Recommitted David Swallow

Remove this Banner Ad

How many players have walked out on a club and not got to where they wanted?
In the past close to none but with the expansion sides having billions of picks I think you may see it more. GWS have set the bar by rightly holding up McCarthy and wouldn't surprise me if the Suns do the same to Swallow

How many players have walked out on a club and not got to where they wanted?

For various reasons, a non-complete list:

Mitch Brown.
ROK.
Mitch Clark.
Cam McCarthy.
Josh Caddy.
Nick Stevens.

Some re-signed with their club, some went to a different club to the one they nominated, some sat out a year of football. Fair spectrum of results.

In the past close to none but with the expansion sides having billions of picks I think you may see it more. GWS have set the bar by rightly holding up McCarthy and wouldn't surprise me if the Suns do the same to Swallow
GWS just gave pick 3 away for McCarthy. Not sure that is a great example.

GWS just gave pick 3 away for McCarthy. Not sure that is a great example.
Sometimes the ends justifies the means. They have now hopefully set an example that players cant just sign a contract and walk away 5 minutes later. I'm sure 1 pick won't hurt the Giants.
Was chatting with my old man last night and he has had plenty of dealings with Cochrane through motor sport over the years and one thing he said was that he doesn't bluff and he is ruthless. Absolute prick of a bloke and he wouldn't be surprised if the Suns follow through with their threats of anyone who tries to walk. They have to stop the bleeding somehow

The place needs repairing. It needs to be a place people want to be at. I think Eade and others have gone some ways this year at addressing the culture, but maybe there are still some areas for improvement

The attitude of Cochrane isn't helping in creating a holistic club culture, all pulling in one direction. Business management 101 stuff.

Last edited:
I've not seen anything fro Swallow that suggests more than "meh" so if North want to throw a first at them, Rocket would drive him to the airport
Really?
Must admit I havnt see tons of him but he has been great every time I have watched

I've not seen anything fro Swallow that suggests more than "meh" so if North want to throw a first at them, Rocket would drive him to the airport

I think when a player is out so long, not only does it diminish their value but you kind of forget their level of pay. Swallow wasnt the number one draft pick for nothing and im pretty confident in saying that if he ever gets over his injuries and back to full fitness, he is capable of pulling out an all-australian year. Would be best twenty two in nearly every side of the comp when fully fit and if that doesnt say 'first rounder' i dont know what does

Nah, he's like his brother. Adequate at most things with no stand out features
Fair enough, I must of only seen him play his few exceptional games because I thought he looked all class but as I've I said, probably only seen about a dozen of his games

It was reported on Saturday that several Suns players took offence at Cochrane’s outspoken stance — most notably David Swallow who was said to be questioning his future at the club.

However coach Rodney Eade said the reports were inaccurate and designed to destabilise the club.

“It is a pity someone threw David under the bus,’’ he said.

“David is embarrassed by it all, David wants to stay, he has told us that four or five times now.

“Obviously someone has an agenda to throw the cat amongst the pigeons.’’

nice one, healey/herald sun. wonder what possessed them to make that stuff up. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nice one, healey/herald sun. wonder what possessed them to make that stuff up. :rolleyes:
It seems to be Jon Ralph that is making this rubbish up. It's good to see Swallow commit to the club. Hopefully he'll win another club champion next year at the club!

It seems to be Jon Ralph that is making this rubbish up. It's good to see Swallow commit to the club. Hopefully he'll win another club champion next year at the club!
not the first time he's made up some crap about us. put out an article about saad & day putting off contract talks, 1 week later saad re-signs. a few months later, day does as well. got myself blocked from him on twitter after that one. :D

Sometimes the ends justifies the means. They have now hopefully set an example that players cant just sign a contract and walk away 5 minutes later. I'm sure 1 pick won't hurt the Giants.
Was chatting with my old man last night and he has had plenty of dealings with Cochrane through motor sport over the years and one thing he said was that he doesn't bluff and he is ruthless. Absolute prick of a bloke and he wouldn't be surprised if the Suns follow through with their threats of anyone who tries to walk. They have to stop the bleeding somehow
Cochrane will have close to zero input in regards to who they trade and what they will accept as compensation, it simply isn't his role within the club. It's all bluff and bluster.

Wish I could just make s**t up for a living and then when it doesn't come off not be held accountable just move on to the next BS I feel like making up

Looking at you Barrett, Healey, Ralph etc
I'm hearing you. Now that our dramas are fading into the distance the vultures have moved to the next target

DaviSWallow is 100 percent staying nothing to see here, spoke to him on Saturday night he is very much part of the Suns core group going forward

Wish I could just make s**t up for a living and then when it doesn't come off not be held accountable just move on to the next BS I feel like making up

Looking at you Barrett, Healey, Ralph etc

The inference appears to be that Swallow's manager has spread things, as he also manages O'Meara (I believe?) and is obviously annoyed at how that has gone.

How so, he is contracted for next year so the Suns hold all the cards.
They get a decent trade for him or he sits in the NEAFL for a year
Not really he walks out next year as a free agent we lose nothing but some salary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back