Certified Legendary Thread David Mackay PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

this is the anti-chooklotto tribunal thread, designed to demonstrate how corrupt the tribunal is

the anti-David Mackay thread is here:

please post accordingly

Last edited:
Based on the Lachie Plowman decision from round 10 I reckon Mackay will get a few weeks. If he isnt suspended (and I'm not saying he should), it would be hopelessly inconsistent from the AFL.

The coroner did just that, after the inquest into Danny Frawley's death:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-23/victoria-coroner-recommendations-danny-frawley-afl/13182748

It's still up to the players, and their families, to decide whether or not they wish to do so.

Polly Farmer is another ex-VFL footballer who had CTE:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02...aham-polly-farmer-diagnosed-with-cte/12005508

That's 3 that we know of so far.
And they played in very different times

Based on the Lachie Plowman decision from round 10 I reckon Mackay will get a few weeks. If he isnt suspended (and I'm not saying he should), it would be hopelessly inconsistent from the AFL.
Except plowman wasn’t going for the mark. He just cannoned into him.
Dmack was going for the ball.

I can't see any outcome of Mackay gets suspended where things are going to change on the field. Players will still show the same intensity at the ball, less we are actively going to introduce a squib rule.

Can you imagine...dying seconds of a close GF and a player contests a loose ball ike Mackay did that ultimately leads to the winning goal? Only to then front the tribunal later that week and be suspended.

Does the winning team then get an * on their premiership?
If it's a Grand Final you go all in, because if you get suspended it's next season you only care about winning on that day no matter the consequence.

It's all the other games before the GF players will be pulling out of contests.

Except plowman wasn’t going for the mark. He just cannoned into him.
Dmack was going for the ball.
ill respectfully disagree - plowman challenged for a ball in dispute. Anyway, good luck to Mackay. Its unfortunate what happened to Clark but Aussie Rules is a game of physical contests.

ill respectfully disagree - plowman challenged for a ball in dispute. Anyway, good luck to Mackay. Its unfortunate what happened to Clark but Aussie Rules is a game of physical contests.
I’d agree they’d be the same if Mackay wasn’t trying to pick up the ball.
(I don’t necessarily agree plowman should have been suspended)
If plowman had tried to mark or spoil he might have been alright but he didn’t do either.

I'm not so sure supporters league wide actually understand what is going on here. Plenty just look at the still of Mackay after the impact feet in the air as say look he jump should get weeks.
I will be really pissed off if Mckay gets suspended For going for the ball.
After all this Australian Football whether you support the Crows,North,Gold Coast or Sydney we support our teams and players and sometimes things like this happens as players don’t go out of there way to snipe oppersition players anymore it’s not 60s,70s, or 80s SANFL,VFL or WAFL football anymore.

Seems to be referred to in this article:

In Plowman's appeal hearing, appeal board chair Murray Kellam said "The fact that contact happens in the course of a contested mark doesn't mean it is permitted."

The end of that article sums it up quite well:
The Crows player is a fair chance of being cleared on Thursday night, but if he is, it may well force the league's hand.
If the scales of football are to shift, however, then the onus will be on all in the game to act.
The AFL will need to make clear exactly what it is that they want to eliminate, and take identifiable action.
The coaches will have to alter their advice to players and potentially take a more understanding view of players who use more caution.
And players — both current and former — may have to accept a new norm where duty of care to opponents has as much weight as the traditional imperative to be ferocious at the footy.

How do you feel about the supporters that ignore the obvious health risks the players are being asked to take to maintain the "spectacle"?

Labelling all change under "bloody do-gooders" is lazy.
They players don’t have to play.
No one is forcing them to.
It’s a health risk to step outside their front door each day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a person who's played soccer (as a defender) for 20 years, i find this whole scenario absurd.

I've been involved in challenges where I've had accidental head clashes and there's been concussion, I've broken an opposition players leg going in for a perfectly legal challenge (and this was backed up by the fact no one from the opposition complained and the ref didn't blow the whistle) and i tackled someone so hard one day that i made them flip onto their head and they went off in a neck brace. All ball, play on.

I have always been brought up to go in as hard as i can, and with as much speed as is warranted, because it not only serves to put fear into opposition players, but it also protects you from having doubt about going in for the challenge itself, and potentially coming off second best.

And mark my words, I've come off second best PLENTY of times, and most were from legal challenges. Split head, snapped ankle etc etc.

Contact sport comes with its own risks. If we're trying to truly take contact out of the sport then it will turn into Gaelic football with an oval ball. People pay to see players going full tilt. Are we saying that we don't want to see Nick Reiwoldt type marks going back with the flight, and that he should have been suspended if, in the middle of the air, his foot/flailing body was to have knocked someone out?

Do we want to look back on that mark and say it could have been 'careless' instead of brave?

The players aren’t even on your side.
Really? The current players? The ones that feel invincible and unbreakable because they are, well KIDS!!!

How any ex-players have you spoken to about CTE risks? They seem fine with it? Not concerned? Do they all talk about how they have no fear of ongoing health problems resulting from head injury and just wish the do-gooders would leave the game alone? Did you perhaps check in with Shane Tuck's former team-mates / family? How about people close to Danny Frawley? They are on your side?

If you are using 20 year olds on AFL lists as your touchstone, maybe look a bit deeper to find someone to hang your hat on.

Really? The current players? The ones that feel invincible and unbreakable because they are, well KIDS!!!

How any ex-players have you spoken to about CTE risks? They seem fine with it? Not concerned? Do they all talk about how they have no fear of ongoing health problems resulting from head injury and just wish the do-gooders would leave the game alone? Did you perhaps check in with Shane Tuck's former team-mates / family? How about people close to Danny Frawley? They are on your side?

If you are using 20 year olds on AFL lists as your touchstone, maybe look a bit deeper to find someone to hang your hat on.
So Rory Sloane is a kid? Adam Treloar is a kid? Jack Riewoldt? Give me a spell.
David king is about the only ex player I’ve heard who thinks this is a suspension.
Shane tuck was a boxer how do we know CTE wasn’t from that?
It’s like you think the game is the same from 20-30 years ago.
We’ve outlawed almost all the thug/dangerous acts and now you want to wind up the genuine 50/50 contests? Jeepers

There’s thuggery and then there’s footy accidents. If we are contemplating on punishing accidents, then what’s the point of “going hard at the contest” knowing that there’s always a chance of a 3 week suspension if your arm/leg/body can cause an accidental head knock in every contest you do?

Back