News David Teague - Training wheels OFF

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolton's coaching the long game was always going to test, push and ultimately break the nerve of stakeholders - just as a government will always struggle to propose, sell and implement any big infrastructure policy that runs longer than a term of government - it leads to a short-sighted, short-term mentality - bolts fell on his sword the moment he played the long suit and we should thank him all the way to 17.........huge professional sacrifice by the man.......

bolton's coaching the long game was always going to test, push and ultimately break the nerve of stakeholders - just as a government will always struggle to propose, sell and implement any big infrastructure policy that runs longer than a term of government - it leads to a short-sighted, short-term mentality - bolts fell on his sword the moment he played the long suit and we should thank him all the way to 17.........huge professional sacrifice by the man.......

100%. Summed up perfectly for me :thumbsu:

Bolton seemed to want to play the kids in the midfield a lot more than Teague.
Murphy and Curnow playing in the midfield again will likely get us more wins, but development wise, what is better?

I just wish at times Bolton balanced the need to develop youth and also maintain a higher chance of winning by playing players in their best positions.

Bolton seemed to want to play the kids in the midfield a lot more than Teague.
Murphy and Curnow playing in the midfield again will likely get us more wins, but development wise, what is better?

I just wish at times Bolton balanced the need to develop youth and also maintain a higher chance of winning by playing players in their best positions.

if we dont win games the kids arent going to want to stick around, the members jump off, the sponsors drop off, we keep getting low paying crappy timeslots.

If Teague finishes off the season well then I think he'd be as good of an option as any.

All the coaches who have won flags recently have been first time coaches at their club. No one has won a flag as an incoming senior coach from another club since Malthouse in 2010. It's not necessary. You don't need a senior coach who knows everything and in all honesty I feel that senior coaches who have been in the game and feel they know everything is their downfall. Bring in a guy who knows they don't know everything and is willing to listen to those around him, that's the best coach IMO.

Everyone goes on about Clarkson and how good he is but he started with no more credentials than Teague has now. Currently he is in control of a team that is 15th and not that much ahead of us.

End of the day it comes down to your players and your ability to recruit them and whether you happen to be a decent manager of people.

I would much much rather we keep Teague and put a heap of good quality people around him than to sign up a Lyon or a Clarkson who are old knowalls and put a heap of second rate people around them because we have blown the budget to get them in.

Honestly, we are going to see if Teague can coach and all indications are that he can. Time will tell though. If he can then it's simple. Teague won't cost the earth and we can bring in high profile former players to work under him.

We could get this really right here or we could get this horribly wrong and I know we really need profile but if we get a good young senior coach who can coach and will listen and put the profile around him then that would be huge IMO.

I don't want a Roos who has been out of the game for ages and doesn't want to be a coach anymore. I want players who haven't been out of the game long to come in. Throw a heap at guys like Hodge. That's your profile right there.

Teague with a few guys with profile who can feed him ideas and what they see would be a great thing to have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not sure I like roos all care, no responsibility way of walking away from things with a bulging pocket.........

Yep and also, I dunno wether he still has ‘it’ all huff and puff and big ego, it’s all about him, I’m just not a fan

They were talking about Teague and Shaw on SEN earlier today.

Thought they made a good point when they said that with how our teams are playing, Shaw and Teague were currently putting lines through other applicants. Any other highly rated assistant coach or tried and failed senior coach would be getting lines through their names.

If North or Carlton want the best assistants, then we already have our men. Will only be if Carlton can land a experienced proven coach.

Have to agree with that. Unless we can get a Clarkson, Ross Lyon etc then Teague should be in the box seat (provided we keep this up)

Last edited:
Why Voss...

Not for us IMO maybe as a senior assistant

I'd be happy with Teague in charge especially in regards to his relationship/motivation/development of the players. Then have a gun matchday tactician as Senior Assistant.

Russell fully over all fitness/medical etc. Reserves needs to play the same as the Seniors

Time to go past one coach can do all. It's the group now that is so important

Personally I dont want Voss, but you get the point.

Not really.
One is the best coach in the game, if we could poach him, it's a no-brainer.
The other one is just another assistant, throwing his hat in the ring. Sure, he has some senior (failed) coaching experience, but that's not to say he'd be a better option than Teague.

Not really.
One is the best coach in the game, if we could poach him, it's a no-brainer.
The other one is just another assistant, throwing his hat in the ring. Sure, he has some senior (failed) coaching experience, but that's not to say he'd be a better option than Teague.

You are litterally missing the entire point of the post.

All they were trying to say is if we go down the untried coach route, then we already have our man. Teague has effictively put a line through all the other untried coaches.

Can't understand the hype about Roos...OK he won a premiership, so did Woosha why don't we go for him....we've shown we have the talent to beat top sides i.e Brisbane and Freo and get real close to others...is our game style a combo of Bolts and now Teauge which is finally beginning to show signs of being able to give us a chance against anyone...let's face it whoever they choose will be an educated guess at best......we've tried the big name highly reputed in MM and failed miserably in every sense.. next we went for the untried unproven never played AFL at the highest level beginner in BB and it failed miserably in terms of wins and losses but not in terms of rebuilding the list....Teague fits in the middle somewhere, played at the highest level and had some success as an assistant coach.....give him a go the rebuild is just about there...he's as good a choice as anyone....

I didn't hear the radio, can only go from what you wrote.
And that is exactly what I wrote. But you read Voss name and saw red, and got fixated on that rather than what it was about.

Was just throwing out examples of experianced coaches.

Edit - I meant to write Ross (as in lyon but had a brain fart). Once again just examples of experianced coaches rather than who I want or think.

Edit edit- VOSS would fall under tried and failed senior coaches that teague has put a line through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back