Draft Watcher Davo-27's 2019 Draft Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Cooley is the one for me that probably won't get drafted but put up amazing numbers in the colts finals series.
I want him with one of our picks in the 60s

Lachlan Johnson I haven't heard squat about since the uproar that Essendon had rights over a Father/Son due to NGA
We have nominated him as a possible Father-Son selection so he must have chosen us over the Bombers has his preferred destination.... I don't think we'll pick him up though, Keidean Coleman, Noah Cumberland and probably Will Martyn our academy boys would be in front of Lachlan.

We have nominated him as a possible Father-Son selection so he must have chosen us over the Bombers has his preferred destination.... I don't think we'll pick him up though, Keidean Coleman, Noah Cumberland and probably Will Martyn our academy boys would be in front of Lachlan.
Listen to The Roar Deal Jason mp. We’ve only nominated him for rookie draft, if he gets picked in the national draft, he goes to which ever team as we can’t match.

there are 2 players i have a hard time knowing what they could be at the next level, i rate them similarly late options in the draft, but 1 of them has been getting more hype than the other, these 2 players are Sam Philp and Josh Honey, both are extremely quick and athletic on field, both have the unique ability to run out of a contested situation with room to get a clear kick and both shank those opportunities more often than not, they lack polish with decision making and the main skills of football like kicking and handballing, i rate them as being 50+ players you take a chance on because of their athleticism, but their football side is lacking a little, they are your more traditional athletes moreso than footballer which clubs like to experiment with.

Last edited:
there are 2 players i have a hard time knowing what they could be at the next level, i rate them similarly late options in the draft, but 1 of them has been getting more hype than the other, these 2 players are Sam Philp and Josh Honey, both are extremely quick and athletic on field, both have the unique ability to run out of a contested situation with room to get a clear kick and both shank those opportunities more often than not, they lack polish with decision making and the main skills of football like kicking and handballing, i rate them as being 50+ players you take a chance on because of their athleticism, but their football side is lacking a little, they are your more traditional athletes moreso than footballer which clubs like to experiment with.
Honey can absolutely burn the ball sometimes, his kicking needs massive work

top 14: Rowell, Anderson, Kemp, Serong, Flanders, Green, Robertson, D.Stephens, Jackson, Ash, Henry, Young, Gould, McAsey

15-24: Rivers, C.Stephens, Pickett, Taheny, Sharp, Bianco, D.Williams, Worrell, Ruscoe, Schoenberg

25-37: Maginness, Bergman, Weightman, Perez, Day, Georgiades, Mahony, Rantall, B.Smith, Mead, Taylor, Comben, Shute

38+: O'Neill, Finlay, Hilder, De Koning, Pasini, Cahill, Garcia, Chirgwin, Dow, Byrnes

47+: Delahunty, Cumberland, Gore, Kelly, Park(SA), Magor, Partington, Clark, Bryan, Butler, Cassar, Jones, Mott, Sharman, Sturgess, Carafa, Davies, D'Intinosante, Mellis, Stapleton, Pretty, J.Jackson, Prior, Thorne

players who i would like to see get a chance late: Parks(Syd A), Burgoyne, Pepper, R.Baldi, F.Phillips, Kuipers, Connolly, J.Chalcraft, Hanrahan, Andrews, Philp, Honey, Ralphsmith, Dean, McCormack, Rossiter, Yorke, Jamieson, O'Connor, Arn Cox, Warner, K.Coleman, Jeka, Bennell

i know a few are different to how the AFL Media rate them, but this is from my PoV.

also i have not seen enough second tier football this year to know enough about the VFL/SANFL/WAFL players, so i have omitted them from this tier list except Partington whom i rate as a decent squad player for an AFL team.

Last edited:
top 14: Rowell, Anderson, Kemp, Serong, Flanders, Green, Robertson, D.Stephens, Jackson, Ash, Henry, Young, Gould, McAsey

15-24: Rivers, C.Stephens, Pickett, Taheny, Sharp, Bianco, D.Williams, Worrell, Ruscoe, Schoenberg

25-37: Maginness, Bergman, Weightman, Perez, Day, Georgiades, Mahony, Rantall, B.Smith, Mead, Taylor, Comben, Shute

38+: O'Neill, Finlay, Hilder, De Koning, Pasini, Cahill, Garcia, Chirgwin, Dow, Byrnes

47+: Delahunty, Cumberland, Gore, Kelly, Park(SA), Magor, Partington, Clark, Connolly, Bryan, Butler, Cassar, Jones, Mott, Sharman, Sturgess, Carafa, Davies, D'Intinosante, Mellis, Stapleton, Pretty, J.Jackson, Prior, Thorne

players who i would like to see get a chance late: Parks(Syd A), Burgoyne, Pepper, R.Baldi, F.Phillips, Kuipers, J.Chalcraft, Hanrahan, Andrews, Butler, Philp, Honey, Ralphsmith, Dean, McCormack, Rossiter, Yorke, Jamieson, O'Connor, Arn Cox, Warner

i know a few are different to how the AFL Media rate them, but this is from my PoV.

also i have not seen enough second tier football this year to know enough about the VFL/SANFL/WAFL players, so i have omitted them from this tier list except Partington whom i rate as a decent squad player for an AFL team.
I think you’re very spot on from having watched a lot of u18’s myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so rumour has it that the top 15 will look something like this, obviously just rumours so take it with a grain of salt.

