Dave Warner tea time incident.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm far from a Warner fan but it's pretty obvious De **** has been caught out here. He won't commit to Warner saying what he said about his sister or mother. They'll throw innuendos in the media though through ex players that Warner always gets personal, without committing to what was said.

Warner, Paine have gone on the record at De ***** comment and now Australia are the bad guys? Hilarious really. You can say what you want about Warner getting a taste of his own medicine but when South Africa and DeCock won't even commit to a story i think we know who's in the wrong.

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

I'm not sure anyone is really here to defend De Kock (who indeed comes off as a slightly floggy anyway, even before this particular instance).

I think people are just getting over Warner constantly getting involved in this shit and it's equally more irritating when he's supposed to be the vice captain.. People saying "this shit happens in footy all the time and no one cares" is stupid because cricket isn't football, just a cricket isn't golf which takes the whole "gentlemanly" thing to another level.

There's a huge body of evidence that Warner falls into the category "can give it out but can't take it back".

And ultimately, like I said about 15 pages ago, it's just ****ing boring now.

Australia vice-captain opens up on stairwell incident, what triggered his 'emotional response' and how he'll approach the next Test

samuel-ferris.ashx

Sam Ferris, in Port Elizabeth
08 March 2018

Australia vice-captain David Warner has broken his silence on the "vile and disgusting" personal sledge about his wife from Proteas gloveman Quinton de Kock and the stairwell scuffle that almost resulted in a Test suspension.

Warner was charged by the International Cricket Council, fined 75 per cent of his match fee and given three demerit points for his emotional outburst at de Kock outside the Kingsmead dressing rooms that required his teammates to physically restrain him.

QUICK SINGLE
subjectWarner cleared to play second Test
He escaped suspension from the second Test, but only just, and says he regrets the way the stairwell incident played out.

But Warner made it crystal clear that he will always defend his family.

"I cop it left, right and centre, especially off the field from spectators and I'm used to that and it doesn't bother me," Warner said.

"But in a proximity of my personal space and from behind me, a comment that was vile and disgusting about my wife, and in general about a lady, was quite poor I felt.

"My emotional response was just something that I don't believe should have been said and I'll always stick up for my family and in that case my teammates as well."

QUICK SINGLE
subjectDe Kock fined after ICC hearing
In additional CCTV footage that has surfaced from outside the stairwell, Warner can be seen snapping as de Kock's alleged inflammatory verbal barb drew an immediate response from the Australia opener, who was guided away by Tim Paine.

CF67F718E1424B14BF08B2AE5239C869.ashx

The moment de Kock's words triggered Warner's 'emotional response' // CCTV

Paine and Usman Khawaja then helped restrain Warner in the stairwell before Australia captain Steve Smith emerged from the visitor's dressing room to help suppress his deputy as the Proteas, featuring a shirtless du Plessis, filed out to see what the commotion was all about.

CCTV shows Warner-de Kock incident

Asked whether he might have got physical with the South African wicketkeeper had his teammates not been there, Warner said that was not his intention.

"I would have liked him to actually say the comment a little bit louder instead of just muttering it under his breath next to me and Tim Paine and then walking up the stairs and saying 'I didn't say anything' as soon as the rest of his team came out," Warner said.

"At the end of the day, we're all men and if you're going to say something you look at someone in the eye and say it."

Following Australia's 118-run win in Durban, South Africa team manager Dr Mohammed Moosajee said Warner "definitely" got personal when sledging de Kock in the lead up to the first Test.

There has been a suggestion de Kock's sister was mentioned out in the middle, a proposition Warner flat out rejected.

"No, I did not say that," he said.

Proteas legend weighs in on stairway incident

Having accepted the Level 2 charge and the addition of three demerit points to his disciplinary record, Warner is now just one minor indiscretion away from being suspended from a Test or two limited-overs internationals, whichever comes first.

But Warner says he will not curb his confrontational enthusiasm out on the field and pointed to his exemplary record over the past two years as evidence that he knows where to draw the line in the middle.

"You guys have seen the past 18-24 months how I conduct myself on the field," Warner said.

"What happened the other day was not appropriate and I responded a tad emotionally.

"But I think I've been fantastic the last 18-24 months.

"I play with aggression on the field and I try not to cross that line and it has been in the past that I have sort of been fiery.

QUICK SINGLE
subjectWarner wont change his approach: Paine
"But I don't think whatsoever there on the field that I have ever crossed that line.

"That's how I play my cricket; I live by the sword and die by the sword.

"I'll keep playing with that energy and making sure I am the voice in the team to keep our guys motivated on the field, that's for sure."

Now there is just one sleep before day one of what's set to be a fiery second Test at St George's Park.

De Kock's 'personal' sledging out of line: Smith

While Warner says he will not back down, it's unclear as to how the Proteas will behave towards the visiting vice-captain.

