Coaches of the past.
Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
1606344055065.png

Just for the record I thought Polec was a great idea. I couldn't see how we could deal to get ahead of a TT nomination, and we clearly lacked the outside class that Polly brought.
Fair enough on the others, but this one made a lot of sense I reckon.
Still not convinced hes a bust either.

Why are they carrying on as if we have landed Ron Barassi?

It's spin central down at that place these days.

This bloke hasn't proven a thing yet.

It is a little Odd

I’m putting it down to being off season and limited news.

Articles all probably written around the time he got the gig and now getting a run due to slow news.

I guess introducing a new coach to the state isn’t a terrible story and at least we aren’t being shitcanned.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No one can complain that the club is not on the front foot now - getting alot of positive publicity and completely turning the narrative around from where it was 4-6 weeks ago.

With some good kids to come in via the draft next week plus some footage of the 1-4 year players training this should give us good momentum coming into Christmas.

Oh - and for those still criticising the role of Paul Roos - the article makes it pretty clear how important connections/longevity/reputation are in any industry and the AFL is no different.

It is a little Odd

Articles all probably written around the time he got the gig and now getting a run due to slow news.

I guess introducing a new coach to the state isn’t a terrible story and at least we aren’t being shitcanned.

We're being bagged because of what happened with our last coach, of course we're going to talk up the new one.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
It is a little Odd

It's only as odd as building monuments to administrative prowess for paying off a bit of debt, or for taking out a 3 page advertisement applauding the attainment of a "female friendly" feng shui meditation room.

What about actually thriving and producing tangible achievement for the NM FOOTBALL club?

This pretty much sums up what qualifies as an achievement at the NMFC in 2020.

Last edited:
It's only as odd as building monuments to administrative prowess for paying off a bit of debt, or for taking out a 3 page advertisement applauding the attainment of a "female friendly" feng shui meditation room.

What about actually thriving and producing tangible achievement fot the NM FOOTBALL club?

Pretty sure this is a HUN story not written by the club but interprete as you wish

it’s a full story in the off season nothing more

What about actually thriving and producing tangible achievement for the NM FOOTBALL club?

I'm all for alternative views mate, but if you're thirsty for change at the club, repeatedly mentioning it on a fan forum seems the least practical way of encouraging the change you're after?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
LOL, why would anyone waste their time blocking you from running for the board?

The real issue is that no-one would vote for you. You have nothing worthwhile to offer.

I'd certainly be useless as far as the people who actually control the club are concerned (Inner city Melbourne greenies)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Them, and 100% of supporters.

The delusion of grandeur that you speak for everyone. You don't.

You're just another pack runner. They pump you out on the assembly line by the 1000's.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
This thread is going to become a political back and forth as well? fu** me.

Any chance we can pin a thread titled "Bullshit" and leave it all there? I know how Andy Dufresne felt now.....

Hey, I focused on the flat out spin in that article and it was there.

Blame the NMFC Stasi for taking it next level.

Back