Recommitted David Cuningham [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the Drake

Premiership Player
Nov 22, 2013
Mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
David CUNINGHAM was drafted to Carlton at pick 23 of the 2015 National draft. This was the pick Carlton received from Richmond for Chris Yarran.

His first year (2016) was hampered by a hip injury that required hip surgery; playing only 3 games at the end of the season.

This year he was made to earn his spot at Carlton, developing his game in the VFL in the early rounds to a standard that he was selected for Carlton in round 9.

He has now played a total of six (6) games for Carlton. His last two he has averaged 17 possessions, 2 goals and 4 tackles. He does not appear to be a high accumulator of possessions (VFL is the same) but looks like a player that makes every possession count.

I know he is only in the early stages of his career, however he seems to have neat skills and is a good decision-maker. Also strong in the air and can break the lines.

Latest Rising Star nomination; interested to hear people's thoughts.

Why is this on the D&T board? :drunk:
Yeah. Good point. I was probably looking at whether picking him up as a pick 23 was a good selection. Probably put this in the wrong section. Apologies to all. Maybe the mods can move it?

Although he is uncontracted and we have a bid in the 80s...any more bids? anyone...anyone?

Richmond were very boastful to get Yarran for pick 19 instead of 12 (prior to academy selections).

I wonder if they still feel the same way about winning the deal?

Yeah. Good point. I was probably looking at whether picking him up as a pick 23 was a good selection. Probably put this in the wrong section. Apologies to all. Maybe the mods can move it?

Although he is uncontracted and we have a bid in the 80s...any more bids? anyone...anyone?

Wasn't who I wanted on draft day, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far, the kid is quick and has that explosive type turbo out of the traffic, he is only just starting to get confidence to use it on game day.
Would say he would be one of the quickest over 20m at the club, seems to have really clean hands, have seen him do some really sharp stuff at ground level and also has the genuine willing ness to tackle averaging 4pg.
He's tracking very well and all the sighs are very much what you want, has a good contested possession 8pg uncontested possession 10pg ratio, seem to really have a knack for kicking goals and getting kicks inside 50.
Goal kicking midfielders, that can win there own ball and have genuine speed are very valueable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back