Roast David King smartest campaigner in AFL appreciation thread

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
There is not a dumber caller in football circles that gets so much wrong, so often. The biggest idiot getting around bar none. Couldn’t make it as a coach, despite trying, therefore pretends to be some analysis guru when the bloke knows less than nothing.

It’s incredibly satisfying to see this phoney continually fail with his stupid predictions. His headline/grab predictions only make him look sillier.

Can we please toast & roast this King for being the inspiration behind Jake Carlisle’s rise to one of the best defenders in the competition.

“Saints won’t win a game”

59877420-D933-4166-B4B0-542BB777272E.jpeg
1CA4B82C-5CAB-4C43-AFB6-11B61C8EC912.jpeg
E81464B2-C37C-4B8B-A911-832F9BFD1DF0.jpeg
73B3B720-95DC-4D54-8444-9A3BFE8322F8.jpeg

Last edited:

luca77

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2010
Japan
AFL Club
St Kilda
Walked into a bar when I was young, minding my own business trying to order a drink before heading out the back to meet up with my friends. This King git and a bored looking Fridge Roberts were sitting at the bar, and King starts trying to get my attention "Hey, oi, hey mate.." e.t.c. Eventually I turn to face them and King goes "What're you looking at?", like he was trying to start something. Big men having a go at a 65 odd kg kid all on his own.
Not the biggest story in the world, but needless to say I take great enjoyment from him coming across as the turnip that he is in his media jobs. It's almost a bit of a contest between him and Mark McClure to try and get headlines by making headstrong, idiotic comments.
Anyway, whatever. Hope Jake is right to go this week or soon after.

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
There is not a dumber campaigner in football circles that gets so much wrong, so often. The biggest gronk getting around bar none. Couldn’t make it as a coach, despite trying, therefore pretends to be some analysis guru when the bloke knows less than s**t.

It’s incredibly satisfying to see this phoney continually fail with his stupid predictions. His headline/grab predictions only make him look stupider, which is difficult given he’s pulling a sub 60 IQ putting him in the moron category.

Can we please toast & roast this grubby campaigner for being the inspiration behind Jake Carlisle’s rise to one of the best defenders in the competition.

“Saints won’t win a game”

View attachment 525407 View attachment 525408 View attachment 525409 View attachment 525410

A monumental s**t dribbler of epic proportions!
Loves the sound of his own voice so much he cant help it when his arse rises up to the mouth
and we then have the incessant shitathon. Just like his fellow dribbler Dermie.
Rollerblading feck knuckle he is.......

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
I actually like King. Think he is rather funny to be honest. Met him a few times and he was good company. Having said that one of my best mates was running for the pies and King got 2 weeks for hitting him. Someone with computer skills could probably get that up on here.

saintkildaman

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 1, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
I actually like King. Think he is rather funny to be honest. Met him a few times and he was good company. Having said that one of my best mates was running for the pies and King got 2 weeks for hitting him. Someone with computer skills could probably get that up on here.
Good company or not, flogs like King are the reason for the dropping standard in sport media.. paid to give an opinion which majority of the time is uneducated, unwarranted and simply click bait to make them relevant.

tim_saints

Premiership Player
Jul 16, 2008
Wonga Park
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles - MUFC
He’s an absolute campaigner haha seriously all he does is rip the s**t teams and praise the good ones? Makes ridiculous statements which almost never come true. He bases everything he says on numbers given to him by people behind the scenes. He’s a dickhead and a saints basher.

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wow

https://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/06/12/1023864297879.html

Kangaroos AFL premiership players David King and Mark Roberts were each given a 12-month good behaviour bond and ordered to pay $2000 to charity yesterday for their "cowardly" and "stupid" assault of a fast-food vendor last year.

Father of two Bulent Coskun suffered bruising to the face, cuts to the hand, ear, and jaw and back soreness after King, Roberts and Darren Postlethwaite, assaulted him at a kebab stall on Flemington Road, North Melbourne, in May.

The players originally denied that King was involved in the assault. But in the Melbourne Magistrates Court yesterday, King, 30, Roberts, 36, and Postlethwaite, 32 - all of North Melbourne - pleaded guilty to assault in company.

The court heard the trio abused Mr Coskun, 24, for being too slow and that the "s**t kebabs" he served were too expensive.

Sergeant Rod Hardy, prosecuting, said one man took a sausage from the warmer, wanting the sausage free. When Mr Coskun asked for the sausage to be purchased or returned, a scuffle ensued.

The incident happened hours after the Kangaroos beat Collingwood by two points at Colonial Stadium.

The trio was unsuccessful in having the matter dealt with through diversion, which allows the accused to avoid a criminal record in return for obeying conditions set by a magistrate.

King's lawyer, Brian Bourke, said his client had represented his state and country as a footballer and earned more than $100,000 a year.

Roberts, known as "The Fridge", played more than 200 games during his AFL career, while Postlethwaite played for the Northern Bullants in the VFL.

Magistrate Jelena Popovic said all three had contributed to the community through their athletic prowess and were held on a pedestal by young people.

But children would think less of the trio if the children knew the three had engaged in "cowardly behaviour, a three-on-one attack over something pretty stupid".

She gave the three men 12-month good behaviour bonds, ordered King and Roberts to donate $2000 to the Royal Children's Hospital and Postlethwaite to pay $1000 to the court fund.

Kangaroos chief executive Geoff Walsh appeared in court to support King, while a reference from Kangaroos coach Denis Pagan on behalf of Roberts was tendered to the court.

Outside court, Mr Coskun said he quit his job a week later over the incident and that the trio - who he said were drunk - had not apologised.

133C95E3-B4C8-4077-8DBB-86069E45EF1B.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
My favourite David King moment was that conversation on SEN last year - "If they wanted Gresham, they could have taken him with pick 5"
Was just about to say this, can’t remember who else was on the show but they were like...’ah yeh but then they wouldn’t of got Carlisle’
It’s was actually ridiculous how stupid he sounded.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
A coward, a fool, a paid shill, and the funny thing is that I get the feeling he knows he's the clown in the Fox Footy set up, so he is obliged to come out with these half-baked brash statements, knowing full well that they'll all come back to make him look like a moron - and he does it anyway because he has such little self respect. Anyone getting into fights like the one with the kebab seller or the story that Luca told, drunk or not, obviously has little self worth.

Always hated the Kangaroos as a team. King Archer Carey Roberts Pagan just a bunch of miserable meathead bullies and the night I was at the stadium to see St Kilda knock them out of the 97 finals was one of my favourite Saints moments.

It is laughable that Fox Footy lets David King do his little Lab sessions during games, when they play that CSI/action background music as if there's some kind of Sherlock-style analytical genius explaining intricate insights, and you have mental potato David King saying stuff like "this player got too far off his man" etc like anyone with open eyes could see. Coming next: Mark Robinson's here to explain the Fibonacci Sequence, then Brian Taylor will give us his insights into the birth of the universe.

Back