Oppo Camp David Swallow staying North until at least the end of 2024, AFTER WHICH he becomes (?) a NMFC player

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would cost us our first rounder and a good young player in the ilk of Wood and Atley or an untried up and comer like Clarke.

Is he worth it given we have Cunners and Ziebell? I would prefer Neale myself

At the end of 2014 that would've been the market rate for D Swallow. However they couldn't realistically charge anywhere near that much now given his injury issues. The bloke basically hasn't been on the paddock consistently for two years. Unless he somehow gets back and plays at least a month of strong football before the end of this year, there is no way we would give up a first rounder for him. I would say a second round pick and a fringe player would be the best they can hope for. Perhaps McKenzie or Mullet. Even then, I reckon we are paying overs.

Ultimately though it would all be up to a medical assessment. If he doesn't get back by the end of this year who knows what chance he has of getting back ever. Assuming he would only move for his current salary or more, it would take up a fair chunk of salary cap space for a pretty speculative punt.

If we are going to make a play I would rather target a O'Meara or Neale, but with our top notch medicos and Andrew being our captain, David Swallow is more likely to come to us than the other 2.

Let's also not forget how little they took for Bennell from Freo.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not comparing apples here but Bennell's behaviour issues were just as useful as Swallow's injury issues and GC don't seem like the sort of team that mucks around with trades if they see what the inevitable is (if this is the inevitable).

Gone. Not going to cut it in the afl, no point trying to get across. Waste of time. Gone!

NORTH Melbourne captain Andrew Swallow appears on a path to line up alongside brother David next season with the injured Gold Coast midfielder’s future unclear.

The Suns’ only No. 1 draft pick has played just two of the past 31 matches and is no certainty to return to the field this season as he battles to overcome bone bruising in his knee.

Gold Coast would have to agree to trade Swallow given he is contracted until the end of 2017 and the Kangas would only pursue a deal if confident his troublesome knee will heal.

The Swallow brothers have long stated they would love to play together and a fit David would give the Kangas another lick of class and courage as they chase a flag with an ageing list.

Andrew Swallow, who turns 30 next season, said his brother needed to find a club able to shake his medical woes.

David Swallow, 23, took the highly unusual step of seeking medical advice from North Melbourne high-performance manager Steve Saunders at his home this pre-season.

Must Read
story-fni0cx12-002d259cb153143179ecfb44dfa1b7af

“I would tell (David) to try and find somewhere which can help get his body right,” Andrew Swallow said.

“We’ve only got a short period we can play footy and he’s missed so much in the last few years.”

286c6cd141774fbc95436c1caaa25bf1

David Swallow with his brother Andrew in 2011. Picture: Brendan Radke
David Swallow suffered consecutive injuries to his posterior cruciate ligament last year and underwent an arthroscope from a different orthopedic surgeon at the start of this season.

He has since suffered bone bruising and remains an indefinite prospect.

Swallow’s management is scheduled to meet Gold Coast officials this week as part of routine discussions on several players, including the Suns’ 2014 club champion.

Swallow recently resumed running and wants to return to footy late in this season while Saunders’ involvement effectively flags North’s interest.

On the eve of David’s AFL debut Andrew forecast that the West Australian brothers would eventually unite.

“I’d definitely like to play with him at some stage, and mum and dad would love it and Dave is pretty keen as well,” he said.

“We’ll wait and see, but hopefully at the Kangas would be nice.”

NORTH Melbourne captain Andrew Swallow appears on a path to line up alongside brother David next season with the injured Gold Coast midfielder’s future unclear.

The Suns’ only No. 1 draft pick has played just two of the past 31 matches and is no certainty to return to the field this season as he battles to overcome bone bruising in his knee.

Gold Coast would have to agree to trade Swallow given he is contracted until the end of 2017 and the Kangas would only pursue a deal if confident his troublesome knee will heal.

The Swallow brothers have long stated they would love to play together and a fit David would give the Kangas another lick of class and courage as they chase a flag with an ageing list.

Andrew Swallow, who turns 30 next season, said his brother needed to find a club able to shake his medical woes.

David Swallow, 23, took the highly unusual step of seeking medical advice from North Melbourne high-performance manager Steve Saunders at his home this pre-season.

Must Read
story-fni0cx12-002d259cb153143179ecfb44dfa1b7af

“I would tell (David) to try and find somewhere which can help get his body right,” Andrew Swallow said.

“We’ve only got a short period we can play footy and he’s missed so much in the last few years.”

286c6cd141774fbc95436c1caaa25bf1

David Swallow with his brother Andrew in 2011. Picture: Brendan Radke
David Swallow suffered consecutive injuries to his posterior cruciate ligament last year and underwent an arthroscope from a different orthopedic surgeon at the start of this season.

He has since suffered bone bruising and remains an indefinite prospect.

Swallow’s management is scheduled to meet Gold Coast officials this week as part of routine discussions on several players, including the Suns’ 2014 club champion.

Swallow recently resumed running and wants to return to footy late in this season while Saunders’ involvement effectively flags North’s interest.

On the eve of David’s AFL debut Andrew forecast that the West Australian brothers would eventually unite.

“I’d definitely like to play with him at some stage, and mum and dad would love it and Dave is pretty keen as well,” he said.

“We’ll wait and see, but hopefully at the Kangas would be nice.”
Massive!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to burst the media bubble but David is loving the Coast, I spoke to him at the family day on the weekend where he specifically stated that "living up here sure beats what my brothers doing" to which both I and Harro had a good chuckle. Sounds to me like little Bro may be the one courting Big Bro.

I guess time will tell.

:thumbsu:

I wonder who GC would want to trade for him? And whose spot in the middle would he take? At this point it would likely be Swallows...

Re: David Swallow to North - Official Thread 2013

I spoke to him last night on the phone and he told me that waiting around until 2016 for the Gold Coast window to arrive would be a waste of time considering North will be genuine contenders from 2014 onwards.

He's very much looking forward to coming to North in 2013 and being involved in a real football club.

Brady Rawlings number 3 jumper is waiting for him.

Sorry, but that's just how it is. The deal has been done.
Clearly

Such a rubbish article, and really does smell of journo sniffing bigfooty...
that aside I would be gutted if he went, one of my fave players to watch. Still commands a top 1st round pick/best 22 player provided he gets back on the park on the latter half of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back