Past Coach NMFC Senior Coach - David Noble has parted ways with NMFC

Coaches of the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh. Kingy not knowing how the panel operated is hardly the club's fault or problem.
I don't see anything outside the norm for executive head hunting.
Recruiter identifies a suitable candidate who may not have actually been considering the role and the recruiter encourages them to apply.

Move along nothing to see here.

Not against the process (I never said Roos shouldn't have approached Noble, quite the opposite) but just would like to think the club gave everyone an equal chance and I would have thought that they'd have gone out of the way to show that this time given the issues last time around. If I missed out on a job under these circumstances I would not be thrilled - there might not be anything untoward but it's about perception as much as what might have been reality.

Hopefully we don't hear rumblings from a discontent Harvs or Gia down the track given as it's been pointed out before coaching applicants only seem to get a few goes before they seem to be perceived as damaged goods. This might be a bit of a media beat up but the club could have managed it better by simply talking about how the other coaches were dealt with in the process. Nothing wrong with a bit of probity!

I'm confused? How is it incumbent on us to leave unsuccessful candidates with glowing references?

If they were good enough they would have been selected.

That's not what I'm saying.

It's pretty clear that in AFL there is a strong perception that if you miss out on 'too many' senior coaching roles then, with very few exceptions, you become relegated to not even being worthy of being considered for future ones; both from an outside perspective and apparently from an internalized one too. From what I've seen and heard recently it would indicate that Voss is terrified of reaching that stage, that Harvey may be there now, and that Noble had reached that stage and needed to be coaxed into putting his hat in the ring one last time.

Certainly some of the people who reach that position aren't good enough, end of story. But I think a lot of them get unfairly stigmatized by it too. Clubs in the hunt for coaches can have wildly different needs, and individual candidates are capable of growth in between failed bids.

I'm not sure if it's a media saturation and coverage issue, a human psychology issue, a bit of both, or something different altogether. Hell it might not even be that big of an issue overall, though personally I think it's symptomatic of an era where clubs are too mindful of PR and the media. Either way I'm not sad to see the topic being questioned, I just wish Kingy hadn't gone about it from this angle. He's lining us up for a salvo from a few directions, and he knows it.

i hear Jordan Russell has been offered a coaching position at NM, in charge of the midfield.

he was supposed to be coaching Footscray in the VFL next year, but will most likely accept the position at NM

he will be a great addition to the coaching panel.

i hear Jordan Russell has been offered a coaching position at NM, in charge of the midfield.

he was supposed to be coaching Footscray in the VFL next year, but will most likely accept the position at NM

Whats his coaching experience like?

Bulldogs midfield coach, VFL coach.

On a sidenote Gia is now at Essendon.

after his playing days with Carlton and Collingwood in the AFL, he then went onto play with Footscray in the VFL where he was basically a playing coach and was very important to the young players development. He captained Footscray to the VFL premiership in 2016. Once his VFL playing career was over, he took up a coaching role with the Western Bulldogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
after his playing days with Carlton and Port Adelaide in the AFL, he then went onto play with Footscray in the VFL where he was basically a playing coach and was very important to the young players development. He captained Footscray to the VFL premiership in 2016. Once his VFL playing career was over, he took up a coaching role with the Western Bulldogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the Age:

The vacancy (from Gia's departure) has allowed former Carlton and Collingwood player Russell to take over as the Dogs' VFL coach after initially not being offered a job with the club next year. Russell was stood down amid coronavirus cost-cutting earlier this year.

Oh bollocks. This was in October. VFL gig means nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice sounds like a good get

Jordan Russell played 125 games?

Crikey I imagined he played about 40-50 games. There you go.

Jordan Russell played 125 games?

Crikey I imagined he played about 40-50 games. There you go.
We could have played 100 games at Carlton in that era.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I hope no one interviewing him has heard of him or at least met him. We should also broadcast the interviews just to show the entire world that it's a fair process.

would like to think the club gave everyone an equal chance and I would have thought that they'd have gone out of the way to show that this time given the issues last time around. If I missed out on a job under these circumstances I would not be thrilled - there might not be anything untoward but it's about perception as much as what might have been reality.

How would they do this?

Nice mail AS.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back