**** darwin

Remove this Banner Ad

**** darwin

At least we've got a much better quality television broadcast of this ******* debacle. I recall an NT game last year where the cameras looked to be in the tray of someone's ute.

They decided they didn't want to play Port in Alice any more due to Port having more supporters at the game - replaced by Gold Coast. So they go and play Adelaide in Darwin. Crowd is about 70% crows. Idiots.

NT games are just exhibition games and easy 4 points for Power and Crows.

I've been a supporter of the NT games whilst the club was rebuilding but it's time to let go after the current agreement runs out.

Hate the fact we've got a 6 day turnaround returning from Darwin and Port played a day game today so they get more recovery time.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why doesn't the club do something about it though. It's utterly ridiculous. We have no hope next week.

They decided they didn't want to play Port in Alice any more due to Port having more supporters at the game - replaced by Gold Coast. So they go and play Adelaide in Darwin. Crowd is about 70% crows. Idiots.

I've been a supporter of the NT games whilst the club was rebuilding but it's time to let go after the current agreement runs out.

Crows AFLW team is 1/2 based in Darwin. Most of the good local players play down in the SANFL. NT is much more aligned to SA & Adelaide than Victoria & Melbourne. I would say the crowd was about 80% Crows :)

There are two things that linger of the previous Administration. Womens footy is the one good thing we established under it, but playing in Darin imo is the one last mistake that still lingers on from the last Admin

Agreed. Surely we don't need the extra $$$ now. With a decent side, we are drawing more through the gate at home games. Not saying we would have.won at the G, but it's more the impact the week after. Yes who play us the week after Darwin basically gets gifted 4 points. Port will smash us next week. Id bet my house on it..

Crows AFLW team is 1/2 based in Darwin. Most of the good local players play down in the SANFL. NT is much more aligned to SA & Adelaide than Victoria & Melbourne. I would say the crowd was about 80% Crows :)
Well back in the day it was northern territory of South Australia something like that so definitely has a more sa connection.

Current agreement includes next year as well -__-

Only two more games hopefully!

If the AFL really wanted us up there they have to look after us in terms of fixturing, min 7 day breaks either side and against teams that were at the bottom the season prior

100% agree with the bolded part but not the second part - we play whoever we play, but at least give us some recovery time from playing up there. Can't believe this round v Port, they get more time to recover - WTF??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The crows got dudded to, playing in 6 days time in a very important clash with Geelong. Makes no sense

I like traegar park but Darwin is an absolute dud

I agree on all fronts. No surprises both Crows and Port are lining up for these "away" games.

Our administration has come on in leaps and bounds but there is some serious naivety going on with these NT games.

If we're gonna play in Darwin surely the AFL can fixture it the weekend before our bye. If we request this every year but it gets knocked back and then the AFL give Geelong a Monday night game in Rd 23 I would be very pissed off.

They gave us one after the Alice game but I know what you mean, I'd prefer it after the Darwin game. I'd just like the deal to end altogether after 2018, I understand it is a big thing for our finances but hopefully we are strong enough off field to not need it by then.

They gave us one after the Alice game but I know what you mean, I'd prefer it after the Darwin game. I'd just like the deal to end altogether after 2018, I understand it is a big thing for our finances but hopefully we are strong enough off field to not need it by then.
Being in the black is first priority but then we are still a small club competing against the bank balances of Collingwood, West Coast, Adelaide etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back