Davis Cup 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do they go past 1-2am every day? Can't they start earlier?
It's literally 3.30am in Madrid and the USA v Italy are playing a deciding doubles. Pretty ridiculous

Any idea of what went on in doubles? One game was played, then the match ended.

Raonic and Shapovalov I'm guessing.

Raonic not playing (back injury).
Pospisil and Shapovalov. Pospisil has beaten Opelka and Fognini, Shapovalov has beaten Fritz and Berretini

I am sure it was an injury. Had nothing to do with the fact it was a dead rubber with nothing riding on it for us......
Yeh I think it was precautionary. I'm not worried about it
We have one less day to prepare than Canada which is a bit unfair

WTF. I could understand if they played Millman against Pospisil so Kyrgios got to play Shapovalov. Nick a much better chance of beating Shapovalov than AdM and Millman should have been a better chance against Pospisil. But I don't understand the logic here at all. Were they keeping Nick for the doubles?

Yeh definitely a weird decision from Rusty, if Nick wasnt injured.
NK was in great form and seems to thrive in the team environment

The scheduling is a bit unfair- the other 3 QFs are tomorrow and ours is today

My pick to win was Spain but might need to change that given Bautista has had to leave (family illness)

WTF. I could understand if they played Millman against Pospisil so Kyrgios got to play Shapovalov. Nick a much better chance of beating Shapovalov than AdM and Millman should have been a better chance against Pospisil. But I don't understand the logic here at all. Were they keeping Nick for the doubles?

Exactly this. But when I saw that Peers was named for doubles I couldn’t understand it! Also, Millman is rubbish after a break, always takes a few matches to hit top gear so not a good player to throw in cold.

Working now so can’t watch the doubles unfortunately.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m thinking one of Nick’s various injuries must have flared up, otherwise there can be no excuse for selecting Millman. Anyone see the doubles? Was Peers hampered by his elbow or wrist or whatever it was?

Did not expect us to win this but didn’t expect to depart like that either. Feel like we are the biggest flat track bullies going around in international sport these days. Talk big but fail to deliver.

Last edited:
Millman being 50 in the world is generous. Has been quite poor this season. Popyrin is a better fit.
Hewitt as captain is done hopefully. Too much ego and power mongering at play.

Millman being 50 in the world is generous. Has been quite poor this season. Popyrin is a better fit.
Hewitt as captain is done hopefully. Too much ego and power mongering at play.
Who should've played?

Wow. Bizarre decision not to play him even though he had an injury :rolleyes:
Well when I called it bizarre that wasn't known. Commentators were saying he was rested.

We got completely ****ed by the schedule. It's bullshit playing until after midnight then having to play again the next day

Harsh on Hewitt. Honestly Pospisil has been playing very well this week. I didn't think Millman played that badly

Well when I called it bizarre that wasn't known. Commentators were saying he was rested.
Yes. It was the right decision not to play an injured player. Glad we got that straight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back