David King.......no more!

Remove this Banner Ad

The 2011 finals series exposed him for the twat he is yet fox promote him still as this oracle on all things tactical. Yeah he really showed that when assistant at Richmond. An absolute chancer.

Seems like a few of the boys on the panel dont really care for Kingys "predictions" segment. Sellars just gives a stupid obvious answer and kingy just goes on with it, with Sellars continuing with "you have no idea" haha. I thought it was funny.

First it was 'The War Room'. Now they call it 'The Lab'. Hopefully next year they just call it what it really is - 'The utensil Pit'.
i love it.
He has spent his year finding passages of play where teams can beat Hawthorn. He has found two. From two games the Hawks barely turned up in.
Well done Kingy.

One of my favourites still has to be right at the start of the year when Kingy said that Carlton's midfield was much stronger than the Eagles and that it 'could get ugly here' for the Eagles. We won by 69 points.

Although the Saints won't win a game this season call is possibly one of the best.

His faaaaaaaaaaaaarking percentages bullshit is way out of control 'and that alarms me'. He's so full of s**t trying to say team x love to play this way and team x always do left hand handballs only to right footers etc. 'just watch here how they set up around this stoppage'........it's one stoppage you imbecile. He promotes one piece of play like it happened all day and was totally orchestrated, when clearly it was just a one off stoppage.

But it's his percentages that irritate the absolute * out of me! 'They hit the wingmen 72% of the time while their jumper was hanging out, where as the opposition only hit 41% of their wingmen who had their jumper non tucked in'. 'And to me that's alarming and hard to stop'!

Hey David, you s**t me 100% of the time with your empty percentage snot. Enough and change the record.

King last week had grave concerns for Hawthorns season. Now he is jerking off all over the shop because they beat a lowly Crows. Week to week jumps ship so he sounds educated. A bloke you could take to with a 9 iron and have a glowing smile on your face:)

Kingy, the percentage of you shitting me is very high.

His faaaaaaaaaaaaarking percentages bullshit is way out of control 'and that alarms me'. He's so full of s**t trying to say team x love to play this way and team x always do left hand handballs only to right footers etc. 'just watch here how they set up around this stoppage'........it's one stoppage you imbecile. He promotes one piece of play like it happened all day and was totally orchestrated, when clearly it was just a one off stoppage.

But it's his percentages that irritate the absolute **** out of me! 'They hit the wingmen 72% of the time while their jumper was hanging out, where as the opposition only hit 41% of their wingmen who had their jumper non tucked in'. 'And to me that's alarming and hard to stop'!

Hey David, you s**t me 100% of the time with your empty percentage snot. Enough and change the record.
It's a shame since it would be nice if we could have more in depth statistic bases analysis over the normal "this team wanted it more than that team" - but they still go to the well on super small sample stuff and week to week overreactions with not much context. I mean, the likely thing is he's just parroting lines that he asked for off some champion data dude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King relies on obscure stats that he hopes nobody else will understand to bash out an opinion, rather than having an opinion and using meaningful stats to back it up.

Well he has nailed it.

Last night was ranting on about 74% of Hawthorns scoring comes from rebounding out of their back 50. Wow David just ****ing wow!

It's a shame since it would be nice if we could have more in depth statistic bases analysis over the normal "this team wanted it more than that team" - but they still go to the well on super small sample stuff and week to week overreactions with not much context. I mean, the likely thing is he's just parroting lines that he asked for off some champion data dude.

Definately agree... Champion data horde their stats for s**t like the "inquirer".. we need more of this stuff.

Definately agree... Champion data horde their stats for s**t like the "inquirer".. we need more of this stuff.
It's def one of the biggest problems in eventually being able to bring the quality of fan footy discussion up a level, most of the publicly available stats are so flimsy and without context they don't really give us any more info than what our eyes can, and for the most part peoples eye tests are very biased and see what they want.

I follow the NBA probably more so than the AFL these because of the amount of advanced information thats available through public means and through really great non nba/espn type independant sites that have people a lot smarter than myself able to sift through the informaiton.

It's def one of the biggest problems in eventually being able to bring the quality of fan footy discussion up a level, most of the publicly available stats are so flimsy and without context they don't really give us any more info than what our eyes can, and for the most part peoples eye tests are very biased and see what they want.

I follow the NBA probably more so than the AFL these because of the amount of advanced information thats available through public means and through really great non nba/espn type independant sites that have people a lot smarter than myself able to sift through the informaiton.

I've become a fairly regular bettor on MLB and NBA based on the amount of data available.

consider that for a single KICK, it can be an effective kick, assist, score involvement, rebound 50, rebound 50 score involvement, kick to advantage, kick from hard ball get, kick from contested possession, metres gained.

how is it possible for someone to identify all of most of that from one kick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back