dave warner. cricket fans most popular choice as oz captain!

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Yeah it's unbelievable that he could have one of the worst, if not the worst, Ashes series from an Australian batsman in history and still win the AB medal.

Cummins, Smith or even Labuschagne would have been more worthy recipients, all stood up during the Ashes when it counted while Warner went AWOL.

Last edited:
Saw this cheat win a medal of some kind this morning standing beside a beautiful female cricket athlete , and if ever a woman looked uncomfortable standing next to this bloke who should never have been allowed to play for Australia again she did. She looked very very uncomfortable, maybe it was nothing to do with the cheat, but she had to stand by a winner who didn’t deserve to have the chance , my opinion of course , but a cheat is now back on the gravy train, shows how Aussies don’t give a stuff what any cheat does as long as he can play well, so Warner never can you be recognised what ever you do but anything as a cheat, and anything goes to win. Your a loser mate.

Here name is Ellyse Perry you brick.

Post proves your opinion is dirt regardless of where you're posting on this forum.

gordo2016

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
Footscray, Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Saw this cheat win a medal of some kind this morning standing beside a beautiful female cricket athlete , and if ever a woman looked uncomfortable standing next to this bloke who should never have been allowed to play for Australia again she did. She looked very very uncomfortable, maybe it was nothing to do with the cheat, but she had to stand by a winner who didn’t deserve to have the chance , my opinion of course , but a cheat is now back on the gravy train, shows how Aussies don’t give a stuff what any cheat does as long as he can play well, so Warner never can you be recognised what ever you do but anything as a cheat, and anything goes to win. Your a loser mate.
As well as being an absolute ****head, you have some serious issues with punctuation and grammar mate. Hopefully someone dobs you in to Centrelink.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
At the end of the day who cares. People won't remember how many Border medals he won but they will remember how many runs Smith scored
I couldn’t even tell you the winner from 2 years ago, but I can remember Ashes performances from over 10 years ago. Not sure why people get so offended over this!

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I couldn’t even tell you the winner from 2 years ago, but I can remember Ashes performances from over 10 years ago. Not sure why people get so offended over this!
Can't even remember it being mentioned by a single person on Bigfooty outside of the night. No one's arguing player x is better than y because of AB medals lol.

What you do remember is Pontings home ashes, Clarke's away series in SA, Smith in England. Lehmann and Martin in Sri Lanka and India, Warnes ashes etc.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
I don't have any moral issue with him winning, I have the issue with the fact he averaged 9 in the ashes then beat up on minnow Pakistan on roads. It's ridiculous

He should have been dropped for the Ashes 5th test at the very least

The argument people have is 'well 3 votes against Richmond counts the same as 3 against GCS' but this is a different sport. Tests aren't created equal and I don't think there's a fan in the country who thinks Warner was our best player this year. The voting system needs an overhaul
In what universe are Pakistan minnows? How many countries are not minnows if Pakistan are minnows?

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Have you watched Australia play away against Pakistan? Does that make Australia minnows?
Warner is a flat track bully. He was in no way our best player this year and 300, at home, on a road after failing away against the poms proves it.

Sorry this hurts you

If he ever did it away from home maybe people wouldn't feel so strongly about him being a flat track bully

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Warner is a flat track bully. He was in no way our best player this year and 300, at home, on a road after failing away against the poms proves it.

Sorry this hurts you

If he ever did it away from home maybe people wouldn't feel so strongly about him being a flat track bully
Nothing that you have just written addresses what I wrote.

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah it's unbelievable that he could have one of the worst, if not the worst, Ashes series from an Australian batsman in history and still win the AB medal.

Cummins, Smith or even Labuschagne would have been more worthy recipients, all stood up during the Ashes when it counted while Warner went AWOL.

yeah but the ashes are just another series in regards to votes - no more important than any other test series.

the problem with the voting is that it is geared towards the players who play all 3 formats.

so that narrowed the field down to basically smith (who almost won it), cummins and starc. even further as starc missed 4 tests in the ashes too.

the other problem is that in 20/20 in particular, he will have more opportunities to poll as he will bat in every game.

cummins, smith and labuschagne certainly had better all round years.

the voting for the AB medal has been contentious for a while now and is very low profile to what it once was, when it began.

in saying that, generally the most deserving player has won it .

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Is there an AB Medal thread on here somewhere? I wanted to catch up on what people were saying but I can't see one anywhere?

