Dave Warner tea time incident.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you think George Michael was shamed more for where he did his business than the fact he was gay I don't know what to tell you.

Ricky Gervais dedicated an entire segment of a sitcom to the location of it.
He also dedicated one of David Brent’s painfully awkward scenes in The Office to it. Whether that’s more than what he copped for simply being gay, well it’s probably unlikely. But that’s besides the point. He copped it deluxe for getting caught tossing off or getting sucked off or whatever it was, in a public toilet.

Ricky Gervais dedicated an entire segment of a sitcom to the location of it.
He also dedicated one of David Brent’s painfully awkward scenes in The Office to it. Whether that’s more than what he copped for simply being gay, well it’s probably unlikely. But that’s besides the point. He copped it deluxe for getting caught tossing off or getting sucked off or whatever it was, in a public toilet.

Completely different situation. George Michael was in on the joke and appeared in Extras with Gervais plus a skit at the BAFTAS making fun of his past.

This is a bunch of Saffa flogs hiding behind masks, having a dig at a woman who has no part in the game. Pathetic.

ICC and Cricket Australia will formally charge the 2 Saffa representatives in the photo. Both on borrowed time and should rightly get the sack.

In a pub toilet.

Do you get this menstrual when people hang s**t on George Michael?

What’s that, man hating gay shaming?
Are you saying she deserves it for a silly mistake made over a decade ago? C'mon, she's not a celebrity in her own right, she's a cricketer's wife. Rightly or wrongly, Michael was a celebrity whose personal life was fodder for the media. It's not comparable. Even so, it was s**t for Michael, it's s**t now.

Am getting a strong Adam Goodes booing situation vibe from the media over this where they are doing all that they can to stir up as much controversy as possible.

I am guessing if Mrs Warner had a choice she would not have wanted the SBW masks to be a story in every newspaper even though it happened.

Are you saying she deserves it for a silly mistake made over a decade ago? C'mon, she's not a celebrity in her own right, she's a cricketer's wife. Rightly or wrongly, Michael was a celebrity whose personal life was fodder for the media. It's not comparable. Even so, it was s**t for Michael, it's s**t now.

Where did I say that she deserves it?

Please find the quote because I’m just dying to f***en read it.

I’m saying wearing that mask doesn’t make the person a woman hating **** shamer or whatever buzzword you want to attach to it. It makes you a dickhead.

Completely different situation. George Michael was in on the joke and appeared in Extras with Gervais plus a skit at the BAFTAS making fun of his past.

This is a bunch of Saffa flogs hiding behind masks, having a dig at a woman who has no part in the game. Pathetic.

ICC and Cricket Australia will formally charge the 2 Saffa representatives in the photo. Both on borrowed time and should rightly get the sack.

Where have I said they were smart or funny or anything to that effect? I’m simply sick of seeing these stupid terms like women hater and **** shamer because a few idiots are dumb enough to make fun of a fairly forgettable incident a decade ago.

Thanks for clearing the George Michael thing up. I assumed it was a documentary and he had no idea.

Where did I say that she deserves it?

Please find the quote because I’m just dying to f***en read it.

I’m saying wearing that mask doesn’t make the person a woman hating **** shamer or whatever buzzword you want to attach to it. It makes you a dickhead.
You can put whatever name you want on it. But it's designed to humiliate both Warner and his wife for her sexual behaviour. **** shaming might be a modern buzzword but it fits the situation pretty well.

Where have I said they were smart or funny or anything to that effect? I’m simply sick of seeing these stupid terms like women hater and **** shamer because a few idiots are dumb enough to make fun of a fairly forgettable incident a decade ago.

Thanks for clearing the George Michael thing up. I assumed it was a documentary and he had no idea.

No worries, shouldn't have to point out the facts but it happens when people have NFI.

She does not deserve it but she knew what she was getting into hooking up with a public figure and has a long history of choosing high profile partners. Same for Warner with the possibility of onfield sledging about her.