But Warner said he would find it "quite poor" if similar comments to the one de Kock allegedly made were ushered in Port Elizabeth.

"I can't see anyone else making comments the way he made them, which were outright disgusting," Warner said. "As I said, it's a thing you wouldn't say about any lady, especially someone's wife or a player's wife."

Australia vice-captain opens up on stairwell incident, what triggered his 'emotional response' and how he'll approach the next Test

samuel-ferris.ashx

Sam Ferris, in Port Elizabeth
08 March 2018

Australia vice-captain David Warner has broken his silence on the "vile and disgusting" personal sledge about his wife from Proteas gloveman Quinton de Kock and the stairwell scuffle that almost resulted in a Test suspension.

Warner was charged by the International Cricket Council, fined 75 per cent of his match fee and given three demerit points for his emotional outburst at de Kock outside the Kingsmead dressing rooms that required his teammates to physically restrain him.

QUICK SINGLE
subjectWarner cleared to play second Test
He escaped suspension from the second Test, but only just, and says he regrets the way the stairwell incident played out.

But Warner made it crystal clear that he will always defend his family.

"I cop it left, right and centre, especially off the field from spectators and I'm used to that and it doesn't bother me," Warner said.

"But in a proximity of my personal space and from behind me, a comment that was vile and disgusting about my wife, and in general about a lady, was quite poor I felt.

"My emotional response was just something that I don't believe should have been said and I'll always stick up for my family and in that case my teammates as well."

QUICK SINGLE
subjectDe Kock fined after ICC hearing
In additional CCTV footage that has surfaced from outside the stairwell, Warner can be seen snapping as de Kock's alleged inflammatory verbal barb drew an immediate response from the Australia opener, who was guided away by Tim Paine.

CF67F718E1424B14BF08B2AE5239C869.ashx

The moment de Kock's words triggered Warner's 'emotional response' // CCTV

Paine and Usman Khawaja then helped restrain Warner in the stairwell before Australia captain Steve Smith emerged from the visitor's dressing room to help suppress his deputy as the Proteas, featuring a shirtless du Plessis, filed out to see what the commotion was all about.

CCTV shows Warner-de Kock incident

Asked whether he might have got physical with the South African wicketkeeper had his teammates not been there, Warner said that was not his intention.

"I would have liked him to actually say the comment a little bit louder instead of just muttering it under his breath next to me and Tim Paine and then walking up the stairs and saying 'I didn't say anything' as soon as the rest of his team came out," Warner said.

"At the end of the day, we're all men and if you're going to say something you look at someone in the eye and say it."

Following Australia's 118-run win in Durban, South Africa team manager Dr Mohammed Moosajee said Warner "definitely" got personal when sledging de Kock in the lead up to the first Test.

There has been a suggestion de Kock's sister was mentioned out in the middle, a proposition Warner flat out rejected.

"No, I did not say that," he said.

Proteas legend weighs in on stairway incident

Having accepted the Level 2 charge and the addition of three demerit points to his disciplinary record, Warner is now just one minor indiscretion away from being suspended from a Test or two limited-overs internationals, whichever comes first.

But Warner says he will not curb his confrontational enthusiasm out on the field and pointed to his exemplary record over the past two years as evidence that he knows where to draw the line in the middle.

"You guys have seen the past 18-24 months how I conduct myself on the field," Warner said.

"What happened the other day was not appropriate and I responded a tad emotionally.

"But I think I've been fantastic the last 18-24 months.

"I play with aggression on the field and I try not to cross that line and it has been in the past that I have sort of been fiery.

QUICK SINGLE
subjectWarner wont change his approach: Paine
"But I don't think whatsoever there on the field that I have ever crossed that line.

"That's how I play my cricket; I live by the sword and die by the sword.

"I'll keep playing with that energy and making sure I am the voice in the team to keep our guys motivated on the field, that's for sure."

Now there is just one sleep before day one of what's set to be a fiery second Test at St George's Park.

De Kock's 'personal' sledging out of line: Smith

While Warner says he will not back down, it's unclear as to how the Proteas will behave towards the visiting vice-captain.

But Warner said he would find it "quite poor" if similar comments to the one de Kock allegedly made were ushered in Port Elizabeth.

"I can't see anyone else making comments the way he made them, which were outright disgusting," Warner said. "As I said, it's a thing you wouldn't say about any lady, especially someone's wife or a player's wife."
Tldr version?

"I can dish it out but I can't take it". ****ing sook.

Although I fully endorse all forms of sledging ... I understand that others don't ... I think De **** needs to get more subtle ... like the Barmy Army.

