Universal Love David Teague

Remove this Banner Ad

I own my own mis-posts, this is a beauty from June 13:

dlb99 said:
Guys and gals, David Teague is very unlikely to be our 2020 coach.

Caretakers rarely get given the big gig, Paul Roos is the exception, not the rule.

I hope David Teague wins every game making him a real contender, but I doubt he will be selected.

Between then and now I changed my tune.

Teague has won me over due to:

- He is a very good match-day tactician, something we surely needed. Teague has caused stress for opposition coaches.

- He can give love (e.g Daisy fresh start after drinking incident), and a smack (dropping McGovern for unfitness) when needed

- The players respect this coach

- He appears to be involving his assistant coaches (something the predecessor did not do). Where are the complaints about John Barker now, or Brett Stanton? Note, I am not advocating keeping Barker, but BigFooty has gone quiet on Barker; maybe Bolts was the issue, not Barker. I had doubt on Barker and Stanton, but now maybe our assistant don't suck. Heck, I doubted Teague because our forward line sucked, but if the head coach doesn't take advice that is not the assitants fault. Teague is running a good coaching team now, emphasis on team.

- Teague media interviews and post-game press conferences are a marked improvement from what we have had this decade (with the last 2 coaches), represents the club very well

- He is coaching to win games, positioning players to their strengths, something we also desperately needed (to attract Coniglio types)

- The fans, for the most part, are excited.

I wanted a Blake Caracella type as our coach.
As evidenced by Adelaide's 2017 forward form, and his interim stretch with us, I feel like Teague really has the goods, just as much as Caracella may have had. Adelaide wishes they had Teague coaching (2017 style) than Don Pyke (2018/2019 style).

I support this decision. Alternatives such as Ross Lyon, Michael Voss, Brad Scott had the potential to be retrograde steps compared with what Teague has shown us.

Let's improve, and lets win a damn premiership!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cain Liddell is impressive

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Loved his line at the finish especially for FA’s and trade targets.....

Carlton has:
Great playing list​
Doing well commercially​
Great supporter base​
Big crowds​
Well led and managed.​

The heavy lifting has been done.

If you were an assistant coach, player or administrator why wouldn’t you want to come to Carlton???

Just watching that presser, man have you got a good one there in Teague. Have loved what he's done, but seeing him speak today, he seems like a phenomenal person. So good to see you guys back on the up, and full steam ahead with the Teague train! My partner is a Blues supporter, but I converted her to Geelong as her second team. Have had a soft spot for you guys, but now looks like she can categorically say the same for me (in regards to Carlton being my second team) ;)

GO BLUES!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back