David Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

The hardest job in football bar none. Especially when you have virtually no chance to shape and mould your own destiny by having to deal with whatever the last coach and list manager left you. It takes years to rebuild a group and implement your own plan.

Maybe Nobes wasn't meant to coach - or it could be his timing is just incredibly wrong. Look at Fages, Fly and Vossy. 3 very different coaches but all inheriting lists and clubs intent on getting better. I'm not sure anyone in management at North actually knows how to go about that, and the players have been flogged by the press and supporters alike. Gold Coast have at least had the guts to give Dew time and reward for effort after years of rebuild.

Either way I get zero joy in seeing a man who helped guide and nurture our club be pilloried and scapegoated by media and know it alls who seem to thrive on who their next scalp will be. I sincerely hope those who bayed for blood are happy now that they look like they got their man.

Whatever his future I hope Nobes comes out of this OK and finds his place back in the football world.

The easiest decision in situations like this in sport or the corporate world is to sack. The hardest decision is to support the intended target and change the culture around him/her. If Walsh is any good at his job and this review is genuinely looking at the whole of club, the decision to stay with Noble may prove to be correct and start discarding the dead wood around Noble and North.

The easiest decision in situations like this in sport or the corporate world is to sack. The hardest decision is to support the intended target and change the culture around him/her. If Walsh is any good at his job and this review is genuinely looking at the whole of club, the decision to stay with Noble may prove to be correct and start discarding the dead wood around Noble and North.
You’ve got a greenhorn President and a questionable CEO…he’s gone

There has been such a huge disconnect with that club from the inside. They gut their own list, ditching players out to rebuild, get in a new coach and at the same time put up some expectations of playing finals right away. Feels like there is about 3 different opinions, and there isn't any 1 overall macro driving direction in that club that everyone is on board with. The signs were there early that Noble was taking on a cursed role. I think he is trying to do something that the club isn't really prepared to do. I think they expect a bottom of the ladder to top of the ladder turn around like we did, yet they are ignoring the 3 or so years of work done before hand.

They need to get their back of house s**t together before worrying about coaches. Their playing list still needs so much turn over and work as well.

Lol, Noble really *ed up his career trajectory.

It was a poisoned chalice.

The fundamental coaching principle is setting performance goals (I will run a sub 15 minute 5k) not outcome goals (I will win the race). Focus on what you can control, because what others do is out of your control.

Nobel should have run as soon as the ceo/GM/whichever said 'we will be winning finals in three years'.

Showing they have no idea about coaching. He was never going to get the support he needed, just tons of pressure that would end up on the players.

It was a poisoned chalice.

The fundamental coaching principle is setting performance goals (I will run a sub 15 minute 5k) not outcome goals (I will win the race). Focus on what you can control, because what others do is out of your control.

Nobel should have run as soon as the ceo/GM/whichever said 'we will be winning finals in three years'.

Showing they have no idea about coaching. He was never going to get the support he needed, just tons of pressure that would end up on the players.
Get the off field first - the people who appointed him all left virtually straight away and were replaced by football lite folks

I can't believe Noble wasn't able to fulfil North's vision and get them into the top 4 in two to three years. I'm shocked to be sitting here. The leadership of the organisation is cooked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would welcome noble back I think noble wasn’t scared to have the tough conversations , but fagan….need the bad cop to the good cop

Fagan is definitely not afraid of tough conversations. Don't let what he projects in the media fool you.

I'd also be very down for Noble back to the club.