David Teague appointed Carlton coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting stuff.

Assuming Ratten gets the Saints...what are the odds of 3 successful Caretaker Coach appointments in 1 season?

We’ve had less than 5 get the gigs over the last 20 years odd haven’t we?

Roos, Wallace, Leppitsch, Harvey

Probably forgetting someone of note.
Ratten at Carlton after Pagan. And with a losing record as interim coach there if I'm not mistaken

Makes Chris Judd's comments looking fairly silly. Prehaps next time he will stay quiet.

Judd has stated his comment was taken way out of context, and Judd is part of the board that made the appointment.

Prehaps you're not as clever as you think.

Nah it's true, my sources confirmed it.
Yeah mine too. My sources also tell me that Bombers are offering big bucks to Clarko over the last few days. But offer didn’t get passed on to him as his manger knows that he is person with strong values so it would be a waste of time.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rhyce Shaw and David Teague tick, next will be Brett Ratten. Too big a odds that all will be successful.

I'll bet my left testicle that towards the end of next season one of them will have crashed and burned and will be under immense pressure to maintain their position.
Shaw if i was a betting man.

Looked out of his depth Sunday.
Tigers form has been good and with a minute to go we were 16pts down...

8CB42E43-2C20-404F-92D0-087EB431E63F.png

If that’s out of ones depth what’s your thoughts on the coaches of the teams in that list?

So he comes in and stops playing the kids in pivot positions ... restores the old guard ... plays the veterans to get instant improvement..
what a genius ....I’m mean no one could have done that ... Not even Bolton.

To be fair, there is a bit more to it then that. Players in general are performing better under him. Silvagni is a prime example of someone who just looked lost under Bolton. Now he looks like a legitimate player.

To be fair, there is a bit more to it then that. Players in general are performing better under him. Silvagni is a prime example of someone who just looked lost under Bolton. Now he looks like a legitimate player.

Not to mention our style of play has completely changed...just a nuffie comment by nut to take an uneducated pot shot at Carlton.

From 1-10 this season to 5-4, with 2 losses by under a goal and the other 2 by 4 goals to the premiership favourites WC & Richmond...that's a pretty good form line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back