David Koch as Chairman of PAFC - time to move on?

Get rid of David Koch as PAFC Chairman/

• Yes

Votes: 63 86.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 13.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostyyy

Draftee
Jun 15, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I know there's a big focus on Hinkley, but David Koch's position at PAFC should also come under heavy scrutiny.

I feel as long as David Koch is running PAFC, Hinkley will be immune to contract termination.

Does anyone think its time for Kochy to move on and get back to focusing on his little role on Sunrise?

I know there's a big focus on Hinkley, but David Koch's position at PAFC should also come under heavy scrutiny.

I feel as long as David Koch is running PAFC, Hinkley will be immune to contract termination.

Does anyone think its time for Kochy to move on and get back to focusing on his little role on Sunrise?
I know you are new here, but you need to use the search function and check before you start a new thread. We have been talking about this since mid 2015 in the following thread.

Welcome aboard by the way.

Criticisms of Koch are just like criticisms of Hinkley. Basically Port fans acting like emotionally abusive wives who pick out parts of things they say, read something into it that isn’t there, and repeat it for years and years and years.

Hey remember that time Koch said working class club? We literally need to fire him for that.

Criticisms of Koch are just like criticisms of Hinkley. Basically Port fans acting like emotionally abusive wives who pick out parts of things they say, read something into it that isn’t there, and repeat it for years and years and years.

Hey remember that time Koch said working class club? We literally need to fire him for that.

Hi David

But yeah, his only screw up has totally been saying something about being a working class club.

I don't know what happened to him after the EF loss to West Coast. He addressed the supporters like an angry Bigfooty Port supporter and I loved it, and then he did a complete 180 and extended Ken to that albatross contract.

No. More than anything we need profile and a reputation of financial nous. He brings both.

He has the cash cow and writes the occasional article for boomers about their super. Financial nous m8.

No. More than anything we need profile and a reputation of financial nous. He brings both.
It's not like there are any accountants on the board. :rolleyes:

Koch is a limelight seeker who sees the little struggling club from Alberton as just another vehicle to bring him exposure on the national stage. He promotes mediocrity.

I don't know what happened to him after the EF loss to West Coast. He addressed the supporters like an angry Bigfooty Port supporter and I loved it, and then he did a complete 180 and extended Ken to that albatross contract.
That's an easy one. Ken and the Hinkley's had a hissy fit, then David and his Board blinked.

Criticisms of Koch are just like criticisms of Hinkley. Basically Port fans acting like emotionally abusive wives who pick out parts of things they say, read something into it that isn’t there, and repeat it for years and years and years. ....
You're correct, if you completely ignore all the things he has done wrong everything he has done has been right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he truly was a disastrous chairman then that comment wouldn’t be in the top 3 things people hang crap on him years later for.
What are you talking about? He hasn't made that type of comment just once.

And another recent joinee/shill.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

More than anything this club needs accountability, and that starts from the top down. We're a flaky, unaccountable football club where people are allowed to goof off and put in poor shifts from the board to the rookie list. It's time we started turning the screws and clawing back the ruthlessness that made this club the greatest football club in the country.

Sorry to hear your marriage isn't working out.

Absolute he must go. The decision to extend Hinkleys contact (when he already had a year to run !) was completely in necessary and to top it of the money he is getting is frightening. Far more than a coach of his ability should be getting.

It has put us in a horrific position when paying him out would be an absolute financial disaster that we can not afford and keeping him heat will do even more damage.

Gross negligence that cannot be ignored. If Kochy was half the financial expert he thinks he is he’d never of handed Hinkley an Extension without it being conditional on finals wins in the last year of his (then) current contact which expired last year.

Thinking about it ... under his leadership ...

- his descriptions of the club makes me feel that I am supporting an irrelevant social club
- his comment about "coming together as one" prior to the Walsh (RIP) showdown that permeated through to Boak repeating it in interviews that week
- his affectionate cuddling of Chapman whilst witnessing another soft-belly Port falling short of a comeback home loss
- we're not financially better, apparently
- does not appear to grasp the concept of football with his reeling of "Ken said that we should not have lost that game because we won all the stats"
- his sole blaming of the players
- his approval to give the coach an unwarranted contract extension
- several repetitive mediocre years
- his flippant addressing of the co-captaincy decision at the agm
- breaking tradition for no reasonable cause
- he did not lift a whimper to even fight the complete loss of our sanfl structures
- the inclusion of ' ... and make our community proud'

I'm sure there are more. Some more important than others.

I sometimes wonder if the club has people sign up to Bigfooty to try to produce counter arguments against the negativity. They are pretty bad at it if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back