brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Australia hosts Bosnia & Herzegovina in the Davis Cup qualifier in Adelaide this weekend. It will be the first Davis Cup meeting between the two sides.

Under the new format, while it's still best of 5 rubbers, they're now best of 3 sets, and the tie is only over 2 days (2 singles rubbers Friday, doubles and 2 reverse single rubbers Saturday). I also believe the reverse singles can be called off if the tie is decided after 3 rubbers. It's also a later start to the ties with today's rubbers starting at 4:00pm and tomorrow starting at 3:00pm.

Some more info on the new format can be found via https://www.daviscup.com/en/news/299974.aspx

The schedule (decided by Mark Bickley kicking footy's from the top of the Riverbank Stand) is:

Friday
Millman v Dzumhur
De Minaur v Basic

Saturday
Peers/Thompson v Basic/Brkic
De Minaur v Dzumhur
Millman v Basic

The tie will be televised on Gem.

I'd expect Australia to win this in a whitewash.

https://www.daviscup.com/en/news/299707.aspx

Last edited:

Good win by John but the tie basically going as expected. Nice crowd given the circumstances.

I love the Davis Cup so i will still watch it but it's still will be a hollow watch come November....

Good win by John but the tie basically going as expected. Nice crowd given the circumstances.

I love the Davis Cup so i will still watch it but it's still will be a hollow watch come November....

I think not having a Davis Cup tie in Adelaide for 15 years (and not having a legitimate mens comp in Adelaide for a decade) has helped boost the attendance.

Had to go out so only saw the end of Alex’s match.

So far so good, hopefully wrap it up with the doubles tomorrow. I don’t think Peers and Thompson have played together before have they? :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back