The David Mackay thread

Will David Mackay play on in 2021?

• WIPE THEM OUT, ALL OF THEM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What makes the decision to sign Mackay even more baffling is that over time it's become clear that we actually have significant list spot pressure, to the point where we may not be able to take pick 40 in the draft.

I could maybe understand it if it was pick 80 or Mackay, or a late rookie pick or Mackay.

But we're faced with not taking pick 1 in the rookie draft, not taking pick 40, not taking all our academy players

Weird stuff

What makes the decision to sign Mackay even more baffling is that over time it's become clear that we actually have significant list spot pressure, to the point where we may not be able to take pick 40 in the draft.

I could maybe understand it if it was pick 80 or Mackay, or a late rookie pick or Mackay.

But we're faced with not taking pick 1 in the rookie draft, not taking pick 40, not taking all our academy players

Weird stuff
You should have mentioned something sooner you can't just ignore his form for years and years, and then suddenly say he should be out.

Remember that time Mackay missed the entire pre-season with injury but then played round 1 when Seedsman went down?
Yep.. all the Mookay lovers on here told us for months and months that David would be “depth only and play most of the year in the SANFL”

although... they’ve said that every year for the last three and are still saying it now he’s re-signed for next year.

David is a cockroach... and his fans on here are deluded.

David is a cockroach... and his fans on here are deluded.

He will be the oldest Norm Smith medal winner ever when Rocco Riccuitto lifts the Premiership cup after winning our third flag.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How bad is our list management. Re-signing is a superannuation decision. Even as a rookie he will cause us to miss on a more deserving player.

Congratulations to David Mackay for a well deserved lifetime achievement award in Mofra's Bottom 50

I figure to celebrate the return of such an outstanding football tradition that brings us all together at around the same time to discuss the team s**t that our selection committee has put forward for this weekend's schmozzle, we should have a thread dedicated to just totally venting about this one selection. That way, the other thread need only deal with venting about the short but lack of reboundedness defensive group and the overly tall and lack of pressuredness forward group. And that a 3'8" bloke with just average disposal and 15 games in the role is currently our blue chip midfielder with the next bloke having about the same experience but calling it "just average disposal" would be imply a Vader esque level of reticence to actually watch us play football.

Anyway, I'll start.

I cannot believe they selected this lifetime (2009 excepted) fringe plodder with no future in the game that provides absolutely nothing in terms of improving our performance as compare to just selecting 21 players. And that a)Ned misses just because of him or b)ROC is punted after one game is beyond stupidity. If Nicks had it, he's lost it.

Next thread coming soon - Matthew Nicks, I was wrong

Inb4 thread titled "Who owes David Mackay an apology" after Dave plays his one good game* for the year.

*20 touches and a cheap goal

He was awesome against Melbourne at AO when he earned his single brownlow vote. It was a slightly wet day, I don't think it rained, but it was off the back of rain. He was actually probably denied the more appropriate 2 or even 3 votes that game, he really was that good. But, that won't change that he shouldn't have been selected because it will do nothing for us at all.

He was awesome against Melbourne at AO when he earned his single brownlow vote. It was a slightly wet day, I don't think it rained, but it was off the back of rain. He was actually probably denied the more appropriate 2 or even 3 votes that game, he really was that good. But, that won't change that he shouldn't have been selected because it will do nothing for us at all.
Didn't he kick the winning goal that game?

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back