David Warner

Remove this Banner Ad

The only people with agendas is the fanboys who keep sticking up for him when the facts start outweighing the opinions of his career.

I'll post some of the article here.

Damning from Crash: ''The wounds from this issue will be deep and long-lasting. Players and coaches have turned against each other. Long term friendships are being smashed like a dropped glasses on a bar room floor. When Warner is banned there will not be a single tear shed in the offices of Cricket Australia where many of the high ranking staff cannot stand him. And they have never forgotten the way he taunted Cricket Australia during the pay dispute, showing a cringing lack of appreciation for what they had done for him and how they had tolerated his excesses. CA officials have also had enough of the bluff and bullshit around Warner’s public image.''

Crash then goes onto mention Warner's hypocrisy regarding Faf Du Plessis's ball tampering episode.

''Last summer he had a press conference claiming how disappointed he was in Faf du Plessis’s ball tampering and how disappointed he would be if it ever happened in the Australian side. A year later he is doing the deed himself. One minute he is being portrayed as The Reverend with a moral compass somewhere between Mother Teresa and the Pope. The next he is bombarding Quentin de Kock with offensive sledges until the South African finally cracks and goes below the belt. Cricket fans don’t mind rebels and they don’t mind do-gooders but they do struggle to accept it when they come in the one self-righteous, flip-flopping, two-toned package. Journalists who wrote stories about Warner being The Reverend became laughing stocks among players who would say things like “so you really think he has changed, do you?’’ Cricket Australia knew Warner’s style well when they made him vice-captain. Sometimes in life you get what you deserve.''

Article in full: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...tory/0f5141089bed7e50e51100dc4bec9b18?login=1

I'll post some of the article here.

Damning from Crash: ''The wounds from this issue will be deep and long-lasting. Players and coaches have turned against each other. Long term friendships are being smashed like a dropped glasses on a bar room floor. When Warner is banned there will not be a single tear shed in the offices of Cricket Australia where many of the high ranking staff cannot stand him. And they have never forgotten the way he taunted Cricket Australia during the pay dispute, showing a cringing lack of appreciation for what they had done for him and how they had tolerated his excesses. CA officials have also had enough of the bluff and bullshit around Warner’s public image.''

Crash then goes onto mention Warner's hypocrisy regarding Faf Du Plessis's ball tampering episode.

''Last summer he had a press conference claiming how disappointed he was in Faf du Plessis’s ball tampering and how disappointed he would be if it ever happened in the Australian side. A year later he is doing the deed himself. One minute he is being portrayed as The Reverend with a moral compass somewhere between Mother Teresa and the Pope. The next he is bombarding Quentin de Kock with offensive sledges until the South African finally cracks and goes below the belt. Cricket fans don’t mind rebels and they don’t mind do-gooders but they do struggle to accept it when they come in the one self-righteous, flip-flopping, two-toned package. Journalists who wrote stories about Warner being The Reverend became laughing stocks among players who would say things like “so you really think he has changed, do you?’’ Cricket Australia knew Warner’s style well when they made him vice-captain. Sometimes in life you get what you deserve.''

Article in full: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...tory/0f5141089bed7e50e51100dc4bec9b18?login=1

Meh, CA are w***ers, not too fussed about them.

Fair point on the hypocrisy though - Warne, for all his failings, never pretended to be anything other than a ******* loose cannon who love getting amongst it... and that’s why we loved him.

You know, Warner's updated autobiography might actually be semi-interesting to read now.

Even just to see precisely how many people he dumps in the poo if he ends up being the fall guy as we all suspect he will be.

You know, Warner's updated autobiography might actually be semi-interesting to read now.

Even just to see precisely how many people he dumps in the poo if he ends up being the fall guy as we all suspect he will be.

If ever a book needs to be ghost written, his autobiography does

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the feeling none of the Australian players are very bright, I rate S Marsh and Paine, but beyond that I don’t feel the characters of our cricket team are very intelligent nor mature. Mitchell Marsh looks to have improved however. Khawaja I am not sure about yet.

Michael Clarke had his faults as a captain, but I felt her learnt from the old guard very well, and did hold the integrity of the game in high regard. Prior to that our captains were made of tough stuff. Really tough stuff.

The inability for these players to remain focused, out of the spotlight, and united as a group has taken full effect in SA. The entire series has been a debacle. The fallout from this will be serious, and whilst Smith remains in the side as a player, Warner must never be near a baggy green again.

He still continues to amaze me. Drinking champagne with non cricket mates in the hotel, his own teammates genuinely pissed off with him. The man hasn’t even come out to make a statement. Nothing. Bancroft was up there detailing the events of what happened. It’s almost as if Warner wants to sit back to watch what unfolds whilst plotting his defence once the admission of guilt has been made by his teammates.

The only way he can redeem himself is if he goes back to NSW and makes thousands of runs over 12 -24 or so months.

Whoever was not embroiled in this I feel sorry for. It’s also pretty evident that Lehmann was well in the loop re this incident. Handscombe is guilty as the next bloke. I refuse to believe Warner wasn’t involved. I’ll be surprised if he wasn’t.

On that note, seeing as the media is seemingly fixating on Warner as the punching bag for the saga going forward, I legitimately hope the guy has decent people around him in his personal life. Last thing a guy with a history of issues with alcohol needs is to run out of reasons to stay reasonably sober.

Couldn’t give a s**t about him. Had heaps of chances, been covered for at every turn, can become the town drunk for all I care

I dislike Davey more than most but can't help but feel Warner is being thrown under the bus here. I am sure the whole team is in on it.

I agree with half of that, he’s being thrown under the bus it would seem but I don’t think everyone was in on it. I’m guessing they assumed it was the usual sweets, sugar etc stuff going on

Journalist Robert Craddock has detailed the simmering bad blood between David Warner and the bowling group, led by Mitchell Starc, over claims of who knew what about the tampering.

Speaking on The Back Page Live, Craddock revealed the extent of the discontent. “There’s been an extraordinary development. Basically David Warner has gone rogue. He’s taken himself off the team WhatsApp and he’s had a major falling out with the fast bowlers, including Mitchell Starc,” Craddock said.

“It’s on two fronts. The first is that they believe he has given evidence to the integrity commissioner that they knew about the ball tampering. And the second is that there’s been a story published on the Channel 9 website today which quotes an “unnamed source” saying that the bowlers knew about the ball tampering.

“They (Australia’s bowlers) are blistering, to the point where I understand where one of the bowlers is thinking about approaching team management and saying ‘get him off the tour’.

The leadership group is Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazelwood, captain and vice-captain. And I know for a fact that Starc is blistering on it. As I said, one of the players is contemplating seeing the management and saying ‘get him off the tour now’ in the expectation that Warner will be banned tomorrow when the penalties are handed down.
“It’s a major blow-up, they’re not on talking terms. Warner’s been photographed in a bar by himself on tour and probably sums up the isolation of the issue.

“I’m asking myself whether Warner can ever play in this team again because the bad blood is staining every possible relationship.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...e/news-story/11af43019ade182ec6797537d551459c

Ok back to his performance as a batsman. I have some questions for those who follow the game more closely than I:

Did Warner have to change to a smaller bay after all the Sep 2017 rule changes?

If yes, what are his stats since then, and has there been any qualitative difference in his strokeplay?

No, was crap in India last year where I was angry at him for cricketing reasons alone.

He bailed us out in Bangladesh however

Remove this Banner Ad

Back