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
Talk about over the top. He has paid for his error in judgement. You think he hasn't regretted it? He talks about it every single interview as it being an absolute mistake and one he wishes he could take back. We all make mistakes. He can't be leader or any type the rest of his career, that is punishment enough considering he was odds on to be the t20 and ODI captain at least. We punished these 3 over the top, was purely a PR thing which was a joke in itself, especially when a month later the same thing happened again and the player from another country got 1 test match!
Sorry mate , he can’t take it back , he did it ,every human has failings , this fool chose to fail in the most idiotic manner and desperate activity and under the scrutiny of South Africa who had their share of cheating and gambling . This fool and his mates including a young player and the bleeding coach , made us the idiots and cheats we always preach we aren’t.
As for your comments on another ball tampering incident , one match , also proves the sporting world does not have credibility when it comes to punishments, the sporting authorities come out with barely any evidence and then bar 30 odd players from a sport , that’s a show not ball tampering the Essendon thing was the greatest show on earth and ridiculous, tampering with the ball in cricket is no different to kicking an opponent in AFL , looked on as a dog act. Winning by cheating what ever level of sport how ever minor you may think is the DOG act of all time.

But this apologetic smarmy well looked after bloke should be doing this, playing grade cricket somewhere and devoting his life to teaching young boys and girls that cheating is not the way in whatever circumstance.
He should never ever have been allowed on an international cricket pitch again, and reading comments in other forums I am not the only one. All should have been banned from national or international cricket for life, for cheating , forget about a time frame of punishment that is bullshit , no one can stop him playing at home down the road at the local, but making a career and the bullshit worship this talented but dirty cheat gets from fans amazes me, I can’t even watch it any more , it inflames me the way the AFL has destroyed the Aussie rules game with rule changing yet care nothing for the real game, so sandpapering a cricket ball comes close to the bone, this bloke is a lucky tool as far as I feel, there are no excuses in life for being an Ar**hole there is no excuse for cheating, and doing it in front of our international opponents is absolute the worst , never forgive this bloke , I have other names for him, and I hope he carries it to his end of career and is recognised as a good player with a massive flaw and weakness he cheated , if it was under pressure that is even more terrible, and he gets a goddamned award, give me a break , but of course if Ivan Milat could kick 15 goals a game he would have been let out on day release to play, that’s is stupid as a statement but it describes the worshipping weak people give to sports heroes, pick an effing surgeon that saves your life, or a soldier who does his/her duty and suffers the worst , the bloke who works like a dog for low wages but brings up a family , they are f*****g Heroes , this twirp isn.t deserving
Suffered ????? Ha ha ha ha ha ! Give me break, he,s a bloody cricket player not a worship worthy player but a cheating player. Hope your kids don’ t think .....“we can get away with cheating too look at this ball tampering Warner” and Cheating accomplices. He cheated he’s a cheat,yep !
THAT’S WHAT HE DID MATE!!!

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Sorry mate , he can’t take it back , he did it ,every human has failings , this fool chose to fail in the most idiotic manner and desperate activity and under the scrutiny of South Africa who had their share of cheating and gambling . This fool and his mates including a young player and the bleeding coach , made us the idiots and cheats we always preach we aren’t.
As for your comments on another ball tampering incident , one match , also proves the sporting world does not have credibility when it comes to punishments, the sporting authorities come out with barely any evidence and then bar 30 odd players from a sport , that’s a show not ball tampering the Essendon thing was the greatest show on earth and ridiculous, tampering with the ball in cricket is no different to kicking an opponent in AFL , looked on as a dog act. Winning by cheating what ever level of sport how ever minor you may think is the DOG act of all time.

But this apologetic smarmy well looked after bloke should be doing this, playing grade cricket somewhere and devoting his life to teaching young boys and girls that cheating is not the way in whatever circumstance.
He should never ever have been allowed on an international cricket pitch again, and reading comments in other forums I am not the only one. All should have been banned from national or international cricket for life, for cheating , forget about a time frame of punishment that is bullshit , no one can stop him playing at home down the road at the local, but making a career and the bullshit worship this talented but dirty cheat gets from fans amazes me, I can’t even watch it any more , it inflames me the way the AFL has destroyed the Aussie rules game with rule changing yet care nothing for the real game, so sandpapering a cricket ball comes close to the bone, this bloke is a lucky tool as far as I feel, there are no excuses in life for being an Ar**hole there is no excuse for cheating, and doing it in front of our international opponents is absolute the worst , never forgive this bloke , I have other names for him, and I hope he carries it to his end of career and is recognised as a good player with a massive flaw and weakness he cheated , if it was under pressure that is even more terrible, and he gets a goddamned award, give me a break , but of course if Ivan Milat could kick 15 goals a game he would have been let out on day release to play, that’s is stupid as a statement but it describes the worshipping weak people give to sports heroes, pick an effing surgeon that saves your life, or a soldier who does his/her duty and suffers the worst , the bloke who works like a dog for low wages but brings up a family , they are f*****g Heroes , this twirp isn.t deserving
Suffered ????? Ha ha ha ha ha ! Give me break, he,s a bloody cricket player not a worship worthy player but a cheating player. Hope your kids don’ t think .....“we can get away with cheating too look at this ball tampering Warner” and Cheating accomplices. He cheated he’s a cheat,yep !
THAT’S WHAT HE DID MATE!!!
techdiffhqdefault.jpg

