Certified Legendary Thread David Mackay PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

this is the anti-chooklotto tribunal thread, designed to demonstrate how corrupt the tribunal is

the anti-David Mackay thread is here:

please post accordingly

Last edited:
But it’s not that cut an dried, a player could get bumped over and knocked out in a marking contest without the player driving his knees into him.
To just say minimize head and neck impacts is very simplistic.
You can’t say some accidents are ok and some aren’t, that’s just making the game far more complicated than it is now.
If you don’t want to watch players risk CTE then you need to find something else to watch because IMO while there is contact there’s always the chance that it will occur.
But maybe that will happen (watching a different game) because if they go down this path it will be unrecognizable.
Yes rules have changed before but as soon as genuine contests and accidents are penalized then the game is gone.
Yep - impossible to stop all impacts. But why would you want to it to be ok for a knee to be driven into the head?

We have changed many parts of AFL that many would have said were "fabric of the game" ... sit down with an 80 year old and ask 'em if they recognise the game today compared to what they grew up with.

The game will change, it's a sure thing.

Yep - impossible to stop all impacts. But why would you want to it to be ok for a knee to be driven into the head?

We have changed many parts of AFL that many would have said were "fabric of the game" ... sit down with an 80 year old and ask 'em if they recognise the game today compared to what they grew up with.

The game will change, it's a sure thing.
But how else do you take a high mark?
You can’t always rely on where you will end up as the player in front moves, a player behind you may push you?
When was the last player knocked out from a knee to the head in a marking contest?
From what I can see most players are knocked out by hitting their head on the ground.

The groupthink in the footy media surrounding Selwood is really something to behold. Selwood’s not an orphan though, there’s a list of things/people the footy media won’t touch, but Joel is right up there.

He’s going to be remembered as an on-field c**t by everybody except his most ardent supporters, which is a shame for him, as it’s undeniable that he‘s a very good player.

The other protected media species is the extraordinarily stupid umpiring department which has been happy to see all those free kicks paid to him for 15 years running. It has got to be the longest running loophole in professional sport, ever.

For a sport that changes its rules and interpretations more often than Madonna changes her face, they have a pretty big blindside to this particular ”rule.”
Its like their very own version of the grievance heirachy tree..joel sits quite high up so gets away with all sorts of stuff they wont forgive others for..especially not players from our club

But how else do you take a high mark?
You can’t always rely on where you will end up as the player in front moves, a player behind you may push you?
When was the last player knocked out from a knee to the head in a marking contest?
From what I can see most players are knocked out by hitting their head on the ground.
Not saying it's easy mate ... just think we should try and minimise it.

It's the same thing as Mackay - they will change the rules to take into account the impact.

Same with a knee in the back of the head - there are times when the marker makes the guy in the hole "pay", that's where it will start.

Hitting your head on the ground cannot be stopped - so they won't try.

Can you admit that there are parts of the game that could be changed to make it safer without destroying it?

Not saying it's easy mate ... just think we should try and minimise it.

It's the same thing as Mackay - they will change the rules to take into account the impact.

Same with a knee in the back of the head - there are times when the marker makes the guy in the hole "pay", that's where it will start.

Hitting your head on the ground cannot be stopped - so they won't try.

Can you admit that there are parts of the game that could be changed to make it safer without destroying it?
Yeah and they’ve done that by taking out shirtfronts and making you liable for bumps, what’s left is genuine contests, messing with that is completely messing with the fabric of the game.
The Dmac one IMO should never ever be illegal.
He was contesting the ball with arms down to get the ball.
Why would we want to discourage someone from that situation?

The hypocrisy of the AFL and their arguments used to try and suspend Dmac are nothing short of temporary psychosis.

apply Gleeson arguments to the following vidand see if they fit:
“considered he could have injured a player entering that contest”
“Whether it was reasonable to run 20m at high speed towards a vulnerable player”
“The potential for injury was frightening”
View attachment IMG_5705.MOV

Is there any real evidence that this is a serious risk?
That repeated brain trauma increases the risk of CTE? The NFL admitted the link in 2009.

Here's an interesting timeline from NFL.

Last edited:
That repeated brain trauma increases the risk of CTE? The NFL admitted the link in 2009.

Here's an interesting timeline from NFL.

No, that’s not what I said.

I’m all for moves making the game safer, and protecting the head more.

I asked if there is evidence for the claim that CTE is a serious risk?

A serious and real risk in our game. Seems to me there are plenty of other risks from head trauma than casually borrowing some obscure condition from another world

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, that’s not what I said.

I’m all for moves making the game safer, and protecting the head more.

I asked if there is evidence for the claim that CTE is a serious risk?

A serious and real risk in our game. Seems to me there are plenty of other risks from head trauma than casually borrowing some obscure condition from another world
Be specific then man!

Is there any real evidence that this is a serious risk to AFL players?

Well, yes.

Neuroscientist reveals alarming results from concussion study on retired VFL/AFL players

'https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...s/news-story/e51ffe9937bb1f48af648241d740d020'

A senior neuroscientist from Australia’s sports brain bank says more than 80 per cent of the 162 retired VFL/AFL players he has tested were suffering from a form of brain damage.

Last edited:
Be specific then man!

Well, yes.

Neuroscientist reveals alarming results from concussion study on retired VFL/AFL players

'https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...s/news-story/e51ffe9937bb1f48af648241d740d020'

A senior neuroscientist from Australia’s sports brain bank says more than 80 per cent of the 162 retired VFL/AFL players he has tested were suffering from a form of brain damage.
How many are former Power players?

Having just watched my kids bounce on a trampoline for an hour, what’s happening to the brain inside skull during that time?
When you bounce on a trampoline your whole body, brain included, moves in unison..

Concussion occurs when your body (head) and brain dont move in unison and your brain impacts the inside of your skull..

thats not to say you cant get concussion on a trampoline.. especially when you collide with one of your siblings and have a head clash whilst jumping around like an idiot!...

Be specific then man!

Well, yes.

Was that testing done before or after they played AFL?

When you bounce on a trampoline your whole body, brain included, moves in unison..

Concussion occurs when your body (head) and brain dont move in unison and your brain impacts the inside of your skull..

thats not to say you cant get concussion on a trampoline.. especially when you collide with one of your siblings and have a head clash whilst jumping around like an idiot!...
Not sure that’s fully correct.
What stops your brain continuing to rise when your skull starts returning to earth?
Obviously it’s suspended in fluid but you’d think with vigorous moment it could touch?

Be specific then man!

I literally couldn’t have been more specific

Well, yes.

I asked about CTE and I can’t read the article.

I do note it’s fairly obscure given the alleged impacts this guy claims

Not sure that’s fully correct.
What stops your brain continuing to rise when your skull starts returning to earth?
Obviously it’s suspended in fluid but you’d think with vigorous moment it could touch?
its not a sharp enough jolt though to make it a hard impact on the inside of the skull is it when this happens.. it needs to be.

Back