Really these are attacks on Warner for being a flog and because it works on him. Candice is unfortunately dragged into it.

By the way, you guys realise Candice was actually quite famous when it happened right? She was a top level iron woman and had turned that into something of a modelling career and almost daily appearances in Sydney gossip columns.
That certainly doesn’t mean she deserves to hear about it every five minutes but at the time it was always going to be huge news. She has basically been on the arm of a famous sportsman her entire adult life - she was famously with Braith Anasta (another very high profile rugby league player) for a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could say the media continuing to report about it is probably having more of an effect on Candice's mental health than anything else.

It's a shame that she is copping criticism and condemnation that should be rightly deserved for her husband and his behaviour. The constant media reporting is only encouraging knobs to use her as ammunition.

By the way, you guys realise Candice was actually quite famous when it happened right? She was a top level iron woman and had turned that into something of a modelling career and almost daily appearances in Sydney gossip columns.
That certainly doesn’t mean she deserves to hear about it every five minutes but at the time it was always going to be huge news. She has basically been on the arm of a famous sportsman her entire adult life - she was famously with Braith Anasta (another very high profile rugby league player) for a long time.

this.

unsolicited sledging would be wrong (albeit completely understandable) but this just smacks off not being able to take sledging when it comes back at you.

the crying about it in the media is just poor taste and bringing more shame on his wife.

geez all it says to me is that all this is about boys being boys and throwing mud and sticks and stones.
time it was cleaned up even if in a kind of wrong way it is entertaining. don't know why but the tall poppy sydrome and all
that.

You could say the media continuing to report about it is probably having more of an effect on Candice's mental health than anything else.

It's a shame that she is copping criticism and condemnation that should be rightly deserved for her husband and his behaviour. The constant media reporting is only encouraging knobs to use her as ammunition.

Correct, it reminds me of last year when Carltonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn captain Marc Murphy wife had her friendships in the press.
The press ran it for three weeks, and both clubs should have held press conferences , which would have shut it down

and yet Sth Africa still carry on like pork chops with zero accountability...double standards
Zero accountability? How about letting the test finish and Rabada's hearing happen first?

He will almost certainly be suspended. In fact he seems to be stuck in such an idiotic frame of mind at the moment that I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to get himself cited again before this game is done with.

The mental gymnastics required to justify hanging s**t on Warner is impressive. I don't like Warner either, but I'll limit my reasons to him being a knob. What I won't do is 'go' his wife for her sex life a decade ago.

When Warner sledges incessantly, he's probing for a weakness. When a wound is opened, it's not unreasonable for the other man to respond in kind.

Play on.

When Warner sledges incessantly, he's probing for a weakness. When a wound is opened, it's not unreasonable for the other man to respond in kind.

Play on.
and now we have all got this info about what was really said and who and why and what and where and all that guff we can all start again with just a
gentle ribbing and upper class sledging with no personal attacks especially on people who don't play the game and don't have to answer for anything.

just a time to really put the line in the sand about it all. not good enough so far.

Zero accountability? How about letting the test finish and Rabada's hearing happen first?

He will almost certainly be suspended. In fact he seems to be stuck in such an idiotic frame of mind at the moment that I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to get himself cited again before this game is done with.

Wonder how Merv Hughes would have gone with these new systems. I guess he was more in control of himself as a bowler in his aggro than Rabada. I am going to be annoyed losing a quality player from series for either side. Having the best play against each other is what I want to see. Sign of times I guess. Most of the aggro in past got sorted out between teams in their own way. Warne and the West Indies guy in Big Bash probably the worst I seen where it crossed a line beyond normal sledging I did not like to see. Miandad and Lillee back in the day was pretty bad but was more comical in the end than anything. Storm in teacup with Rabada shoulder bumping into Smith. Rabada just needs to reel in in a little. Nothing more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back