David Warner

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, the general noise is that Warner walks straight back into the side.

Personally I never want to see the little tool represent Australia again, but what is the consensus view?
I think it depends, really. On the test front, he and Smith will definitely be in the Ashes squad but if the top six do well against Sri Lanka in this series and again in the Australia vs Australia A game before the Ashes, then they might have to wait. Very unlikely though, surely someone will be injured, not make runs, etc. (Bancroft will have a few Shield games to make his case.)

For the ODIs, again, they'll both be in the squads as soon as they are fit and ready. I suspect this will be an easier selection, cos we suck in ODIs.

Look, I was and remain a supporter of the bans. But once they have done their time, they are free to return. Just like the WSC players did, and the rebel South African tourists did, and post-drugs ban Warne did.

So you would prefer we abandon the ideal of selecting Test teams based on ability and the best 11 players available? The past 9 months have shown us how well that works.
Ideally, you pick your best players, but disharmony can bring a team down (look at my football team of choice) so sometimes talented players can and do miss out for good cause. That said, I expect Warner to come back in.

How many runs will Davey score in India/England. Im going with sub 100 in India and sub 200 in England (in the test series)

less than 50 runs

take it to the bank
Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

How many runs will Davey score in India/England. Im going with sub 100 in India and sub 200 in England (in the test series)
India, almost guaranteed to be 8 innings, so maybe 150 runs all up.

He might knock up a few at The Oval, so possibly the higher 200s. 250-300 depending on Oval score and number of innings. (I'm not expecting Australia to win by an innings at any point, just washouts)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously hope he can score some runs this tour, but if he has a bad one, how are you picking him for the Ashes? Should’ve retired after the Sydney test.

Obviously hope he can score some runs this tour, but if he has a bad one, how are you picking him for the Ashes? Should’ve retired after the Sydney test.
I wouldn't have picked him for India or the Ashes - except maybe just to play at The Oval. If the track isn't fast and true, he's always been pretty much rubbish. A couple of innings in the UAE and South Africa aside, many years back.

please please retire

averaging 26 in 24 innings and averaging 19 if the "heroic" innings where two centuries and three half centuries were knocked up on a flat track

Last edited:
Going by this form guide, he'll get a double ton in Delhi which will win him player of the series. Be patient folks.
Fl7-4MvaAAYnHQX

I honestly thought someone had mocked this up... but then I looked it up. WTAF.
Even including that 200 he has averaged under 30 for his last 31 innings.

one century and four 50s.

15 scores 10 or less (inc one*)

If his brain was as cooked as his batting he'd have his own highly popular Telegram channel ranting about Bill Gates, the WEF and Chem Trails.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back