Dave Warner tea time incident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, he left that for Joe Root :rolleyes:

Trying to justify one's actions because they allegedly insulted a family member will never work. Des Headland used up that card years ago.

This is not an isolated incident. Warner has a horrible temper and has flirted the line on a number of occasions. He needs another holiday, and to be honest, to lose his leadership role. Enough is enough.

Not sure what Des Headland getting angry has to do with David Warner.

I don’t think either him or De kock covered themselves in glory.

I look forward to Daveys foray into politics. Could be the heir to Mark Latham

This confuses me. I thought the ICC brought in a rule where bowlers weren't allowed to offer the send off, but as you say, I've seen Rabada do it several times and nothing has been done. Is there a rule or not?

I think this is why holdings constant attacks on sledging are irritating, he clearly is deeply in love with rabada yet i have never heard him have anything to say about his sledging or over the top send offs.

There seems to be a fair few respected voices in the cricket world who aren't against this stuff at all times with all players, it's more just that when the players and teams they don't like are the ones responsible they are deeply offended but when it's their boys or their team dishing it out it's great theater.

He will NOT get a slap. as he is from NSW, and NSW press are already
"pumping his tyres up". He will probably get knighted or keys to sydney city ,when he comes home
cause Stevie is squeaky clean on the ground :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Doss said:
Wasn't he suspended for sending off in the England series last year?

I remember him sending people off when he was touring here in late 2016. Doesn't seem to learn...
I think that followed a physical altercation with a Sri Lankan player in an earlier one day series. He had some carry over infraction points.

Surely De Kock's words aren't news to Davey, and they are factual (Provided he stayed within the known bounds of the Candice Falzon hitlist). Whilst it is a little bit jarring, provided it is completely factual, what is actually wrong with it?

Kudos to Usman for being the main man in trying to move him along. Paine and Smith also deserve some credit for their efforts in moving him along. If it was overly personal and traumatic, the rest of the team would have had their share of words to add to the situation, they didn't, which to me says the group found Warner's behaviour a bit over the top at the time.

That's a little different as McGrath stepped way over the line with his initial comment and sarwan just responded in kind.

Well do we have a transcript/lead up to what was said? I doubt De Kock made the comment without some sort of retaliation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading Ben Horne's story on this and the South Africans are accusing Warner of some unsavoury comments about De Kock's sister and mother. This will rumble on it seems.

From the article:'Faf du Plessis and team manager Dr Mohammed Moosajee claiming that de Kock was also subjected to personal sledging, with allegations from the Proteas that his mother and sister may have been mentioned in some way during the day’s play. Smith and Australia have countered this version of events.'

Ben Horne's full article: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/c...p/news-story/ddc6c07dbe8b38acaa73707a6bb874a8

Last edited:
This is pretty much the Mcgrath / Sarwan incident again.

Not sure what the penalties were in that case.
That was completely different. There were no penalties. Mc Grath was reported to have called Sarwan a pussy and said "what does Brian Lara's d*** taste like?" Sarwan said " Ask your wife." Mc Grath's wife was sick at the time and Mc Grath was furious her name was mentioned. Sarwan had no idea Jane was battling cancer at the time and he was very sorry for what he said. They both apologised and it was finished.

Seems like Warner can be a dick and abuse everyone but as soon as he cops it he sooks up big time. His attitude is embarrassing.

Yeah if you constantly dish it up , you'd better have a thick skin. The Austrians do use a degree of verbal hostility. If you are doings stuff you'd better have cast iron control.

Reading Ben Horne's story on this and the South Africans are accusing Warner of some unsavoury comments about De Kock's sister and mother. This will rumble on it seems.

From the article:'Faf du Plessis and team manager Dr Mohammed Moosajee claiming that de Kock was also subjected to personal sledging, with allegations from the Proteas that his mother and sister may have been mentioned in some way during the day’s play. Smith and Australia have countered this version of events.'

Ben Horne's full article: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/c...p/news-story/ddc6c07dbe8b38acaa73707a6bb874a8
So Warner started the whole thing by going after De Kocks Mother and Sister
I'm shocked.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back