Autopsy David Koch & The Vanillarisation of Port Adelaide

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Papa G

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lets celebrate our first Subday Game. Yeah!!

Look understand the club from a long way out would have seen this as a potential shocker from a crowd point of view.

But now we have the perfect storm. **** timeslot, coming off an insipid Showdown loss, heavy rain forecast, huge fan disenchantment, the real prospect of losing to the ******* Suns..... it all spells complete disaster to them. Reckon the trepidation around Alberton will be palpable this week and watch, we'll come out and play like scared little bitches. This is odds on to be the worst crowd at AO since the development.

bomberclifford

Importer/Exporter
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies

Look understand the club from a long way out would have seen this as a potential shocker from a crowd point of view.

But now we have the perfect storm. **** timeslot, coming off an insipid Showdown loss, heavy rain forecast, huge fan disenchantment, the real prospect of losing to the ******* Suns..... it all spells complete disaster to them. Reckon the trepidation around Alberton will be palpable this week and watch, we'll come out and play like scared little bitches. This is odds on to be the worst crowd at AO since the development.
I was going to go and stand on the hill but the weather forecast looks horrible.

manureid

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United,Raiders

Sub 30k I reckon. Easily.

Andre

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Christ, just go with 'We know almost everyone hates the Sunday games, so the boys will be extra appreciative of your support this weekend'. Instead of trying to sell a kick in the balls as foreplay.

Chrizzt

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
WE ARE THE ADELAIDE STRIKERS

Zero ******* faith in all levels of the club.

View attachment 674784
How does anybody have a problem with this? AFAIK our core demographic are still young males and females - typically those with young families. Yeah it's a **** game, **** timeslot blah blah, but why have a problem with the events team trying to do all they can to increase fan engagement.

Shitting on this type of initiative is the same as shitting on the China strategy because it detracts from us winning games.

Andre

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Potential is there to bother going now Frampton likely in extended squad. Final decision rests on him and Marshall both playing. I've passed the tipping point of going out of loyalty, to endure the visual equivalent of listening to a shitty song on repeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
Might be sub 20k
Port sub 30k crowds at AO

1558062883680.png

Bulldogs game last year was a freezing cold Thursday night during school term
GWS game a gale was supposed to blow in and we weren't great. Weather was poor but not as bad as forecast.
Melbourne game was in 2011 end of season before the redevelopment, and was a full house.

Unless it is absolutely pouring down all morning before the game I don't think it will be sub 20k, but good chance to be sub 30k.

Crows 2 x sub 40k crowds and their lowest 40k crowd was against the GC on Sunday twilight
Bulldogs game was bad weather gale blew and maybe some SMA finessing. Can't remember the North game

1558062645444.png

Last edited:

jo172

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks
I was at that North Melbourne game with the lowest AFC crowd.

About as cold as I've ever been at the footy along (West Lakes included) with being a ******* ugly game and a Thursday night in the middle of the year to boot.

Deeply unpleasant experience.

GremioPower

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"
Uruguayana, RS (BRA) [last: Rockville, MD (USA)]
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Cleveland Indian
Port sub 30k crowds at AO

View attachment 675424

Bulldogs game last year was a freezing cold Thursday night during school term
GWS game a gale was supposed to blow in and we weren't great. Weather was poor but not as bad as forecast.
Melbourne game was in 2011 end of season before the redevelopment, and was a full house.

Unless it is absolutely pouring down all morning before the game I don't think it will be sub 20k, but good chance to be sub 30k.

Crows 2 x sub 40k crowds and their lowest 40k crowd was against the GC on Sunday twilight
Bulldogs game was bad weather gale blew and maybe some SMA finessing. Can't remember the North game

View attachment 675422
Grêmio's average in 2019 is 21,848 from 14 home games (capacity is >50k):
2 state league derbies
2 national league
3 Libertadores
7 non-derby state league

Port's attendence looks good for me.
---
source: http://app.globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/publico-no-brasil/index.html

Last edited:

MrPlow

Team Captain
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Kochie on Sunrise this morning speaking to Josh Frydenberg took a stab at Carlton (Josh’s team)

Josh asked how Port Adelaide was going

Kochie: well you know, we’re just a small working class club

GremioPower

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Kochie on Sunrise this morning speaking to Josh Frydenberg took a stab at Carlton (Josh’s team)

70sDinosaur

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

This might have been acceptable if Koch had followed up with a request for some money.

GremioPower

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Frydenberg is the Federal Treasurer. He can hand out money but I don't think he can do much about drafting or scheduling.
I was adding things to the list.

Kochie: "well you know, we’re just a small working class club. We don't get much help: no priority picks; not many Friday Night games. Could you give us some money? It would even the playing field a bit..."

NoddyHolder

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I was adding things to the list.

Kochie: "well you know, we’re just a small working class club. We don't get much help: no priority picks; not many Friday Night games. Could you give us some money? It would even the playing field a bit..."
describing your club as working class is the worst thing you can do if you want a handout from a conservative government. Wealth is an indicator of virtue and should be rewarded with more wealth. Lack of wealth is an indicator that you are bad and deserve nothing

Top Bottom