David Warner

Remove this Banner Ad

I just had an image of him being a celebrity contestant on The Block, backed up by Michael Slater conducting "tell-all" interviews on ACA and 60 Minutes as cross-promotion.
Appearing in the jungle on "Get Me out of Here I'm a Celebrity" eating spiders and fish guts.

Candy Warner, the most insincere out of all of this.
Judge-Judy-Shake-My-Head-Gif.gif

He should never have been vice captain. A hothead should never be anywhere near leadership. CA is the one, or whoever makes those decisions. Someone should have told him to pull his head in years back.
Think it was Crash Craddock who said they made him VC because they thought he would be easier to control with a title

Disastrous move

Better than in the old days when the wives and kids had to stay at home and the cricketers had a girl in every port. I think it's better on balance that they are able to travel with them now.
I've heard they travel with him 24/7, certainly better then the previous scenario but I wouldn't think that's ideal either . But if they felt that was best for them so be it

I think it's pretty disgusting what Candace has been subjected to but you can't control other people's actions only your own.

Whatever happened to that bit of sandpaper anyway? Was it retrieved from Bancroft's jocks or has it somehow mysteriously disappeared?

It has been retrieved and will feature during the summer series against India on Channel 9 as a must have piece of memorabilia. You can buy a piece of history for $399 unframed or $800 fully framed and autographed. if autographed by Warner those prices are subject to change.

The "Falzon" article is also in today's Herald-Sun. It's a big double-pager. Yes, it looks more like PR than a big scoop by the writer (Phil Rothfield)
Just another piece of poor advice......the intellect of this couple is baffling........

Can’t their “advisors” read the mood of the people....

It has been retrieved and will feature during the summer series against India on Channel 9 as a must have piece of memorabilia. You can buy a piece of history for $399 unframed or $800 fully framed and autographed. if autographed by Warner those prices are subject to change.

Just imagine if this happened 20 years ago when billy Birmingham was doing his 12th man stuff and the old commentary team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The easiest way to control him is to drop him if he misbehaves. That is player management 101 in sport.

If this was 2003, would of happened as we had heaps more talent to pick from. Just pick another equally as good batsman without the baggage.

Don’t have the same luxury this time, though he’s been a bit of a flat track bully aside from ensuring we didn’t lose the series in Bangladesh.

I'm far from Dave Warner's biggest fan but it feels like Robert Craddock has written about 50 articles about him. There's another crash masterpiece on Warner in news ltd papers. I get the history between the two but it feels like he's flogging a dead horse.

I'm far from Dave Warner's biggest fan but it feels like Robert Craddock has written about 50 articles about him. There's another crash masterpiece on Warner in news ltd papers. I get the history between the two but it feels like he's flogging a dead horse.
Plenty of niggle between the two apparently , but Warner just keeps giving Crash ammunition to write about

I would be amused if someone with Warner's voice sledged me. He sounds like a 15 year old from some shithole in Western Sydney.
Ha ha, I was gunna say. If there are any fanboys out there who have blinkered support for him because he plays for Aus, imagine how he'd be viewed if he was just some bogan playing club cricket in a local comp. :D Everyone one in the comp would hate his guts and wanna cave his head in, including most of his teammates. :p

He told Bancroft to do it and even gave him a ball tampering with sandpaper lesson according to the CA investigation findings.

And Bancroft just did it that very first time without question. Bancroft needed a lesson on how to use sandpaper?
1. Yes

2. Yes

Thirdly have you been living on Mars this past week?

I must have been. So let me return.
1. Australia have never ball tampered before and this is a one off.
2. Warner suggested Bancroft ball tamper.
3. Bancroft never having tampered before "sugar cough sugar" nor been exposed to the practice after years of 1st class experience needed a lesson on how to use sandpaper
4. Smith didn't know the exact details but was punished as captain.
5. Lehman and the rest of the team knew nothing.
6. Almost forgot Warner is the Mastermind of the whole scheme so has worn the most flak.

Right. Don't think it's been me on Mars if anyone believes this crap.

Apologies, thought it was a genuine question about what reportedly took place.

Genuine question is:

What specifically has Warner been suspended for? Anyone know what aspect of the findings, investigation etc led to his name been put forward? Because as it originally stood Warner was not even mentioned.

Unless Smith's leadership group mention was Warner had been ball tampering with the bandages all series then when scrutinised handed over to Bancroft.

Genuine question is:

What specifically has Warner been suspended for? Anyone know what aspect of the findings, investigation etc led to his name been put forward? Because as it originally stood Warner was not even mentioned.

Unless Smith's leadership group mention was Warner had been ball tampering with the bandages all series then when scrutinised handed over to Bancroft.

Well we can all draw our own conclusions. Obviously we don't know the full story and who knows how much more info will come out although I think there will be some more details revealed at some point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back