Davis Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest this new format has pretty much made me lose all sort of interest in the Davis cup.

Yep, same here. It sucks so much because honestly it may of been my favourite competition in the old format. Some of my favourite tennis memories are some hostile away ties in South America (and usually losing them) or wins here at home.

Only watched because Kubler is a good story that he got into the team in the first place. He's had such a good season.

Demon will need to replicate his performance from the semi and I reckon he will. He played brilliantly against Cilic. Purcell just isn't ******* up and in great form, hopefully Thomo will play to his best. . Aussies will win 2/1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did watch the end of the doubles, Ebden & Purcell are such a good double pairing.

Again, we say it every time but watching it makes me miss the old format. Old format I would of been up all hours the night watching it. Now, meh....

This isn’t Davis Cup. Still can’t believe this is what it has come to.

Finland V Australia in the semi on Saturday morning.

You’d hope Novak is sore or exhausted from ATP finals. Italy have a good chance v Serbia in that semi.

INto the final.

yay...

havent played a home tie in years. God, I remember the 2003 Davis Cup. There were so many before that time as well. This should be huge. It isnt.
Don’t think teams can play home ties under the existing contract.
Centralised location with neutral support.

Pretty crap. Australia v potentially Serbia. All up to Sinner if he can beat Novak.

Really think they need to make it a once in 2 year event with home and away ties once more. Thats if they want the big players to play in it.

Always thought this was the solution. 2 ties a year. One after AO or before Indian Wells and one week after the US Open.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back