David Koch as Chairman of PAFC - time to move on?

Get rid of David Koch as PAFC Chairman/

• Yes

Votes: 63 86.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 13.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The one big plus ( for me ) of the kochmeister having a crack at Voss over his interview for the blue bagger's job is it should take him out of the equation to be kern's replacement, and I believe that is a good thing.

Now for the icing on the cake, which would be Bass attending an interview with the tingles. :rolleyes:

PowerLil

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2012
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well listened to it before noticing the social media frenzy and didn’t even give it another thought. I saw it as a light hearted joke
As for your other point....Do you remember how he got ridiculed way back when he celebrated our coaches leaving and described us a feeder club for good coaches..
Everything is blown up to ridiculous proportions.
I can’t stand him any more but everyone blows things out of proportion.
Whether people overreact or not, is irrelevant. It was a dumb thing to say and as a spokesperson of the club, he shouldn't have said it. Simples. Not.as bad as Ken is coaching at the top of his game though.

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The one big plus ( for me ) of the kochmeister having a crack at Voss over his interview for the blue bagger's job is it should take him out of the equation to be kern's replacement, and I believe that is a good thing.

Now for the icing on the cake, which would be Bass attending an interview with the tingles. :rolleyes:

Let's assume Voss goes and something happens whereby Hinkley goes, I think KT would favour Bassett (if Bassett wants the job). It wouldn't surprise me if the club favour Bassett over Schofield and Monty.

Yessssss the cracks are appearing.

We're approaching full rabble status.

Someone will have to go
Kochie and Ken are going to try and out-do each other for a while and we'll be the ones that have to suffer for it.

ButteredBun

Team Captain
Jul 3, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
David-Kosh.jpg

I'm a F Whit. What are you going to do about it. I lurve the Adelaide ports. Do you need financial advice? AFL I follow the Rabbitohs and Crows. Hey Mel you've lost weight.
images (7).jpeg

DSL64

All Australian
Sep 29, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Remember when Koch said its a compliment when clubs want to come and poach our staff? Then we lose
* Richardson
* Walsh
it disrupts our preparations and have to scramble for replacements.

Then a couple years later
* Burgess
But we say he got an offer too good to refuse

Now its do your job until the season ends. First 2 were poached at end of the season. Burgo mid season.

Yeah, and I remember the club whining because they got poached so late, all the good assistant coaches were signed with other teams and there was no-one good left to replace them...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Here is a sobering thought...

If Koch and Hinkley hang around for another two to three years they will probably be nominated for Life Membership. Having these two as Life Members would surely show how far the PAFC has fallen. Just imagine in ten years time an Honour Board populated with names like Koch, Vanstone, Cardone, Ransom, Hinkley etc.

Jojay

PISS BLASTERS "RS"
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Koch peaked as chairman in 2014... and has been dining out on that ever since (along with the rest of em)...

Remember that shakes-head-moment with the bloke from INXS at the start of 2015?

A complete clean out required.

Koch peaked as chairman in 2014... and has been dining out on that ever since (along with the rest of em)...

Remember that shakes-head-moment with the bloke from INXS at the start of 2015?

A complete clean out required.
It could be said that Chairman Moi peaked at around the time you indicated and has piqued ever since.

It's good governance for the Chairperson to stay during a transition in senior management. He's not going anywhere until the new CEO is in place and established. At least 2 more years, I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back