News David Noble - New North Melbourne Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

i met noble at a flat earther party once and he was convinced that the moon wasnt real and that the worlds governments put hallucinogenics in everyones drinking water in order to convince people that the moon was real and responsible for tides when the tides are actually caused by the atlantis sea empire

i met noble at a flat earther party once and he was convinced that the moon wasnt real and that the worlds governments put hallucinogenics in everyones drinking water in order to convince people that the moon was real and responsible for tides when the tides are actually caused by the atlantis sea empire
We must have been at the same party!

I get the whole selling hope thing for north coz the clubs got very few members and even less money but it’s statements like Buckley’s that the media will have a field day ina few years when it turns out north are no where near it still.
Puts the whole club under pressure unnecessarily.
Anyways if it ends up with them relocating to Tasmania full time that can only be a good thing for the expansion of the National competition

When Benny Gale set the 3-0-75 target, he made it quite clear that unless they fixed up the admin side of the club and focused on achieving the 0 part of the target, the rest could not happen. Buckley seems to think they have the back of house in order and that's why his target is delusional.

We're making profits and have paid off our debt.

We're redeveloping Arden Street.

What's delusional?

I think Noble will make a fine coach, but the club have made some over eager calls suggesting they want to be top 4 in 3 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Noble doesn't get poached before you taste actual success to spearhead the colonisation of Mars

if this new bloke is able to get them out of the bottom 4 in the next 2 years he'll have done bloody well.

This is a club they couldn't even get the top candidates to apply for the role due to stupid expectations like this. And then they throw some petrol on the fire by repeating an even more outlandish goal.
Ben Buckley is a part of Norths problems....Not their solutions. Next time Noble sees him, he should give Buckley a swift backhander.

LOL

He will take 2-3 years just to clean out the current deadwood on his list. You can't draft the 15 new players they need on their list and get back to finals at the same time. Real fantasy land stuff here.

North's list is a 5 year job just to get it back into the finals MINIMUM. Fremantle last played finals in 2015 and we hope to challenge in 2021. Thats 5 years.
BMac said when he was appointed as our coach in 2011 that it would take 5 years before we would be contending for a flag and he was right 😀

Brisbane under Fagan

2017 - bottom 4
2018 - bottom 4
2019 - top 4

Why shouldn’t that be our goal?
One advantage that the non-Vic teams have is that every second week they have a huge home ground advantage, so when they go from being an ordinary team to a pretty decent team, they can take a big jump up the ladder, because they become very very hard to beat every second week, whereas when a Victorian team goes from very ordinary to pretty decent, it's much harder to make a big jump up the ladder like that, because they don't have a really big home ground advantage anywhere near as much as the interstate teams.

Granted playing a few games in Tassie helps, in North's case.

That North will finish top 4 in 2023!?

You've got Buckleys. And I don't mean Ben!
Yep and Freo and saints will face each other in the grand final next season. LoL

And Zac Dawson will come out of retirement and will win the Coleman medal kicking 75 goals LoL

Yes I am delusional. LoL

The other thing that makes this goal so unlikely to happen is that it would basically require three years with very very few injuries for it to even have a chance of being achieved.

One year with significant injuries and there's zero chance of this goal being met.

Two years with a decent number of injuries and you're probably still bottom 4 or even bottom 2 in 3 years.

Rebuilds these days generally take years. Look at Carlton, Brisbane and St Kilda as recent examples. It is seriously challenging to get off the bottom these days.

Brisbane under Fagan

2017 - bottom 4
2018 - bottom 4
2019 - top 4

Why shouldn’t that be our goal?

because Brisbane finished 17th, 17th and 15th the season before that enabling them to load up on picks

Aside from freaks like Fyfe/Judd/Bont who peaked when they were early 20s, almost all other elite players take awhile to come in. Dustin Martin's best season was 6 years into his career. So even if North drafted the best player in the current draft, there is still another 4-5 years to wait for him to come good.

the fact he thinks they still have a core group to take them through the next 5-10 years shows us how far off the mark he is.

ffs look at the top 10 from the North B&F

Luke McDonald – 183 - good average footballer.
Jy Simpkin – 140 - definiately some potential there
Jed Anderson – 138 - Nearly 27, has 2-3 years in him.
Todd Goldstein – 131 - Cooked, maybe 1 more year
Trent Dumont – 128 - good average footballer
Robbie Tarrant – 93 - cooked, maybe 1 more year
Josh Walker – 92 - wouldn't get a game in other team in the league
Shaun Higgins – 88 - gone
Ben McKay – 75 - still young i guess
Cameron Zurhaar – 70 - fringe player.

I would say there are 2 blokes in the top 10 that would be part of any "core" group of a good AFL team. Buckley has rocks in his head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back