Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phantom Draft top 50

1. GC - Matthew Rowell - Oakleigh - 178cm 73kg
2. GC - Noah Anderson - Oakleigh - 188cm 86kg
3. Melb - Caleb Serong - Gippsland - 178cm 83kg
4. Adel - Sam Flanders - Gippsland - 182cm 81kg
5. GWS - Tom Green - GWS A - 188cm 85kg (matched bid)
6. Syd - Dylan Stephens - Norwood - 183cm 69kg
7. Frem - Deven Robertson - Perth - 182cm 80kg
8. Melb - Brodie Kemp - Bendigo - 193cm 82kg
9. Frem - Liam Henry - Claremont - 179cm 67kg (matched bid)
10. Carl - Lachlan Ash - Murray - 186cm 80kg
11. Haw - Luke Jackson - East Fre - 199cm 94kg
12. Port - Fischer McAsey - Sandringham - 195cm 86kg
13. WB - Cody Weightman - Dandenong - 177cm 73kg
14. Geel - Hayden Young - Dandenong - 188cm 82kg
15. GC - Will Gould - Glenlg - 191cm 98kg
16. Bris - Trent Bianco - Oakleigh - 178cm 70kg
17. Geel - Jeremy Sharp - East Frem - 187cm 79kg
18. Port - Cameron Taheny - Norwood - 185cm 80kg
19. Rich - Cooper Stephens - Geelong - 188cm 83kg
20. GC - Will Day - West Adel - 187cm 70kg
21. Bris - Miles Bergman - Sandringham - 186cm 75kg
22. Haw - Finn Maginness - Sandringham - 187cm 80kg (matched bid)
23. Frem - Trent Rivers - East Frem - 188cm 85kg
24. Port - Jackson Mead - WWT - 184cm 83kg (matched bid)
25. Adel - Dylan Williams - Oakleigh - 185cm 79kg
26. Geel - Josh Worrell - Sandringham - 195cm 74kg
27. Syd - Mitch O'Neill - North Hobart - 181cm 70kg
28. NM - Kysaiah Pickett - WWT - 170cm 67kg
29. NM - Trey Ruscoe - East Fre - 190cm 90kg
30. Adel - Harry Schoenberg - WWT - 180cm 78kg
31. Ess - Elijah Taylor - Perth - 185cm 75kg
32. Syd - Brock Smith - Gippsland - 188cm 81kg
33. Ess - Charlie Comben - Gippsland - 199cm 82kg
34. Bris - Harrison Jones - Calder - 194cm 75kg
35. Coll - Josh Shute - Sturt - 187cm 73kg
36. Geel - Mitch Georgiades - Subiaco - 191cm 78kg
37. Adel - Callum Park - Glenlg - 188cm 67kg
38. Rich - Darcy Cassar - Western - 183cm 75kg
39. Rich - Dyson Hilder - Nth Adel - 196cm 91kg
40. GWS - Jack Mahony - Sandringham - 176cm 70kg
41. Rich - Malcolm Rosas Jnr - NT - 175cm 70kg
42. Carl - Jay Rantall - GWV - 184cm 82kg
43. Syd - Ryan Byrnes - Sandringham - 181cm 80kg
44. Adel - Karl Finlay - Nth Adel - 192cm 88kg
45. Haw - Riley Garcia - Swan Dists - 175cm 68kg
46. WCE - Sam De Koning - Dandenong - 200cm 85kg
47. NM - Darcy Chirgwin - Sandringham - 191cm 80kg
48. Bris - Flynn Perez - Bendigo - 187cm 82kg
49. Adel - Thomson Dow - Bendigo - 182cm 72kg
50. NM - Ned Cahill - Dandenong - 178cm 77kg
Is there a reason you have Hayden Young so late (14th)? Personally, I rate him top 5, and would go as far as considering him ahead of Anderson (although I know GC wouldn't dare pass on Anderson with Pick 2). Haven't seen a kick like that on any juniors kid ever, and despite his relatively lanky frame, he's an absolute wrecking ball in the contest

Extra rookie spots to play with now too.
If Gold Coast have the opportunity to rookie 3 players i would think Budarick, Rosas Jnr and Gore are the ones they would likely rookie imo.
My understanding, and it’s been much discussed on the Gold Coast board, is that have to prelist academy and Darwin zone kids straight to the senior list.

So need senior list spots for their draftees, plus prelisted kids.

Otherwise they have to nominate the rest of their academy kids for the draft, and hope they don’t get drafted, so these other academy kids (such as Gore, Oea, etc) then get automatically put on to the expanded rookie list.

GC will probably delist a couple of contracted players, those at the end of their depth chart, with the understanding that they’ll pick them up in the rookie draft (and possibly pray another club picks them up in the National Draft to ease their TPP).

This possibly the only way they can create 7 list spots this year. 5 for the draft, and two to prelist Buderick and Rosas.

