News David Teague - Training wheels OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Teague had Adelaide's forward line playing really attractive team-first footy - had the players to pull it off, of course. Hoping that's the mandate he's being given with us. Get the guys having fun, and enjoying eachothers successes on field. Thinking back to something that came out of Richmond's flag year - recall some of their players crediting a change in mindset from playing set roles, to each player doing what they do well. If their strength was chasing and tackling, do that well. If their strength was taking big marks, do that well. If their strength was running their opponent ragged, do that well. I think that needs to be where we're at for a while - let the players re-learn what weapons that have that make them an AFL footballer, and then structure the 22 in a way that best uses those weapons.

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Interesting choice, our forwardline is an absolute shambles.

Still, good luck and all the best David!

Agree with all of this.

Hard not to look at the forward line often and wonder
"how can every single player be out of position?" or
"why are we making no use of our clear strengths?" or
"being a rebounding defender against Carlton must be the sweetest gig in the AFL!"

But maybe, uhh.... maybe that wasn't on Teague.

Who effin knows.

Hope he does his job well and starts to turn this shmozzle around.

PostPaolo

All Australian
Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
If Mitch McGovern can't find his feet with Teague at the helm I'll have some fears over how he'll be long-term here.

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
If we have any respect for what Bolts has done and what he has given this club, we'll honour his request and support the players and Teague.

Sure, our forward line has been bang average, but head coach is a different thing altogether. Let's give him a chance before casting him out.

rezzi

Senior List
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Wait and see before I judge, but our forward line went 4.8 yesterday...not sure how I feel tbh fam.

Benaly28

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Don’t think just cause we change coach that we will magically all of a sudden start winning.Hopedully Teague brings a breath of fresh air and releases some of the shackles with the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back