Past Coach NMFC Senior Coach - David Noble has parted ways with NMFC

Coaches of the past.
Very impressive presser. I do have only one question mark. He’ll be great as a teacher to the young list, and a settling pair of hands for the entire footy department. But is he ruthless enough? Will the players be scared of him when he decides they need a bake? Hardwick has that win at all cost mentality. David is just a very nice guy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
Very impressive presser. I do have only one question mark. He’ll be great as a teacher to the young list, and a settling pair of hands for the entire footy department. But is he ruthless enough? Will the players be scared of him when he decides they need a bake? Hardwick has that win at all cost mentality. David is just a very nice guy.

Somewhere toward the start of this thread said they’d heard from somebody that played under him & he’s a ‘hard arse.’

I hope so. Would be good for the young group.

Somewhere toward the start of this thread said they’d heard from somebody that played under him & he’s a ‘hard arse.’

Very much strikes me as a leader that gives responsibility and support to staff, but has no compunction about letting people go if they don't live up to expectations. Something we need to improve, in my opinion.

Wrangeroos

Senior List
Oct 12, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Nobes was on 6pr over in the West tonight and he was directly asked this question by Langdon and Haselby. Said he used to give out plenty of sprays in his time but moving into more of a management position in the latter part of his career he has mellowed. Still thinks he can give a good spray if required though.

Also mentioned with the young group he sees himself likely coaching on the bench providing feedback rather than sitting in the box.

Hardwick isn’t Craig Bellamy.

I’m sure when Noble needs to lay the smack down he will.

otr2020

Rookie
Sep 24, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pykie, the biggest mistake in the last 15 years was wasting the first round father son pick on Luke McDonald at number 8 when we could have had Patrick Cripps who went at number 13, wow what a huge blunder, we could have got a hard bodied midfielder with great leadership skills who would be captain of the club today, instead we get a dumb bloke like Luke McDonald who gets cheap kicks down the back in a pocket or flank and thinks that cheap stats matter. Worse still he gets votes and wins a B&F which in 2020 counts for nothing. Think about the next time you watch Cripps play and hear him speak. Very sad
Mistake? Cripps was projected late first round speculative pick and Luke McDonald was consensus top 3 player of the draft..nobody rated Cripps ahead of McDonald..we also had the slowest midfield with an abundance of inside mids. Cripps may not even have got the games to develop into the player he is anyway.

Judging by that draft pick 8 on McDonald is a tick

He has gone from a poor footballer to a potential star this year which you can see if you properly watched him this year

I don't like to tell people how they should feel..but you should currently be showering yourself with an abundance of shame and embaressment

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hardwick isn’t Craig Bellamy.

I’m sure when Noble needs to lay the smack down he will.
Would Bellamy make a bloke change the dirty nappy of the team captain’s baby?

Well, when you think about it, nobody but a very strange individual would do that or even say it in the media.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Mistake? Cripps was projected late first round speculative pick and Luke McDonald was consensus top 3 player of the draft..nobody rated Cripps ahead of McDonald..we also had the slowest midfield with an abundance of inside mids. Cripps may not even have got the games to develop into the player he is anyway.

Judging by that draft pick 8 on McDonald is a tick

He has gone from a poor footballer to a potential star this year which you can see if you properly watched him this year

I don't like to tell people how they should feel..but you should currently be showering yourself with an abundance of shame and embaressment

If they don't * about with Luke in 2021 and leave him at half back, then he should kick the hinges off the door of AA selection.

The work Luke is already doing down at Arden St demonstrates he's doing everything possible to take his game to another level again.

Nobes was on 6pr over in the West tonight and he was directly asked this question by Langdon and Haselby. Said he used to give out plenty of sprays in his time but moving into more of a management position in the latter part of his career he has mellowed. Still thinks he can give a good spray if required though.

Also mentioned with the young group he sees himself likely coaching on the bench providing feedback rather than sitting in the box.

"Nobes was on 6pr"

The poor man....

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pykie, the biggest mistake in the last 15 years was wasting the first round father son pick on Luke McDonald at number 8 when we could have had Patrick Cripps who went at number 13, wow what a huge blunder, we could have got a hard bodied midfielder with great leadership skills who would be captain of the club today, instead we get a dumb bloke like Luke McDonald who gets cheap kicks down the back in a pocket or flank and thinks that cheap stats matter. Worse still he gets votes and wins a B&F which in 2020 counts for nothing. Think about the next time you watch Cripps play and hear him speak. Very sad
Without any disrespect, this is just so much hindsight. Did you see LMac play for werribee against men as a 17 year old? I did, and won't forget him kicking a goal from the centre square at Princes Park; any footage of Cripps doing that?

Mar 25, 2002
37° 70' 12"
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Happened at the post season coaches get together. Someone took the last curried egg sandwich and the angry little man from Hawthorn lost his s**t

1606174938865.png

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Without any disrespect, this is just so much hindsight. Did you see LMac play for werribee against men as a 17 year old? I did, and won't forget him kicking a goal from the centre square at Princes Park; any footage of Cripps doing that?

I was there too.

The change in coach had a significant influence on Luke, and a couple of others. Last year he definitely went back to a role that was a lot more in sync with how he was played as a junior.

How many punters here actually look at the overall team strategy and it's effect on individual players? Very few.

Noble has so much respect and admiration from everyone

Its super exciting
Which is great, but does it mean he will be a great leader of men? Time will tell. But when I look at the last several premiership coaches, including Beveridge and Longmire, not to mention Clarko and Hardwick, they all have that ruthless look in their eye that demands you to go into battle and do whatever it takes. The only possible exception to that is Simmo.

Which is great, but does it mean he will be a great leader of men? Time will tell. But when I look at the last several premiership coaches, including Beveridge and Longmire, not to mention Clarko and Hardwick, they all have that ruthless look in their eye that demands you to go into battle and do whatever it takes. The only possible exception to that is Simmo.

Well we won’t know until he coaches a game.

Would Bellamy make a bloke change the dirty nappy of the team captain’s baby?

Well, when you think about it, nobody but a very strange individual would do that or even say it in the media.

Bellamy would make him do it with his hands tied behind his back.

Back