David Wirrpunda 's Injury

• Thread starter GoEagles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

G

GoEagles

So far from what I've heard, David Wirrpunda is likely to be out for the rest of the season with stress fractures in his legs (similar to what James Hird had)

I think if his season was able to continue he would of been a very high brownlow medal chance - what does everyone else think on this.

This kid is an absolute gun and he is one of those players as a supporter of another club it is a pleasure to sit back and watch his skills. I personally hope to see him back to full fitness as soon as possible

Cheers

Gonzo

Shane Crawfod had a similar injury (as that of james Hird) and has manged to play more in the last few years, so don't assume Wirpunda will follow James' pattern (nothing against Hird, It must be a physiological thing)

Stress fractures are all not the same??
Hird has had operations to repair the damage (has crawford) so are we saying hird is faking it?
idiot!!

Absolute tragedy about Wirrapunda, boy the kid's had some bad luck.

Hey pissamistake your a dickhead. Hird had a CRONIC stress fracture of the navicular bone in his foot, you idiot. Hird was only the 5th person in the country to have the problem. Don't bad mouth champions without facts.

Your anti-Essendon bias is only surpassed by that looney Geelong4eva.

STICK IT UP 'EM HIRDY

Sorry can't read minds. The other anti -essendon posts by Pussimistic must have clouded my judgment BA

Hey, I can rev you guys up while not even trying !

I did think my note could be seen as inflammatory thats why I mentioned I didn't think It was Hirdys fault. Shane seems to heal quickly (maybe he's 'faking' it !)

But Shane's problem was described as 'stress fractures' as is Wirrpundas. I'm saying that David's recovery may be more like shane's than james'

By the way I posted somewhere that Essendon's display on monday confirmed for me that they are the real deal, especially as the others are so even at the moment.

I've heard three months on the sidelines
frown.gif

I dont know if you know this, but Wirra's had the problems since he was born. The middle section of his foot, is actually wider than his toes and heel (they look pretty funny actually). His feet are also really flat. A consequence of this is that his shins "twist" (his word -not mine) when he runs, and that's what causes his shin splints and now stress fracture. The Eagles thought that his 'soreness' could be managed after his last major operation, but not any more.

Obviously we're all devestated, but the doctors found the fracture at an early stage, and they're confidant he'll make a full recovery pretty quickly. I really hope so, since he is so important to our team, not to mention that he's faced way more than enough adversity for 20 year old.

BTW/ Can I just say how nice it is to see supporters of other teams so concerned about Wirra. Thanks alot guys
smile.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back