David Teague appointed Carlton coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to the Baggers...........seems like he can Coach.

Was Ratten even interviewed?

Ratten will be great for the Saints. Blues supporters will always have a soft spot for him as we didnt treat him well.

If they go for Scott I hope he comes back as a senior assistant

So that is a no to the interview?

Congrats to the Baggers...........seems like he can Coach.

Was Ratten even interviewed?
Not sure his relationship with carlton is the best given that he's a very good coach and we sort of ruined his career.

If he was an assistant somewhere where the head coach was stable he would have been worth a look but he's probably gonna walk into the saints role now.

Not sure his relationship with carlton is the best given that he's a very good coach and we sort of ruined his career.

If he was an assistant somewhere where the head coach was stable he would have been worth a look but he's probably gonna walk into the saints role now.

Look I think you guys made the right decision but it’s a bit disingenuous not to interview him after Clarko’s endorsement.

Once again it seems like the “Carlton Mafia” making the final decision.

Makes Chris Judd's comments looking fairly silly. Prehaps next time he will stay quiet.

Actually feel for Judd, cant believe I just typed that lol. He had the belief IMO that Carlton would follow due diligence in there next coach. Be aggressive in truly finding the right coach to take them forward but what do they do ? They get seduced by a few wins and because Teague gets on well with the players and the feral masses are screeching for him, cause lets be honest, they have not seen consistent wins in years....they appoint him.

I still cant believe they only interviewed one other candidate. The club has not changed. A blind man can see that wins at the end of the year, easily mask serious issues, happens all the time, yet they ignore it and buckle. It reeks of our error when we appointed Geishen. Cant wait to see how it plays out :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't help but think some new coach bump, positive variance has shone the lightly favourably on the three assistants. Can't help but think if Ratten is also hired, all three clubs will still be in the bottom 6 next year.

Look back through a history of interim coaches and their results...you're talking as if all of them end with positive records when actually a lot of them lose the vast majority of games.

Bit surprised at this, they've obviously had a change of mind since Judd's appearance on FC. Perhaps their #1 plan fell through. At least they'll start with the supporters on board, which might not have been the case with e.g. Brad Scott.

Carlton hasn't traditionally been an 'old coach' club, recent failures under Pagan and Malthouse notwithstanding. It shows faith in their ability to chart their own course, rather than looking for the answers from outside.

Actually feel for Judd, cant believe I just typed that lol. He had the belief IMO that Carlton would follow due diligence in there next coach. Be aggressive in truly finding the right coach to take them forward but what do they do ? They get seduced by a few wins and because Teague gets on well with the players and the feral masses are screeching for him, cause lets be honest, they have not seen consistent wins in years....they appoint him.

I still cant believe they only interviewed one other candidate. The club has not changed. A blind man can see that wins at the end of the year, easily mask serious issues, happens all the time, yet they ignore it and buckle. It reeks of our error when we appointed Geishen. Cant wait to see how it plays out :)
We certainly haven't had a good coach since ratten who we appointed with the same process, only teague's performance as caretaker has been much better.

people don't love teague because he's a good bloke or because he says all the right things in interviews. They love him because what does works. getting rid of that for a big name is exactly what old carlton would have done.

Look I think you guys made the right decision but it’s a bit disingenuous not to interview him after Clarko’s endorsement.

Once again it seems like the “Carlton Mafia” making the final decision.
maybe ratten heard the phone ring, looked down and saw that it was carlton, put it on silent and said * them and went about his day. Wouldn't blame him.

Decision massively driven by supporter hysteria and pressure. Smart move by Blues brains trust. If it fails supporters can’t blame the club as it would be hypocritical in the highest order. The supporters should have let it taken its due course quietly and patiently.
No.

Inside word from multiple posters in the know is that everyone in and around the club has been massively impressed with Teague.

I'm happy for the guy. He must've known he wasn't their preferred candidate. Just kept working hard and letting his results speak for themselves.

Everyone i know who's ever crossed paths with him have nothing but positive things to say. He's smart, focused, friendly, engaging, caring, just an all round good bloke. I'll be honest, it's gonna be hard to fully hate the blues, at least not while he's coaching anyway. All the very best, David. Go well, young fella.

No.

Inside word from multiple posters in the know is that everyone in and around the club has been massively impressed with Teague.
But everyone in and around the club don't have a clue (see previous 20 years). So theoretically they maybe more likely to strike head coaching gold with someone they are universally unimpressed by.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back