Past David Ellard

Re: # 46. David Ellard (rookie)

Not sure what more this lad needs to do to earn a recall to the big boys. We need some zip in the forward line and someone other than Fev who is a reliable set shot. Fish should start being nervous

Sep 27, 2004
Dr Geoffrey Edelsten's jacuzzi
AFL Club
Carlton
Re: # 46. David Ellard (rookie)

Not sure what more this lad needs to do to earn a recall to the big boys. We need some zip in the forward line and someone other than Fev who is a reliable set shot. Fish should start being nervous
More pace and size.

Unless Ellard can find more speed and put on some size, he's in the same boat as Blackwell who is a ball magnet and won't make it.

It was just a rookie selection, but Stokes from the Hawks would have offered us more than Ellard when he has pace and skill.

At least we drafted Joseph who has speed and size for a rover.

I think Ellard was elevated for Walker.

BlueWorld

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Re: David Ellard (rookie)

Who was placed on LTI for him to be elevated to play WC?

From memory it was never announced?

Was most likely Tex in which case Ellard would need to another (Banno?) placed on LTI to be elevated.
Yes it was Tex so he'd no longer be able to play at this stage. Not sure about Banno but you need to be out 8 weeks and there are only 6 weeks to go so not sure how that works.

Settled in nicely being a long way from home (found something to keep hi warm at night I am sure)
Played a great game v West Coast (seems a lifetime ago)
Played a great role for the Bullants
Don't want to put pressure on the lad but expecting a lot next year and I am sure he will deliver.
Have faith my friends

Mar 21, 2008
In the box
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Northern Blues

No but I thought the WA crew would like his training pic here too

167388.jpg

May 1, 2007
Hawksburn
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
INTER MILAN, VICTORY

got a monster 16 tackles last week vs the kangaroos in the prctise match where he played on Daniel Harris and outclassed him

Think he might struggle to stake his claim to be elevated at the end of the year.

Has fallen behind a few other rookies after failing to impress much during this preseason on the field.

He looks like he has tried to change his game a little so that he can give himself every chance of making it but at this stage I'm not sure that it is enough.

Joseph and Garlett seem to be ahead of him on the rookie list with Betts and Yarran already ahead of all three of them on the senior list.

Great news for Carlton, unfortunate for Ellard, I really hoped that he could have made it.

He may do so. The comp may still get his ass into gear. Disappoints me he has not taken advantage of his opps and also am unhappy he has been so silent to those that have backed him.
Up to him and those that have backed him will be grumpy if not rewarded for our confidence in him

JayTee

Senior List
Mar 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Man City

Ellard definatley has potential to be a good player, These days though oppotunity in Carlton is getting tougher when all the aspects Ellard has are already filled in for, I believe in David still and his still young give him time He a great player at a lower level...Just has to addapt to AFL.

He could very well be Carltons secret weapon in 2010.

Oh and to the Wiggin's photo filling in for all of Ellards talents...Kicking straight was in there? C'mon anyone see Geelong Carlton Nab Cup Semi Final? If Wiggins could constantly maintain form and keep his kicks straight hed be a great back up forward....but man he messes up so much.

Ellard's destiny is in his own hands. When given a chance for Ants or Blues he must have a crack. Forget the other guys going for the same spot. He must just do the best he can and if that occurs will automatically be in the mix. Whether that is good enough to cut it..time will tell.

Back