Retired David Armitage

Remove this Banner Ad

Armitage returned from injury to play R4 v Collingwood:

Richo said that Armitage got really tight later in the game in his groin and had to be assisted off.

I think that he's now very low chance to play next week

bb6a57a01d9ebaef35b1d2d315744037.jpg

I read somewhere on the AFL site that he may need another operation. Very disappointing for Armo as he is important cog in the Saints midfield in my opinion. Hopefully he will be back and ready to play towards the end of the year as we will need him if we are going to make the finals this year.

Sent via HAL

After Armos second operation he is running now but still probably 4weeks away from playing . I think we have really missed him this season. He would have been very handy to take pressure off Jack with his experience and skill. He is a very good mid when he's fit and healthy something he hasn't been at all this season . So far I think he's only played 4 games this year and then he could hardly run.

Sent via Imagination, HAL traded.

'It's a bit indefinite': Saint's return date unknown
Dinny Navaratnam June 29, 2017 11:04 AM

Meanwhile, tough midfielder David Armitage is listed as being four weeks away from a groin injury.

"Dave's started running and is training well. (He's) probably still four weeks away from returning to footy but it's encouraging to see him running laps of the oval here at Seaford," Cox said.

Hopefully Armo is only a couple weeks away from resuming playing at vfl level . He would be a bonus for us if he can get fit enough and in form if we make the finals although who we would drop will be difficult unless we have an injury to another mid . If we do have a mid out injured he would be a great player to bring in .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like a pretty severe issue. More of a breakdown than an impact injury isn't it.

I'm hopeful we get to see him at his best again. It's been such a steep decline since his awesome season in 2015 :(
The team is so much better with a fit David Armitage. We have missed him this year.
The only upside is that his absence has given some of the young guys some opportunities to shine.
Hopefully David can break back into the team next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back