David King, Head Scientist

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it funny that some people are hanging it on Kingy for basing his opinion on data, rather than having an opinion and then finding data to back it up. Reforming hypotheses (read: backed up opinions) from real data is what scientists do, as much as you blokes pick on him for being a scientist haha.

I quite enjoy the analysis he brings, even if it sometimes doesn't bare out as being a prediction factor in future games.

I find it funny that some people are hanging it on Kingy for basing his opinion on data, rather than having an opinion and then finding data to back it up. Reforming hypotheses (read: backed up opinions) from real data is what scientists do, as much as you blokes pick on him for being a scientist haha.

I quite enjoy the analysis he brings, even if it sometimes doesn't bare out as being a prediction factor in future games.
but for someone so into data he makes definitive statements that make no sense data wise, like st kilda will win zero games

the more you understand data the less definitive your opinions tend to be

So at the end of Saturday's Grand Final, either the team predicted to be further away from a flag than one of the worst wooden spoon teams in history, will be premiers, or a bloke that was completely written off will be a premiership player again.

"Should never play again LeCras, I’m done with LeCras."

“Adam Simpson has to start to lose faith with these players because they are not taking him anywhere."

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...d/news-story/771d7ccd3780767d303fd49079fe3a2b

What a complete dickhead.

So at the end of Saturday's Grand Final, either the team predicted to be further away from a flag than one of the worst wooden spoon teams in history, will be premiers, or a bloke that was completely written off will be a premiership player again.

"Should never play again LeCras, I’m done with LeCras."

“Adam Simpson has to start to lose faith with these players because they are not taking him anywhere."

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...d/news-story/771d7ccd3780767d303fd49079fe3a2b

What a complete dickhead.

Don’t forget last year when he said Collingwood need to manage the exit of Nathan Buckley. Seriously if you continually make comments like this and just get totally proven wrong you should lose your job. Simple.

Don’t forget last year when he said Collingwood need to manage the exit of Nathan Buckley. Seriously if you continually make comments like this and just get totally proven wrong you should lose your job. Simple.
I wish this were the case but it seems the that this sort of stuff enhances reputations. Only have to look at Caro and Hutchi and the mistakes they made and where they now sit in the industry.

Love it.

Have an opinion which at least has some merit to being presented - it doesn't come to fruition and you should be sacked.
Have no opinion, and nobody understands why you are lucky enough being the media when you are so "vanilla"

Love it.

Have an opinion which at least has some merit to being presented - it doesn't come to fruition and you should be sacked.
Have no opinion, and nobody understands why you are lucky enough being the media when you are so "vanilla"

Having an opinion and making consistent ridiculous statements are two completely different things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

metres gained
Definitely a clanger
Lost at the stoppages
And poor in the 0.1 percenters

On a more serious note - 0.10 isn't just mistaking a schooner for a pot in alcohol strength. End of season drinks and in this day and age you don't plan around it and choose to drive home.

So dumb