will pay about $17

I'm okay with it on condition we leave Bail & M Jones there.

Howe can fly back so long as he dangles from the wing or something.
The-Simpsons-Season-5-Episode-1-13-a025.jpg

Run along Rohan Bail and Matt Jones your free now!

Why 2 games? Pull it back to one. Getting too greedy I reckon. Winning is more important now imho. Wins will make this club money in the long term and for a sustainable period.

I'm not to concerned about potentially losing 4 points because west coast probably would of won. However I'm worried that next week when we have a very winnable game against Essendon the travel factor and humidity may take a toll on the boys. Why isn't the Darwin game before the bye?

Why 2 games? Pull it back to one. Getting too greedy I reckon. Winning is more important now imho. Wins will make this club money in the long term and for a sustainable period.

I like the Alice Springs game as its dry, beautiful landscape, and not ridiculously hot when we play there.

Darwin is humid, hot and incredibly exhausting for a team that is used to training in the cold. The past three years we've lost to Brisbane, Fremantle, and now West Coast up there. Freo won comfortably the week after beating us up there. Brisbane lost to Port the week after by about 10 points. Anything could happen with West Coast next week considering the circumstances.

I'm really hoping we can recover well by next week as it would be an absolute embarrassment to lose to the current Essendon side.

I know its an important revenue asset for us but winning games is more important for a club trying to get memberships. And constantly being embarassed up there is horrible for the morale of the players and supporters alike.

The Darwin philosophy:

- Play a game against a team much better adapted to the conditions? Check.

- Run ourselves ragged just trying to keep up? Check.

- Totally flogged for the next week due to excessive travel? Check.

- Lose to mediocre opposition the following week, killing any momentum in the season we might have had? Check.

- Fail to insist that the AFL schedule the match before the bye to reduce recovery hangover? Check.

- Sacrificing the team's prospect of maintaining performance/training standards for the sake of pocketing some cash? Check.

Nice one, Melbourne. Uncheck...

The Darwin philosophy:

- Lose to mediocre opposition the following week, killing any momentum in the season we might have had? Check.

- Fail to insist that the AFL schedule the match before the bye to reduce recovery hangover? Check.

- Sacrificing the team's prospect of maintaining performance/training standards for the sake of pocketing some cash? Check.

Please email this to PJ or the club.

Nail on the head.

The Darwin philosophy:

Do we need to get the okay from the AFL and the opposition to play a "home" game in NT? Wouldn't have thought there'd be a lot of VIC or NSW teams putting their hand up for it given the conditions and the travel. Who have we played up there other than West Coast and Port?

Do we need to get the okay from the AFL and the opposition to play a "home" game in NT? Wouldn't have thought there'd be a lot of VIC or NSW teams putting their hand up for it given the conditions and the travel. Who have we played up there other than West Coast and Port?

I think the reason we play the WA teams and Port up there is, they are the low-drawing crowds when we play them in Melbourne and we lose money. So instead of losing money from a crowd of 20,000 or so at the MCG, we make $500,000 from playing them in Darwin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back