david king - collingwood will smash us!

Remove this Banner Ad

kerrazy

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Just read on twitter that David king says we'll get smashed by the pies. What a knob! We beat them last time by 49, nd only lost by 3 at their ground. What reasons are there for a smashing?

until we turn around our pathetic record at the MCG, we won't stop this kind of crap being spewed

I remember when King said, very early in the season that Essendon had the best structures and were easily in the top 2 sides in the competitiono_O

Pre-season, King also tipped us to win the flag ;)

His main reasoning is that with Jolly back in we will not smash them in the clearances like last time. The clearances are still a worry, our lack of clean hands (except kerr) does nullify our enormous rucking dominance, swallow and ziebell killed us the other day and if it wasn't for our superb defence it might have had some impact. Against the hawks we got first possession from the clearances more times than the hawks but they beat us in the clearances by 5. They have made too much of Hale and Roughhead crossing the line because we still got about 20 hitouts to advantage but our mids didn't capitalise on them enough.
The importance of a quick start this week after our lack of intensity in previous mcg games cannot be understated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that's what King thinks, that's what he thinks. It isn't going to effect the outcome of the game. I don't know whether King is a dickhead or not, but I do like some of the things he brings to the Fox footy shows. It's his opinion, nothing more or less, and one that he's entitled to. Just a FYI, he spent all of last year's final series spruiking on about how Geelong would never be able to win the flag.

You can't question his reasoning, except to say Swallow and Ziebel did not kill us in the clearances. They may have got a slight numerical advantage but the quality was poles apart. In relation to his other points though, they are the same as my concerns going into the Collingwood game.

If that's what King thinks, that's what he thinks. It isn't going to effect the outcome of the game. I don't know whether King is a dickhead or not, but I do like some of the things he brings to the Fox footy shows. It's his opinion, nothing more or less, and one that he's entitled to. Just a FYI, he spent all of last year's final series spruiking on about how Geelong would never be able to win the flag.
I agree. King actually seems to do some work, rather than just rocking up and rolling out the same tired cliches as the other experts. If we had more David Kings and fewer Tony Shaws the standard of footy ahows would be a lot higher.

as apposed to everyone else in the football world whose never made a wrong prediction
It only sticks in my mind as he was so categorical... Was something along the lines of "100% certain, cannot win, will not win, shouldn't even show up, blah blah blah". Most people in the football world use words like 'should', 'may', 'might', 'potentially', 'could' etc so they don't come across as as much of a d*ck when their prediction doesn't happen.

With reference to my post above, he does seem to change his tune a little depending on who he is speaking to, that was more what I was getting at.

If you ask Jason Akermanis who the 3 biggest dickheads working in the AFL industry are, he'll list King in the top 3.

Acker is a bit of a tool in his own right but at least you can trust him to be honest.

um wut?

i dont like King but Aker's opinions are dirt. Micheal Braun being a drug cheat, jim stynes comments, and countless other times where he runs his mouth.

um wut?

i dont like King but Aker's opinions are dirt. Micheal Braun being a drug cheat, jim stynes comments, and countless other times where he runs his mouth.

Well, he didn't lie about Braun. He was just off the mark after saying he suspected it.

Aker's opinions might be suspect but you know he's telling you what he really thinks. That's my point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back