Is there a reason you have Hayden Young so late (14th)? Personally, I rate him top 5, and would go as far as considering him ahead of Anderson (although I know GC wouldn't dare pass on Anderson with Pick 2). Haven't seen a kick like that on any juniors kid ever, and despite his relatively lanky frame, he's an absolute wrecking ball in the contest

i also think Young is better than 14, i just noticed that most clubs have their favourites and so i have him sliding a little and of course Geelong takes advantage of this like they always seem to do, but this is just a prediction, obviously things will be different on draft day, but it is interesting to see peoples reactions to these Phantom Drafts.

i also think Young is better than 14, i just noticed that most clubs have their favourites and so i have him sliding a little and of course Geelong takes advantage of this like they always seem to do, but this is just a prediction, obviously things will be different on draft day, but it is interesting to see peoples reactions to these Phantom Drafts.
Fair enough. As you said, it always does come down to individual clubs. We saw it last year with Carlton making the controversial play for Stocker, having rated him somewhere around 8th on their board, while most clubs allegedly had him closer to the 18-20 range.

I can definitely see him starting to slide if Melbourne and Adelaide pass him up early - really the only pick in there that would genuinely shock me in terms of individual selections is Stephens at Sydney's Pick 6. I personally rate Robertson and Kemp ahead of Stephens, and think both could be decent fits for Sydney (although they'd be looking for the bigger body than what Robertson offers).

In terms of the later selections (which are always the more interesting ones since they will vary wildly) I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on Mitch Georgiades (Geelong - 36) and why you have him relatively high? I like what I've seen so far, and have tried to follow along thanks to his dad's history at the Dogs, but have found many watchers don't even rate him to be in the main draft this year. Curious what you feel are his strongest points?

Fair enough. As you said, it always does come down to individual clubs. We saw it last year with Carlton making the controversial play for Stocker, having rated him somewhere around 8th on their board, while most clubs allegedly had him closer to the 18-20 range.

I can definitely see him starting to slide if Melbourne and Adelaide pass him up early - really the only pick in there that would genuinely shock me in terms of individual selections is Stephens at Sydney's Pick 6. I personally rate Robertson and Kemp ahead of Stephens, and think both could be decent fits for Sydney (although they'd be looking for the bigger body than what Robertson offers).

In terms of the later selections (which are always the more interesting ones since they will vary wildly) I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on Mitch Georgiades (Geelong - 36) and why you have him relatively high? I like what I've seen so far, and have tried to follow along thanks to his dad's history at the Dogs, but have found many watchers don't even rate him to be in the main draft this year. Curious what you feel are his strongest points?

he has been injured all year along with Flynn Perez, so i think people have forgotten them a little, i really liked what i saw of Georgiades at the 2018 champs, i think because of a lack of KPF's this year his value might rise, he is good in the air and a good kick for goal, he had played well without dominating in his underage year and then missed his draft year, i think a club looking for a KPF have no other options available than Georgiades, i think Harrison Jones is a developing tall, he is very raw and skinny, can go out of games, so you would be drafting Jones with an eye to building him up physically and hoping he can handle that, Jeka is a good all round option, but has trouble scoring goals which is an issue, then you have maybe a VFL/WAFL/SANFL option and thats about it for KPF's that i can think of.

eth-dog....Sokol (Subiaco) & Riccardi's (Werribee) chances of getting drafted this year?

Would you put them both up alongside of Partington as near certainties?
Sorry for the late reply, was on a self-enforced BF hiatus! Riccardi highly likely, hoping Essendon take him. Can't comment on Sokol, haven't seen enough of the WAFL

Anyone care to guess where Philp may go?

30-35?

36-40

41-45?

Any whispers?

he is more athlete than footballer, so who knows?, he has great speed and good endurance but is chaotic with possession from what i have seen, similar traits to Paddy Dow in a way, positives and negatives, not sure a club will go first round like Carlton did with Paddy Dow though... especially seeing as Paddy Dow isnt setting the world on fire in the AFL(Paddy Dow around 40 games averaging around 14 disp a game and upsetting carlton fans with his unreliable kicking).

he is more athlete than footballer, so who knows?, he has great speed and good endurance but is chaotic with possession from what i have seen, similar traits to Paddy Dow in a way, positives and negatives, not sure a club will go first round like Carlton did with Paddy Dow though... especially seeing as Paddy Dow isnt setting the world on fire in the AFL.

At this stage I reckon Carlton missed the boat with Dow but came up trumps with O'Brien.

Anyone care to guess where Philp may go?

30-35?

36-40

41-45?

Any whispers?
Hoping for 30-35. Or more specifically 31-33...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep. if cooper stephens is gone i see essendon going for philp and rantall
I'm meh on Rantall. Would rather see us reach for Riccardi

u17 Futures - All Star Game

Best Players:
1. Hollands
2. Bowey
3. Phillips
4. Gulden
5. Downie
6. Ford
7. Davies
8. L. Edwards
9. Collins
10. Crozier
11. Thilthorpe
12. O'Driscoll

mentions:
Durdin, Green, Carroll, Macrae, Maher, Western, Campbell, B.Coleman, Schofield, Jeffrey, McInness, N.Stevens, McDonald, Morris

Team Brown were stacked and won 102-61, very good game, there seems to be a lot of interstate talent which might make up for the lack of Victorian Talent next year? high level game and not many passengers which is a good sign, a few players impressed and a couple were a bit disappointing, but a good test of the talent for 2020 draft and a bit more insight into how they perform against a higher level of opposition.
I agree. But how did Campbell get BOG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back