**** darwin

Remove this Banner Ad

Its actually insulting having less support there than the opposition. I hope we pull out of the region completely then the locals will have zero afl games to watch and they can cheer for eddie betts on their tv's instead. Yeah im a grinch but * it what a pointless fixture

I am convinced we will never win a premiership while we continue to sabotage ourselves by giving away home games for a quick buck
I'm convinced we'll never win a premiership. Period.

It's been 39 years now. My childhood was wasted on this club, by adolescence was wasted on this club, my early adulthood, and now I've hit middle-age, still the same s**t - like, literally the same feelings over and over again for my entire life. It's just not meant to be somehow. Why do I even care anymore? If this were a relationship - you'd call it abusive, toxic, masochistic, and just plain disastrous.

Why are we giving away home ground advantage? Not just once, but twice in a season in a region where we have * all support?? It is bad enough us supporters have to grin and bare losing two games away from Melbourne, but to play against a side who clearly has strong support up there is mindboggling. We will never win a flag while we're giving away home games. This club just continue to s**t the bed on the field and off. It's actually remarkable they still have fans willing to part $$ every season to endure this s**t.

Its actually insulting having less support there than the opposition. I hope we pull out of the region completely then the locals will have zero afl games to watch and they can cheer for eddie betts on their tv's instead. Yeah im a grinch but **** it what a pointless fixture

Who said Adelaide had more support?

I was at the game and i can tell you it was 55% Dees

Most of the fans getting high 5s from Eddie were Dees fans

Why are we giving away home ground advantage? Not just once, but twice in a season in a region where we have **** all support?? It is bad enough us supporters have to grin and bare losing two games away from Melbourne, but to play against a side who clearly has strong support up there is mindboggling. We will never win a flag while we're giving away home games. This club just continue to **** the bed on the field and off. It's actually remarkable they still have fans willing to part $$ every season to endure this ****.

You have no idea of the support Melbourne have up here Champ

Melbourne has massive following in Alice and Darwin because of the locals that played at the Club

Stop looking for an excuse

Geez there's a lot of whinging on this board. Maybe it's not a coincidence that last year we won both of our games in the NT (by extremely convincing margins) and made a prelim? If you're good enough you'll win anywhere.

Geez there's a lot of whinging on this board. Maybe it's not a coincidence that last year we won both of our games in the NT (by extremely convincing margins) and made a prelim? If you're good enough you'll win anywhere.

Last year I'd have been happy to give away all of our MCG games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who said Adelaide had more support?

I was at the game and i can tell you it was 55% Dees

Most of the fans getting high 5s from Eddie were Dees fans
But it sounded louder on TV for Adelaide and must make an excuse why we are s**t. Not that there could have been Adelaide fans near the mics or anything like that

Here's a radical solution for winning support in Darwin. We turn up with out list fully fit to round 1, we don't choke repeatedly throughout the season (inc. Saturday night), the coach clues into a better game plan, we make finals and win the flag and suddenly kids in the NT decide that we're the team they want to support.

Yep. Club needs the money, deal with it.

If the only way we can financially survive is to sell our home games to other clubs then we don't deserve to be operating. Perhaps that would be valid 5 years ago but now it's absolute crap.

You have no idea of the support Melbourne have up here Champ

Melbourne has massive following in Alice and Darwin because of the locals that played at the Club

Stop looking for an excuse

Mate on tv everyone in the crowd were barracking for the Crows

If the only way we can financially survive is to sell our home games to other clubs then we don't deserve to be operating. Perhaps that would be valid 5 years ago but now it's absolute crap.
We didn't sell it to another club?

Here's a radical solution for winning support in Darwin. We turn up with out list fully fit to round 1, we don't choke repeatedly throughout the season (inc. Saturday night), the coach clues into a better game plan, we make finals and win the flag and suddenly kids in the NT decide that we're the team they want to support.

giphy.gif

Could be worse, we could of literally sold our home game to Port to play in China ...

exactly, no matter how bad it is in Alice it will never be as bad as China. I would lose my mind if the dees had to play there

I don’t understand why you use the Crows as the other team as opposed to a badly supported/followed team. You get 5000+ crows supporters at the G. You would be lucky to get 500 GWS supporters.

As a Crows supporter living in Melbourne it reduces the games I can get to!

I don’t understand why you use the Crows as the other team as opposed to a badly supported/followed team. You get 5000+ crows supporters at the G. You would be lucky to get 500 GWS supporters.

As a Crows supporter living in Melbourne it reduces the games I can get to!

Neither do I. Play GWS/GC up there for *s sake, not the Crows or Eagles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back