Davie Warner is over the hill
Came second to Sonny Bill
He’ll only pick a fight with men in a wig
When he opens his gob
We think he’s a knooooob
With Root our captain we’ll take the urn home

I'm not sure anyone is really here to defend De Kock (who indeed comes off as a slightly floggy anyway, even before this particular instance).

I think people are just getting over Warner constantly getting involved in this shit and it's equally more irritating when he's supposed to be the vice captain.. People saying "this shit happens in footy all the time and no one cares" is stupid because cricket isn't football, just a cricket isn't golf which takes the whole "gentlemanly" thing to another level.

There's a huge body of evidence that Warner falls into the category "can give it out but can't take it back".

And ultimately, like I said about 15 pages ago, it's just ******* boring now.
Pretty much.

If this was Usman Khawaja, Tim Paine or Shaun Marsh, they would receive much more support over this incident compared to Warner.

This is a guy who has found himself in these situations numerously throughout his career. There has been 2 respected ex-captains in Michael Vaughan and Graeme Smith claiming Warner has consistently taken a personal approach to sledging. 1 current captain in Joe Root assaulted. Ex players claiming he is a personal sledger. Warner himself has admitted he has overstepped the boundaries. And we're supposed to view Warner as the victim in all this? I'm not condoning using family and wives as a sledging topic but not surprised someone has eventually had enough of Warner and decided to give it back.

This forum went off its collective head when Jimmy Anderson raised the issue of Australia being bullies at the start of the Ashes. Hypocritical, last one to talk regarding sledging, "Andersook" etc. Yet when Warner complains and cries victim, a surprisingly large number of posters seem to be jumping to his defence? Why? because he's Australian?

Last edited:
Tldr version?

"I can dish it out but I can't take it". ****ing sook.

And yet in the same breath you say it's offensive to call a SA a Saffer. if there is no boundary then there is no boundary. But you've just intimated that there indeed is a boundary. So where is that boundary of acceptable v unacceptable? That's the question here. Racism for sure. like what Lehmann got sprung for "black c***s" all those years ago with Sri Lanka albeit on his own dressing room. Not much argument there. Is it ok to ridicule a player's wife for promiscuity? At days end that is the real question here.

This woman who subsequent to SBW incident sat in a car at the gap for hours contemplating suicide through humiliation. ffs is this a difficult question? Of course it's unacceptable to ridicule a wife in that way. Disgusting in fact and potentially very damaging.

De **** is very fortunate that I'm not part of the aust team inner circle because I guarantee I would have gone a lot further than Warner did to defend a lady ....any lady.

If there are people here who can't see this then I'm afraid that is a major concern for Aust society in general with erosion of morals and standards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not bull shit at all. I lived in South Africa as a child after leaving Zimbabwe due to political circumstances. The word Saffer can be very offensive.
Dont make things up pal, just because you lived in Sth. Africa for a while. There are very few Sth. Africans that would be offended if you called them a Saffer. I have been to Sth. Africa, too and have even heard the Sth. African people call themselves that. The term in itself is not offensive at all. If you called a Black Sth African "A Saffer," they would only be offended if they did not understand what you are saying, or if you said it out of context.

Just spoke to a a Saffer colleague ... and he laughed when I mentioned some found Saffer offensive.

His words were "we invented it so how can it be offensive??"

Okay, we're veering off track here. We're discussing Warner and his incident with de Koch, no need to bring up his wife's past, we're all aware of that, and just playing the man from now on will find you 24 hours out of the thread to have a think about things.

Okay, we're veering off track hear. We're discussing Warner and his incident with de Koch, no need to bring up his wife's past, we're all aware of that, and just playing the man from now on will find you 24 hours out of the thread to have a think about things.

LOL. Given the sledge was most likely related to the SBW Tryst ... her past is very relevant. Keep the virtue signalling to SRP.

Seriously Warner should of known that this type of thing will occur when he married damaged goods like her.

He has only himself to blame , should of just walked away instead of trying to be a tough little man and having to be restrained.

Small man syndrome
Pathetic post. You sound like very small man yourself. Whether his wife is damaged or goods or not, does not give someone the right to put her down in front of her husband on a cricket field.

Pathetic post. You sound like very small man yourself. Whether his wife is damaged or goods or not, does not give someone the right to put her down in front of her husband on a cricket field.
Cry me a river

He’s only angry at himself for marrying someone with that sort of history and not the sledge itself hence his reaction.

It simple if the manlet is going to get upset over a sledge, best not to be dishing them out previously.

Last edited:
LOL. Given the sledge was most likely related to the SBW Tryst ... her past is very relevant. Keep the virtue signalling to SRP.
Of course, we all know what the sledge was about so referring to it's origin again and again achieves nothing.

Warner should expect her history to come up if he continues to heavily sledge the opposition.

Warner should be able to handle it better given he should expect it.

Typical Little Man Syndrome - overcompensating with aggression to make up for small stature.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back