David Noble vs Mark Neeld

Remove this Banner Ad

Bolton was something else.
His team would lose its 5th match in a row and he'd rock up to press conferences telling everyone how much he loves his players. They make him proud. He's chuffed to be coaching such special young men.

Important to remember that 4 of Melbourne's wins were against expansion teams in their 1st & 2nd seasons.
This is who they defeated:
Essendon by 6 points
Gold Coast by 42 points (In their second season. Gold Coast won three games for the year)
GWS by 78 & 25 points (In their first season. GWS won two games for the year)
GWS by 41 points (In their second season. GWS won one game for the year against Melbourne.) (Side note. Melbourne were down by 19 points at 3 quarter time & had to pull out the greatest quarter in the clubs history to get over the Giants. So at least Neeld has that record)

I'd be interested to also see the percentage between the two sides as well because back then we'd lose some games by ten goals & I would generally think at least they had a go today.

No idea Noble has even the way he presents himself to media , lack of small improvements, problems with players etc they can blame Paul Roos who recommended him and helped with appointment.

Important to remember that 4 of Melbourne's wins were against expansion teams in their 1st & 2nd seasons.
This is who they defeated:
Essendon by 6 points
Gold Coast by 42 points (In their second season. Gold Coast won three games for the year)
GWS by 78 & 25 points (In their first season. GWS won two games for the year)
GWS by 41 points (In their second season. GWS won one game for the year against Melbourne.) (Side note. Melbourne were down by 19 points at 3 quarter time & had to pull out the greatest quarter in the clubs history to get over the Giants. So at least Neeld has that record)

I'd be interested to also see the percentage between the two sides as well because back then we'd lose some games by ten goals & I would generally think at least they had a go today.
I think North are generally having a dip but they have no system. That falls at the feet of the coach. They’re getting * all from their senior players bar Goldstein and McDonald. Makes it very difficult to win games of footy.

North are quite similar to where Melbourne were in 2012-13, but I doubt that the playing group at North have as dysfunctional relationship with Noble as the players at Melbourne did with Neeld.

Who has the better win percentage out of the two? Last time I checked it was Noble but it could be Neeld now.

Take out GWS and GC who were in their 1st and second years and Neeld only won 1 game and that game Essendon kicked themselves out of the game with 6.16

Also Neeld took over a 8-1-13 team that had good potential around it

Noble took over a 3-14 team that was 1-14 in their last 15 games and their previous coach literally had a melt down from coaching them

Nobles job has been much bigger and harder than Neelds. I would compare the task ahead of Noble more to what Roos inherited at Melbourne in terms or difficulty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back