GWS Giants.
Gain: Hurley/Bellchambers. Lose : Pick 1 & 19

St Kilda.
Gain : Pick 19. Lose : Dal Santo

Carlton.
Gain: Pick 1. Lose: Yarran/Gibbs

Essendon.
Gain: Yarran/Gibbs/Dal Santo. Lose: Hurley/Bellchambers

I would really consider this. In the next couple of years we will lose a couple of Hooker/Hurley/Crameri/Gumby etc. This is the best chance of getting some value for our talls.

Would you take this deal?

GWS Giants.
Gain: Hurley/Bellchambers. Lose : Pick 1 & 19

St Kilda.
Gain : Pick 19. Lose : Dal Santo

Carlton.
Gain: Pick 1. Lose: Yarran/Gibbs

Essendon.
Gain: Yarran/Gibbs/Dal Santo. Lose: Hurley/Bellchambers

I would really consider this. In the next couple of years we will lose a couple of Hooker/Hurley/Crameri/Gumby etc. This is the best chance of getting some value for our talls.

I'd probably just keep 1 and 19 TBH. Would ease any salary cap issues over the next three years, allowing another free agent and possibly net us a superstar forward.

I understand it's only a hypothetical, but Hurley has a 5 year deal. So it's not really even worth bothering about.

But for the sake of it...I think we'd be the winners out of that trade in a football sense. But I love Hurls so I wouldn't want it to happen

hirdbottle_zpse1357e26.gif

Just a bloody nonsense suggestion.

We lose what is probably a once in a generation defender, and generally gun KPP, as well as a number 1 ruck for a goal sneak and a one paced midfielder we don't need (that Carlton really do).

Why would Carlton bite into the stocks of its quality players when it could just offer Gumby a contract?

The only Essendon tall that will be elsewhere next year will be Gumbleton.

Hille will retire at the end of the year and if Paddy goes down through injury/suspension our ruck stocks are very limited. Bellchambers is an essential signing.

The coaching staff rate Hurley, forward or back, far too highly to get rid of him. The fact he has just signed a massive contract as well means he won't be going anywhere.

Just stupidity from David King.

In this sort of scenario it is too easy to get caught up in what we're getting rather than what we're letting go.

Wow, we get Yarran, Gibbs and one of Montagna/Dal Santo.... could certainly do worse
Wow, we can not trade in any players and just get picks 1 and 19 from GWS... hnnggg
Oh crap, we really have to give up Bellchambers and Hurley to do this. DO NOT WANT!!!!!

The only Essendon tall that will be elsewhere next year will be Gumbleton.

Hille will retire at the end of the year and if Paddy goes down through injury/suspension our ruck stocks are very limited. Bellchambers is an essential signing.

The coaching staff rate Hurley, forward or back, far too highly to get rid of him. The fact he has just signed a massive contract as well means he won't be going anywhere.

Just stupidity from David King.

Pears and Belchambers most likely IMO. In that order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As soon as I read David King, I entered the thread to say 'As soon as I read David King, I entered the thread to say "As soon as I read David King I entered the thread to say" '

Im sure gws would much rather Mark Maclures potential trade; Sandilands and Duffield for Pick 1 or Dane Swan for Pick 1. The guys an absolute clown

He also compared Jobe and other Essendon players with Lance Armstrong because they were all "good blokes"

why is anyone considering this?

King is there to create conversation by suggesting stupid deals. No one's going to pay him any attention if he says 'essendon's list is in a really good place, they should just stay the course'

Absolutely stupid trades, both of them

Monumentally stupid trade.
We give away our second best key position player and our second ruckman, both of which are YOUNG for:

1. A non-team player who sooks it up
  2. A squib
  3. A midfielder who's close to the wrong side of his peak
F*** no.

Back