trawlerman

Cancelled
Dec 31, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
If you don’t like the sport here’s a good idea don’t watch it!

Your thoughts are WAY over the top and you know it. Take a chill pill.
I didn't read anywhere that he didn't like the sport.
Not over the top at all.
I would like to know if I'm watching a sport and especially when betting on it that all sides are on the same playing field, with no advantages with three members of one side agreeing to get some reverse swing happening with a rub from sandpaper.To me, Warner seemed more concerned about being caught cheating than anything. He probably reckons cameras with long lenses should be banned for longer than his year off.

Not over the top at all.
I would like to know if I'm watching a sport and especially when betting on it that all sides are on the same playing field, with no advantages with three members of one side agreeing to get some reverse swing happening with a rub from sandpaper.To me, Warner seemed more concerned about being caught cheating than anything. He probably reckons cameras with long lenses should be banned for longer than his year off.

Please tell me you didn’t complain about betting! For the love of goodness sakes! (And I love a punt!).

Very much over the top. All 3 paid for their error. It is over, it’s in the past, we all move on. You ply your best side and a bloke with 20+ test tons is in our best side! Or do you want to play crabs like Marcus Harris...

trawlerman

Cancelled
Dec 31, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Please tell me you didn’t complain about betting! For the love of goodness sakes! (And I love a punt!).

Very much over the top. All 3 paid for their error. It is over, it’s in the past, we all move on. You ply your best side and a bloke with 20+ test tons is in our best side! Or do you want to play crabs like Marcus Harris...
I'll play crabs, give the AB to Smith. At least he scored some runs and appeared to be genuine in his remorse.
See, that scandal left a stain on the Aussie cricket team that will last a lot longer than 12 months.

I'll play crabs, give the AB to Smith. At least he scored some runs and appeared to be genuine in his remorse.
See, that scandal left a stain on the Aussie cricket team that will last a lot longer than 12 months.

Maybe for people in the media and the PR trash. For most cricket fans they are so over it. I’d moved on months ago. People make mistakes.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Not over the top at all.
Exactly, what happens after is trust vanishes and can never be 100 % brought back, what ever the level of the cheating is, is of no consequence , it’s a cheating episode.
But I,ve said my bit, sometimes cheats prosper what ever “pain” they may have suffered personally after cheating, he should be finished, gone unseen.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Exactly, what happens after is trust vanishes and can never be 100 % brought back, what ever the level of the cheating is, is of no consequence , it’s a cheating episode.
But I,ve said my bit, sometimes cheats prosper what ever “pain” they may have suffered personally after cheating, he should be finished, gone unseen.
Quick ps too, people do lay bets it’s a human activity, in fact many thousands of people like betting on sports, I totally agree with your comment on level playing fields.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Lu

Luke your too easy pleased mate , I do like the sport , and if someone hobbled a horse you generally thought was a winner, or painted a horse and gave it another name, and you lost a few hundred smackers on it, 12 months of for the trainer is enough, comments on gambling are INDEED appropriate, it’s part of what happens and because of that very activity of gambling , does the sports that are bet on ARE DAMNED WELL OPEN AND FAIR 100%.If you can’t gather that and still worship the “hard done by” cheats then I’d be packing in the punt that you love so much because you’ve probably been warn a few times already , warn well, but well warned? Meditate on that little one?

Lu

Luke your too easy pleased mate , I do like the sport , and if someone hobbled a horse you generally thought was a winner, or painted a horse and gave it another name, and you lost a few hundred smackers on it, 12 months of for the trainer is enough, comments on gambling are INDEED appropriate, it’s part of what happens and because of that very activity of gambling , does the sports that are bet on ARE DAMNED WELL OPEN AND FAIR 100%.If you can’t gather that and still worship the “hard done by” cheats then I’d be packing in the punt that you love so much because you’ve probably been warn a few times already , warn well, but well warned? Meditate on that little one?

Meh if you gamble you deserve to lose. Only gamble what you can afford to lose it’s pretty simple mate

Back