Oppo Camp David Swallow staying North until at least the end of 2024, AFTER WHICH he becomes (?) a NMFC player

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is believed Saunders told him he could fix his issues within a matter of weeks despite Swallow despairing at his hopes of a full recovery.

:eek:

If this is true, I would be very open to getting him!

Hasn't Rocket already implied he wants players more than draft picks ?, we have plenty of deal brokers here, get to work boys, surely the challenge is there for us to unload some list cloggers and possibly late rd draft picks.
What if we went for the most ironic trade of all time...
Andrew for David :p

It is believed Saunders told him he could fix his issues within a matter of weeks despite Swallow despairing at his hopes of a full recovery.
Wonder what snake oil Steve told Garner and Turner re their hamstrings? Or Wright re his ankle or Jacobs re his foot?

He talks a superb game our Steve I'll give him that!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/dav...y/news-story/4970c3019d5944901b885714843a344d

DAVID Swallow is open to a trade to a rival club this off-season as Gold Coast players rebel against the aggressive attitude of chairman Tony Cochrane.

afea7cc8244200587649a2fa4362b459

The No.1 draft pick has missed nearly two full seasons with knee issues, visiting North Melbourne doctor Steve Saunders this year after being handed a pessimistic diagnosis by Gold Coast doctors.

Out of contract at the end of 2017, he had given the club assurances that he would serve the final year of his contract.

But the 23-year-old was one of several senior players shocked by Cochrane’s savage assessment of departing star Jaeger O’Meara, who will move to a Melbourne club.

It is understood the mild-mannered midfielder stood up in a leadership meeting and staunchly defended O’Meara’s conduct after he was publicly labelled “disloyal” by Cochrane.

Cochrane repeated that assessment to the entire list, which is believed to have been the last straw for an angry Swallow.

The Herald Sun understands if a trade could be brokered with North Melbourne - where his brother Andrew is the captain - he might consider it this year.

He might also be amenable to a trade back to a Perth club as he tries to reboot a career jeopardised by knee issues.

Dion Prestia is expected to move to Richmond for their no. 6 selection, with the potential loss of all three midfielders a devastating blow.

Cochrane repeated his aggressive stance on 3AW yesterday, saying of O’Meara’s London knee surgery, “we have spent a good deal of money on his problems”.

He said if they didn’t get a fair deal for O’Meara the Suns could become “a permanent training camp” for southern clubs.

On Friday, Brownlow Medallist Gerard Healy said the loss of all three would leave the Suns in a “death spiral”.

“Even players on contracts are now almost blackmailing their way from one club to another,” Healy said at a Melbourne Football Club business luncheon.

“And if you get a club which is seemingly in a death spiral, which is Brisbane and maybe the Gold Coast at the present time, it’s hard to see how the death spiral can be arrested.

“You can get the best people up there (to run the club) and ultimately that’s the only thing you can do.

“But you still have to convince young players that senior core group of people are going to deliver for you the chance to play in a premiership.

“And one suspects David Swallow is only six months from making the decision or making public the decision that he is going to come back and play in Melbourne.”
Bad week for presidents. But this idiot is doing it the wrong way. Reeks of Div.2 EDFL standards.
He and Rocket have destroyed the place.

In saying that, JB no matter what happens in 2016, we will forever be greatful for saving our club.

Cochrane is an ego with a big mouth. Rocket is (for mine) one of the most overrated coaches in the modern era. Gold Coast doesn't want or need an AFL football team. If David King had his way this is what north would be going through, but probably with less draft concessions to get started. Jam your talks of loyalty deep where the northern sun cannot shine. No one is shedding any tears for the club's plight, least of all the people of the Gold Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, well Swallow seems potentially feasible because of Andrew and Saunders.
O'meara on the other hand - we don't really have anything that suggests he is interested.

They would ask for players that none of us would want to part with, and considering we could potentially still make finals next year with out core group, we wouldn't want to give up anyone of value that could help take us there.

Cochrane is an ego with a big mouth. Rocket is (for mine) one of the most overrated coaches in the modern era. Gold Coast doesn't want or need an AFL football team. If David King had his way this is what north would be going through, but probably with less draft concessions to get started. Jam your talks of loyalty deep where the northern sun cannot shine. No one is shedding any tears for the club's plight, least of all the people of the Gold Coast.
Rockets record has been in decline since 2010.
Sacked from the Bulldogs he was plan B at collingwood for 3 years after Mick didn't want to be director of coaching.
Helped Buckley take a top 4 team to the bottom ten.
Then took a Gold Coast on the cusp of finals back to the bottom four. Blokes past it and this new age generation of footballers won't play for him.

I think it plays out in our favour that GC prefer established players than draft picks. I'd be very against trading our first round draft picks. If they want an Atley, Swallow or Cunnington, I'd much prefer that than say giving picks.

Ok, well Swallow seems potentially feasible because of Andrew and Saunders.
O'meara on the other hand - we don't really have anything that suggests he is interested.

They would ask for players that none of us would want to part with, and considering we could potentially still make finals next year with out core group, we wouldn't want to give up anyone of value that could help take us there.
We just tossed Boomer and Dish. That saying I think everyones safe (unless Brads overruled)
It's no secret Brads in love with Swallow and Cunnington.

Swallow Swallow Cunnington and Ziebell.... Nothing similar about those players at all and definitely addressing a weakness in the side.... We're definitely not lacking speed or skillful outside players.... We would definitely be addressing our weakness in midfield by getting Swallow.....

******* seriously. David Swallow is the one sort of player we don't need.

We just tossed Boomer and Dish. That saying I think everyones safe (unless Brads overruled)
It's no secret Brads in love with Swallow and Cunnington.

Players of immediate value I can consider them being interested in: Tarrant, Thompson, Jacobs, Atley, Clarke, Durdin, McKay

Potential value: Mullet, Daw, Garner, Wagner, Mc Kenzie, Wagner, Preuss, Black.

Besides Mullet and maybe Daw, those are the only two I think members could ideally be ok with seeing traded

Last edited:
Yep. A fully fit Swallow would still be our best midfielder though.

No doubt. Plays like his brother except he has good skills and a burst of speed. Had a very good year up there when he won their bnf in 2014, unfortunately he hasn't been able to get on the park since.

Last edited:
Yep. Says to himself "Right, if I'm leaving that does it, I'm out of here!"
A simple like, 'LOL,' or a 'HAHAHA' wouldn't do justice to my response to this post.

Excellent stuff, Kimbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back