News David Teague - Training wheels OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArseClown

Kicks on both sides
Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Yep. At the end of the day you can get the piece of paper, know all the theory, and then fail as a coach, because you just dont have the ability to assess and make important decisions and change of direction when you need to. That is instinct. Just like players- you need good instincts. Coaching is a hard caper, with many moving parts. no amount of preparation as a coach can tell you exactly what to do and when.
Today Teague knew what to do- it was a no brainer- let the players take the game on, release the shackles- he had nothing to lose. Well done DT.
The big challenge will be to ensure that he can respond , when the other teams watch the tapes and work out our new game plan

Yep, he opened the pens and let our battery hens go free range. It was a joy to see. Best day I’ve had at the football for a few years. Next week looms as a great test.

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Gibbons played half forward with some rotation in the second half. Not sure he was at a single centre bounce? Fisher was also largely played as a high half forward for the second and third quarters.

Between Cuningham, Fisher and Gibbons, they need only make up 1-2 midfielders within the structure on average. The more these two stay on the outside and calmly find or create space early on, the better they will be as the game goes on.

Makes a lot more sense in those roles than Gibbons as a defensive forward, Fisher in the centre bounces and Ed at half forward

Very easy to listen to.

Clearly the players think so too.

Needs a haircut.
Hate to be a contrarian, but I quite strongly disagree with this.:cool:
I reckon, on the contrary, my dear friend, our players should all grow their hair.:p let's lose the clean-cut a bit. Bring on the Samson, and a bit of 3-day growth. Out namby-pambies - in killers!!

Certainly was a refreshing approach to a presser, from Teaguey. No comment on BB, for me it was refreshing just in terms of the fact a lot of players and coaches tend to trot out the almost robotic cliches, and there was very little of that in this case.

Of course, it's probably a bit easier when you're a caretaker and there's not the same pressures, but still. Probably a bit of an insight into why he's so well liked generally.

MITSUHIRATO

All Australian
Jul 25, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I don’t want to go too hard too early on Teague on the back of a great first up performance but ... given the improvements we saw with players enjoying a more relaxed game plan (no over coaching), it leads me to ask have we gone too early in writing off players like Lebois, Garlett etc because they seemingly struggled under Bolton’s game plan?

I think the above would relish the run and carry fast football under Teague.

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
I don’t want to go too hard too early on Teague on the back of a great first up performance but ... given the improvements we saw with players enjoying a more relaxed game plan (no over coaching), it leads me to ask have we gone too early in writing off players like Lebois, Garlett etc because they seemingly struggled under Bolton’s game plan?

I think the above would relish the run and carry fast football under Teague.
Agree with you, apart from the players you mentioned, maybe there’ll be surprise with few other players too, Kennedy, Lang, Fasolo and other youngsters Stocker and TDK very exciting. But a game at the time. Next week is a big test.

Thread needs to be retitled

David Teague - Caretaker Coach

David Teague - Future Premiership Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back