News David Teague - Training wheels OFF

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Teague gets the job it's just as important who we support him with. Amos must stay IMO. I'd really like to see a great developer take over at the Northern Blues.

Then we need a "Coaches Coach" or a Mentor. Someone that keeps them on track when things get tight or tough. Not tactics but to keep them balanced, calm and doing what they do best. Reminds them what they do well.

Who does Teague trust or look up to? Neil Craig?

Not a mentor.
But for those who watch Billions, he needs a Wendy.

I do wonder sometimes (have done so for many years) why the main coach also has to be the game-day tactical coach.

Would have we done better with Bolton regimenting routines through the week and allow Teague to coach on game-day?

Will there come a day when the two can co-exist.....for the greater good?
Yes, it seems to be something that Roos advocates. It's difficult not to fore-see disharmony between weekday/match day coach though don't you think? I'm just not sure how well it would work in reality unless the 2 coaches are totally on the same page. Look at the vast difference between Teague as a forward line coach under Bolts, and now, when he has the reins. And ask yourself if we would want a coach who does not possess game day savvy.

Last edited:

On gameday a few mins ago Lethal mentioned he wouldn't mind a role mentoring/assisting Teague.
Interesting thought. Would certainly be preferable to Roos. Lethal and Diesel in the background as well.... I like the chemistry
What it also says is just how good our team looks to everyone else. This is unprecedented! :D :carlton:

Yes, it seems to be something that Roos advocates. It's difficult not to fore-see disharmony between weekday/match day coach though don't you think? I'm just not sure how well it would work in reality unless the 2 coaches are totally on the same page. Look at the vast difference between Teague as a forward line coach under Bolts, and now, when he has the reins. And ask yourself if we would want a coach who does not possess game day savvy.

Not at all if the proper hierarchy is place with a Football Manager overseeing and directing coaches, and List Managers.
Have put that idea forward in more detail elsewhere, as best not to pollute things in this thread.

Teague knows where he is right now, but I wonder whether he'd move off should we appoint a coach other than him?

Not at all if the proper hierarchy is place with a Football Manager overseeing and directing coaches, and List Managers.
Have put that idea forward in more detail elsewhere, as best not to pollute things in this thread.

Teague knows where he is right now, but I wonder whether he'd move off should we appoint a coach other than him?
It does sound a bit complicated Harker, to my ears anyway.
But mainly, I think at this point Teague looks very capable of managing the whole shebang. Divvying things up might well be doing him a disservice.

I do wonder sometimes (have done so for many years) why the main coach also has to be the game-day tactical coach.

Would have we done better with Bolton regimenting routines through the week and allow Teague to coach on game-day?

Will there come a day when the two can co-exist.....for the greater good?

I may be wrong here but didn't Parko try something like this in his last season with Brittain?

I've wondered about that as well and I guess it would depend who was appointed.

He's done the supposed impossible. Apparently no coach would get wins, especially with our outs...

Teague has about as much chance of getting the job, as I have of winning Mr Congeniality on this forum. How hard was it for Judd to just say we are looking at everyone...end of story. Whatever he says now is just bulltish.
Carlton has learned nothing in the past 19 years....absolutely nothing...The Board are stuck in the 80's.
Richmond: Damien Hardwick
West Coast: Adam Simpson
Dogs: Luke Beveridge
Geelong: Chris Scott
Sydney: John Longmire
All teams that won Premierships with former assistant coaches.

How many experienced coaches are there? Scott, Ratten, Roos (God no, please no) Voss, Lepetisch, Richardson.
Pretty obvious that whatever happens, $$ Roos will be involved making sure he leaves with a truck full of money.
How has it turned out for Melbourne?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The win in Sydney has to count for something.

So does the win in Perth.

If our form line continues it will be interesting to see what the club says if they don't employ him.

The way I see it, we have to beat saints and sun's at a minimum .. If we can do that he should get the job

Last edited:
Carlton going crap. Media harp on about the coach.
Carlton going okay. Media harp on about the coach.

Looking forward to the day it isnt about the coach.

Though I guess it is a positive that we rate high enough to be newsworthy over nothing.
I don't think it's a coincidence we have started winning games since Teague took over.

The win in Sydney has to count for something.

So does the win in Perth.

If our form line continues it will be interesting to see what the club says if they don't employ him.

The way I see it, we have to beat saints and sun's at a minimum .. If we can do that he should get the job
After listening to Judd last night, I am more convinced Teague will probably coaching at another club next season.

After listening to Judd last night, I am more convinced Teague will probably coaching at another club next season.

I don't think that at all.

I suspect that we are waiting on Clarkson and if that doesn't pan out we hire Teague.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back