1. GC - Matthew Rowell
2. GC - Noah Anderson
3. Melb - Luke Jackson
4. GWS - Lachlan Ash
5. GWS - Tom Green (matched bid from syd)
6. Syd - Sam Flanders
7. Adel - Fischer McAsey
8. Frem - Hayden Young
9. Frem - Dylan Stephens
10. Carl - Caleb Serong
11. Frem - Liam Henry (matched bid from melb)
12. Melb - Kysaiah Pickett
13. Haw - ?? (players left over to consider, Kemp, Robertson, Gould, Sharp, Rivers)
14. Port - ??
15. West - ??

so rumour has it that the top 15 will look something like this, obviously just rumours so take it with a grain of salt.

1. GC - Matthew Rowell
2. GC - Noah Anderson
3. Melb - Luke Jackson
4. GWS - Lachlan Ash
6. Syd - Sam Flanders
7. Adel - Fischer McAsey
8. Frem - Hayden Young
9. Frem - Dylan Stephens
10. Carl - Caleb Serong
13. Haw - ?? (players left over to consider, Kemp, Robertson, Gould, Sharp, Rivers)
14. Port - ??
15. West - ??

Kemp or Robertson at 13 would do me fine.....Preferably Kemp.

Would like to see us trade out our 2020 first to the Gold Coast, for their current pick 15 (end up being 17), to snaffle one of Taylor, Williams, Sharp or C.Stephens, before matching the Maginness bid.....Reckon it's do-able.

1. GC - Matthew Rowell
2. GC - Noah Anderson
3. Melb - Luke Jackson
4. GWS - Lachlan Ash
6. Syd - Sam Flanders
7. Adel - Fischer McAsey
8. Frem - Hayden Young
9. Frem - Dylan Stephens
10. Carl - Caleb Serong
14. Port - ??
15. West - ??
I'd be extremely happy with that outcome.

1. GC - Matthew Rowell
2. GC - Noah Anderson
3. Melb - Luke Jackson
4. GWS - Lachlan Ash
6. Syd - Sam Flanders
7. Adel - Fischer McAsey
8. Frem - Hayden Young
9. Frem - Dylan Stephens
10. Carl - Caleb Serong
14. Port - ??
15. West - ??

You could prob pen Weightman’s name in for the Bulldogs. Port at 14 is a bit of a mystery.

You could prob pen Weightman’s name in for the Bulldogs. Port at 14 is a bit of a mystery.

yea i was thinking of putting Weightman at the Bulldogs pick, i think it is a bit of a reach, but the Bulldogs are known for reaching if they like a player, but because Hawthorn and Port are unknowns at this stage i left it open.

1. GC - Matthew Rowell
2. GC - Noah Anderson
3. Melb - Luke Jackson
4. GWS - Lachlan Ash
6. Syd - Sam Flanders
7. Adel - Fischer McAsey
8. Frem - Hayden Young
9. Frem - Dylan Stephens
10. Carl - Caleb Serong
14. Port - ??
15. West - ??

I can see Robertson doing great at Hawthorn (and best available at that pick) and Kemp at Port (ditto). In that situation, I think Dogs would be picking between Weightman and Bergman.

I can see Robertson doing great at Hawthorn and Kemp at Port. In that situation, I think Dogs would be picking between Weightman and Bergman.

Robertson would be great, but we already have Tom Mitchell and Worpel who are exactly like him, we need quality users in the mid moreso than accumulators and extractors which is what those 3 are, which is why i favour Kemp in that scenario for us, we have been linked to Pickett, but he is likely to goto Melbourne so im unsure where we will go on draft night with pick 11 which will likely be pick 13.

Would like to see us trade out our 2020 first to the Gold Coast, for their current pick 15 (end up being 17), to snaffle one of Taylor, Williams, Sharp or C.Stephens, before matching the Maginness bid.....Reckon it's do-able.
I really doubt Gold Coast take that deal. Port had to offer up 29 in addition to a likely better 2020 pick than Hawthorn's just to get pick 16. GC are not passing on Will Day for less than that.

Would you trade your future first round pick for pick 21 in this years draft?

Would you trade your future first round pick for pick 21 in this years draft?

I guess it'll all depend on which players are still on the board & how highly we rate them....Do they have a quality & fulfil a need that no player in 2020 can.

It's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back