Toast David Mundy - 300 Games #Mundy3Hundy

Remove this Banner Ad

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thought I’d get in early because the great man deserves it. Only the second WA based player to achieve this milestone, captain when we needed a leader and arguably our greatest midfielder.

At 33, it looks like he could go on for a couple more seasons at least. Always looks like he’s moving in slow motion because he’s so smooth. Elite contested ball winner, disposer and one of the most clutch players I’ve seen in my time.

🍻 toast and cheers to the big Barra

I hope all of he, Pav and Sandi become our first club legends at the same ceremony.

Post your favourite memory(ies) in here.

#Mundy3Hundy

My favorite memories of Mundy are:
That kick against Richmond
That other kick against Richmond
And this picture because of the first kick against Richmond.

f70ec00733d9187f560415957e721cb5.jpeg

If memory serves me correctly his first ever AFL kick was a flour bag deep into the 50 to McPharlin who marked and goaled.

Just a class act, great in the GF, his career has been consistent, he has been an outstanding mid since 2010.

Obviously the two Richmond goals we’re great, and the point against feeling after the siren was a fair effort too.

#mundy3hundy

Not enough superlatives can be written or spoken to truly capture the influence this guy has had on our club during his career.
He is just so consistent in everything he does and at a level most would be happy to play one game at.
His body has held up amazingly well, allowing him to be an ever present part of our midfield, but also showing his professionalism to keep getting his body right. What a fantastic role model for our young players.
He looks to have at least another year in him, I would expect two or even three more.
Well done to him on getting to 300 games. Will always be a Freo legend.

This guy well and truly deserves his own thread for this weeks game

300 games - congrats Barra

An absolute pleasure to have been around to see his career at freo, no doubt everyone has there one Mundy memory

Let’s share it all here

Edit: just saw the other thread pop up. Merge away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From a cricket fan's perspective; I've always found the comparisons to Mark Waugh (dodgy bookmakers nonwithstanding) or David Gower to be really something. Just a Rolls Royce of a footballer who always looks like he's got 10-15 seconds more space and time than everyone else on the field.

His effort in the Grand Final is up there with the best individual games of footy I think I've ever seen.

My favorite memories of Mundy are:

That kick against Richmond

That other kick against Richmond

Like, like, like coz one like is not enough for that man. We were at that second game and it was one of the best things I have ever seen at a football game. Well done David Mundy on a great career and for being a genuinely good person. That is what a role model looks like.

Remember the game he debuted. Vs Melbourne 2005 at MCG. Got that on DVD. 143 to 129.
He’s been an incredible talent since. About as important for Freo then Pav and Sandilands. Resilience and hardly injured.
The fact he is in some incredible form in his mid 30s is amazing in itself. Hope we do a commerative guernesy for him, like we did for Pav’s 300th and his last game. Well deserved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's in great nick at the moment. Was good today, wasn't his fault when he should have got a free for htm in the 2nd(?) and GWS goaled.

Fantastic career, just an utter professional , unassuming but total class , highly skilled yet could match it with the absolute elite in the clinches. True leader of our football club

Genuinely thought this would be his last year but barring anything drastic I’d have him back next year in a heart beat
great in the GF,
-really never got/gets enough credit for this.
Just about single handedly got us back into that game with his efforts esp in that 3rd quarter

True clutch player

I’d like to note the beautiful synchronicity of David Mundy playing his 300th against the Bulldogs.

Perhaps we can have Steven Koops down to kick the goal before the game?
Daniel Bandy says hi

Fantastic player and bloke is the Barra. Super consistent at such a high level, my youngest has #16 on his jumper for several years now and choosing between him and Sonny is like asking a parent which kid you love most.

I remember an ANZAC Day game against the swans at subi I believe in 09, he single handedly took on 3 players on the wing, dominated them then laced out a pass inside our forward 50 for a goal. Thought he was special then.
Then I watched his PF against the swans again, and he was brilliant.

But watching him live at the G in the 2013 GF.... even the hawks supporters around me were saying how good he was and should've won the Norm Smith.

Last week proved his worth yet again. Just so good. Another medal/accolade he was robbed of being in the losing side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back