Autopsy David Koch & The Vanillarisation of Port Adelaide

theDuckFarmer

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots, Mitchelton-Scott
I don't understand how we got it so right in 2013 and 2014 with marketing, our history and our traditions and now we're at this point only a few years later. Stunning and abhorrent decline.

Whoever was getting it right has either had a lobotomy or an absolute moron has taken over.

I ******* hate what we are.
The people running the joint got a million miles ahead of themselves and their ability. They were convinced everything they touched or came up with would turn to gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TeeKray

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Moderator #1,952
I don't understand how we got it so right in 2013 and 2014 with marketing, our history and our traditions and now we're at this point only a few years later. Stunning and abhorrent decline.

Whoever was getting it right has either had a lobotomy or an absolute moron has taken over.

I ******* hate what we are.
Beginner's gains. We were so hopeless at every aspect of being a football club from the premiership through to KKK that just getting the basics right was a major step in the right direction. Supporter expectations since then have risen but the club has not been able to meet them.

tribey

5 Wins In-A-Row Certificate Recipients '13/'14/'18
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
NUFC, YES.
Thread starter #1,953
Beginner's gains. We were so hopeless at every aspect of being a football club from the premiership through to KKK that just getting the basics right was a major step in the right direction. Supporter expectations since then have risen but the club has not been able to meet them.
The pivot from Beware The Sleeping Giant to Little Club That Has Always Punched Above Its Weight in order to completely hose down expectations amidst the post-2014 tsunami of failure should win a Nobel Prize in the field of Gaslighting.

Rexie J

Club Legend
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Last edited:

Malibu#27

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies, Redbacks
Interesting you mention the 'Sydney wihizz' as I made the same query earlier, especially as the person was lauded on this board as being a coup.

Anyway, check the people who are reponsible for the every day management and decision making. Note the Human Resources Manager is also Exeutive Assistant to COO? I assume that's CEO.

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/club/administration/staff

No it would be COO (Chief Operating Officer)
Line 2 has the Executive Assistant to the CEO

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Speaking of which, Jarrod Walsh’s perpetual cacophony of gimmicky **** at the breaks while we were getting reamed in yet another Showdown on Saturday night was extra dislocating.

“ALRIGHT POWER FANS IT’S TIME TO SEND A HETERONORMATIVE COUPLE ON A DATE IN A CORPORATE BOX SPONSORED BY WHOEVER THE FUG LOL”

It’s becoming increasingly harder to see what the point of us is.
I don't know how they choose participants for this ignominious crap but we need two saboteurs to bravely 'participate' and then when given the opportunity to speak, they take the microphone away from that dickhead and shout "ENOUGH OF THIS CRINGEWORTHY ****! PS **** YOU KEN! OH & PS HOW THE **** WAS THAT GOAL OVERTURNED? **** YOU AFL!" & so on...

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Glaze over the showdown shitshow, HEY WE PLAY GC THIS WEEK!

DISCO COMPETITION!!!!

View attachment 674230
And what would you expect them to say? "We lost the showdown so don't feel like you have to rock up to games anymore" ?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andre

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
And what would you expect them to say? "We lost the showdown so don't feel like you have to rock up to games anymore" ?

It's a **** show result, you can't gloss over that, so given they won't go "Come along and watch Big Billy give our forward line structure, as our coach gets overruled at selection", just stay away from mentioning it at all.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Indeed, There are lots of things to be shitty about but the club trying(needing?) to entice fans and families to a dud timeslot against an uninspiring opponent - particularly coming off two **** losses - shouldn't be one of them

Doctor Feel

Shitposter In Chief
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Indeed, There are lots of things to be shitty about but the club trying(needing?) to entice fans and families to a dud timeslot against an uninspiring opponent - particularly coming off two **** losses - shouldn't be one of them
Yeah sure, if i hadn't received one of these emails for each of the last home games even though I haven't missed one.

StrappingTape

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That Perfect Pear thing is ******* shithouse and i wish we would do away with all this kind of wanky ****
Nah it's been the only interesting thing at the footy this year and that's only because everyone's hoping for awkward no match.

If we want to whinge about match day ****, there's just so much else starting with our team..

StrappingTape

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah sure, if i hadn't received one of these emails for each of the last home games even though I haven't missed one.
I think they are thinking it's about fan engagement like they've personally acknowledging you as part of the club going along and supporting because they've run a script to spam anyone who'se ticket no came up in attendance list. OMG Beryl, KT told them to email us directly because they must have somehow found out we went and cheered on the boys even though we lost.

Spadge

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
OMG Beryl, KT told them to email us directly because they must have somehow found out we went and cheered on the boys even though we lost.
I just had a picture of the nuffs that stand next to the players race after the game cheering and clapping the boys coming off the ground after an insipid loss

simba_

ask me how to use this space for advertising
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, mew2king, Utah Jazz
That Perfect Pear thing is ******* shithouse and i wish we would do away with all this kind of wanky ****
the fact that our club heard all the "why didn't you use the pear idea any more than a tiny pear on a training jersey?" and morph it into this crap speaks volumes for this regime

Pear1870

Section 301
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The people running the joint got a million miles ahead of themselves and their ability. They were convinced everything they touched or came up with would turn to gold.

Sent from my ie sin
Anyone single should be entering the perfect pear competition just to get the opportunity to do this

View attachment 674282

This is awesome. You are brilliant.
Printing and framing this to hand in the pool room.
The idea is also brilliant ..... And worthy of play of the day 😉

Top Bottom