News David Teague - Training wheels OFF

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it doesnt but if you have then perhaps it commands a higher level of respect than a coach that hasn't will get. Unequivocally. You could say thats unfair but it's just the way it is.
Add a flag as a player to the coaches cv and then in the trenches he has more chance of getting the required response because he can say trust me I've been there and done that.
don't think that is the case anyway. Our own Jack Worrall won three Premierships without playing ;)

You just have to have a good football brain to be a good coach

You are litterally missing the entire point of the post.

All they were trying to say is if we go down the untried coach route, then we already have our man. Teague has effictively put a line through all the other untried coaches.

Tend to agree, provided we keep playing the way we have been. On top of that:

- Scott is looking less appealing every week that North play well
- Teague just 'beat' Lyon not two days ago -- sure it's just one game but if I had to pick my preferred coach on the basis of that performance I know who it would be
- Clarkson has ruled himself out
- Longmire seems likely to either stay at the Swans or go to North

Who's left? Ratten, Voss, or a left-field option like Noble. Maybe Shaw if he doesn't get the gig at North.

If we get a few more wins and consistently play well each week for the rest of the year, it's going to take a lot of courage from the club to put that at risk by saying no thanks to Teague. But if we fall away, that might open the door to a Ratten or a Noble.

I’ve liked him from his first press conference. I’ve liked that he speaks naturally, but still calm and measured. I like that he has a game-day brain. I like that the players love him.

Three games don’t make a career but we could do so much worse, especially if we’re seriously looking at handing the keys to Brad Scott.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I also like (call me old fashioned) that players could look up his career highlights and see there’s never been anyone gutsier. My lord he went for it.

So when he says “have a crack son” he is speaking with credibility.

bolton's coaching the long game was always going to test, push and ultimately break the nerve of stakeholders - just as a government will always struggle to propose, sell and implement any big infrastructure policy that runs longer than a term of government - it leads to a short-sighted, short-term mentality - bolts fell on his sword the moment he played the long suit and we should thank him all the way to 17.........huge professional sacrifice by the man.......
This is like the longest post I’ve seen from you....ever

bolton's coaching the long game was always going to test, push and ultimately break the nerve of stakeholders - just as a government will always struggle to propose, sell and implement any big infrastructure policy that runs longer than a term of government - it leads to a short-sighted, short-term mentality - bolts fell on his sword the moment he played the long suit and we should thank him all the way to 17.........huge professional sacrifice by the man.......
I could've said it any better..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don't think that is the case anyway. Our own Jack Worrall won three Premierships without playing ;)

You just have to have a good football brain to be a good coach

That’s not exactly true, Jack Worrall had a fine football career playing for Fitzroy in the VFA during the 1880’s and early 1890’s (retiring from playing football in 1893) when that was the highest level of football you could play before the formation of the VFL in 1897.

That’s not exactly true, Jack Worrall had a fine football career playing for Fitzroy in the VFA during the 1880’s and early 1890’s when that was the highest level of football you could play before the formation of the VFL in 1896.
was there

Brendan Bolton never played AFL and thus didn't have the respect of the players. In addition, Brendan Bolton was way to rehearsed. Nothing came naturally and it was kind of fake.

His methods were not organic and didn't come from the heart. He had loss the players.

Teague is different given that everything he does seems organic and not rehearsed like Bolton was.

tenor.gif

I also like (call me old fashioned) that players could look up his career highlights and see there’s never been anyone gutsier. My lord he went for it.

So when he says “have a crack son” he is speaking with credibility.
had courage on a par with hunter - doesn't get any crazier.............

I tell you what Teague had just as many hanging off him in the marquee next to Princes Park that famous last game. All pressing their chests in.
Most of them weren't chaps though.
Managed to have a chat with him also. Very humble I thought. Real gentleman.

He's putting forward a good case to keep the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back